Laurel View Country Club

Year Built 1969
Architect Geoffrey Cornish (1969) Bill Robinson (1969)

Awesome improvements to a great layout

The course was in poor condition when I last played there a few years ago. I heard from other players that there was new management and the course had been dramatically improved. It’s in great condition now with fresh sand in most bunkers. Greens, fairways and tee boxes are all very good. By cutting down so many trees, there is beautiful views of the hillsides. Will look forward to playing there again soon.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Your feedback is important to us, u000005158466. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Laurel View Country Club.

Lauralview cc

Have not played here in some time because the course was in awful condition...But a friend suggested trying again because they did a nice job bringing it back...glad I did, the playable areas (Fairways, greens, tee boxes) were in good condition. I will say the cart paths needs alot of work. Also some holes need work with condition of rough just off fairway and most bunkers need work.

Commented on 09/21/2021

Hi, Scola. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Laurel View Country Club!

Improving

Check out our video here of the round. We will be back!

Commented on 09/21/2021

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, Kurtb2014. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Laurel View Country Club!

Too long of a wait!

There was an outing happening while the pro shop was sending everyone out. When we get to hole 1. There was so many people waiting to tee off. There was at least 4 groups waiting. So we decided to play the back 9 and rounding up playing the back 9 again, because hole 1 have at least 2 groups waiting to tee off. So we decided to play the back 9 again. The golf course did look better than last years. They removed a lot of trees and open up the entire golf course. But all the bunkers (back 9) needs a lot of work and replacement. All weeds and rocks. It is unplayable. Tee boxes was ok. Fairway and green are nice . We will definitely not return. It is not worth it to wait every shots.

Commented on 09/16/2021

Hello, Kam7041667. Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Laurel View Country Club.

Commented on 09/09/2021

Hello, u000004146718. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Laurel View Country Club.

Course

Awesome fairways, greens and layout. Not so awesome cart paths and sand traps.

Commented on 09/08/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Netta78. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Laurel View Country Club thanks you!

Commented on 09/01/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u000005074554. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Laurel View Country Club!

Commented on 08/31/2021

Hi, u000006496552. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Laurel View Country Club.

A whole new Laurel view

I can't say enough good things about my experience at Laurel View. Let me start out by saying LV used to be my home course and was a member there for a few years. I have at least 200 rounds of golf played there but have not played it in almost 5 years. The last time I played there I refused to return until it was under new management. I heard it was in good condition with a lot of changes so I gave it a try, and WOW was I impressed!!!
First off, the staff was extremely friendly and I love the outside seating area for the 19th hole. Then when I walked around to the 1st tee I almost couldn't recognize the place. All the trees and brush they took out near the practice green and the 1st hole was a very welcoming sign of good things to come. The scene from the first tee box makes the course look like complete redesign but it wasn't and that's what I love. There has been a lot of trouble areas taken out of the course which does make it play a lot easier but helps you make a good score for a few hole because if you've ever played LV you know there are some very tough holes to balance out the scorecard.
The tee boxes were in decent shape, some better than other but no complaints here. The greens were in excellent shape and running very smooth, just a little slow. Fairways and rough were better than your typical public course. As for the bunks, half of them are renovated and are in great shape, the other half are basically washed out. If we landed in one of the we just pulled the ball out and played from behind. It takes time to do all the bunkers over so no issues with my foursome. Be patient here people!
I can't wait to get back and play as many rounds as possible this year at LV. Not to mention the price is by far the best golf you'll get for your money

Commented on 08/31/2021

Hi, mdangelo2028. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Laurel View Country Club!

Great course and staff.

I enjoyed playing at this golf course. Pace of play was what pretty good. I was able to shoot in the 70s and would recommend playing here definitely.

Commented on 08/30/2021

Hi, RonPar72. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Laurel View Country Club, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 08/25/2021

Hi, gbprodinc. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Laurel View Country Club.

Commented on 08/20/2021

Hello, u314160482900. Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Laurel View Country Club.

Laurel view

The greens are great. Grounds crew flooded the 16th green so we picked up. Bunkers still need work. Overall we were happy.

Commented on 08/18/2021

Hi, u314159960862. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Laurel View Country Club.

Connecticut Advisor

Enjoy This Venue!

The story here seems much the same as when I visited in late June. Laurel View has taken pains to restore higher quality conditions, after a year when the reviews in GA were suggesting that the course may have had its day. Today, again, the fairways were in good condition and the greens and greenside roughs were very good. Not carrying their weight, however, are the bunkers (still): some are playable, some barely so.

I greatly enjoyed playing Laurel View today, feeling even more certain about the high quality of the layout on my second visit. The soul of the course comes from the features designed by Cornish and Robinson: flowing and rolling fairways, strong elevation changes, frequent use of high tees that overlook landing zones, subtly contoured greens, and above all, a superior use of bunkering. The bunkers here are large, various, numerous, and well placed to defend the greens. When they are restored fully, the course will have that ‘extra’ dimension. Tough holes are abundant here, too. When you’ve finished your round at Laurel, you may be feeling somewhat worn out from a raft of demanding holes: 3 through 5, along with 7, 9, 11, 15, and 16. And only a couple of holes might be called ‘routine.’

Concerning service, Frank and Nate do outstanding work. Both were personable, friendly, and attentive to any concerns of Golf Now players (who are not in any way treated as second class citizens), as they showed more than once today. Kudos. I’m impressed by the relaxed but polite atmosphere at this club, which makes me feel like coming back regularly is an excellent idea.

Conclusions: As very good holes are not in short supply at Laurel View and the service is strong, it’s only overall conditioning that currently prevents the venue from restoration to the top ranks of Connecticut courses. But it’s doubtless a strong value, and I’m sure to return this fall.

Commented on 08/20/2021

Hi, AptlyLinked. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Laurel View Country Club!

Love the layout, course need some work.

Love the layout, course needs some work. Some hard pan spots on certain holes in fairway and the sand traps definitely need to be redone. Greens are healthy. I like the clearing out process that has taken place so far. I hope it continues. Sooner than later.!

Commented on 08/17/2021

Hello, u00004977263. Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Laurel View Country Club.

Great value!

This course has had quite the face lift. With the removal of trees, the course has opened up, and the course itself is playing in excellent shape.

Commented on 08/17/2021

Thank you for your review, Paul3681534. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Laurel View Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/12/2021

Hi, uV1AU8153V1. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience and what we can do earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Laurel View Country Club!

After years of neglect, Laurelview is coming back

Always loved the layout of the course. But for years, it was just unplayable. Tee boxes were destroyed, fairways had huge bare spots, traps were pretty much gravel, and the greens were just terrible. They finally cleaned up the mess from the tornados years ago and cleaned up a lot. Prob half of the traps have fresh new sand, tee boxes were clean and greens were good. Avoided it for years but now I’ll go back.

Commented on 08/10/2021

Hi, u000006472860. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Laurel View Country Club!

Need more work

Decided to play here again after several year stop coming here. Few holes wide open now compared to before. Hope more work to be done especially bunkers ( no sand just rock with weed) some yardage for distance would be nice just a simple colored stick. Ball cleaner never exist. Cart outdated ( saw some new ones). Played today because hot deal for $30. Won’t go there if regular $60. Hope they will bring back the glorious Laurel View. A lot of improvements for the greens no more big weed in the middle of it.

Commented on 08/09/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, u000004283831. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Laurel View Country Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Bunkers

Fairways and greens are in great shape, would get a 5 but the bunkers are a mess.

Commented on 08/02/2021

Hi, u251331874. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Laurel View Country Club.

Hamden, Connecticut