Hawks Tail Golf Club

Year Built 1927
Greens Blue grass

Clubs No

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Worth the drive

Wanted to play someplace new and found a really good deal for this course. Not overly difficult, though some accuracy is required off a few tees. Course was in good shape and the staff very friendly. Pace of play was great. Glad I made the drive.

Great value

Very nice course. The person at the desk was very nice. The price was really low for this quality course.

Worth the price

The course is in great shape. The only down side would be that the greens were a little slow. In the past, the greens were slick. It may be due to the amount of rain.

We Quit...

In all my years of playing golf (35+ yrs) I have never left in the middle of round... well we did at Hawks Tail.
As we sat on #15 tee box we were already 5 hours in, so it was going to be a 6+hr round plus the fact there was no water coolers avail on the entire course (90* & humid)-- we packed up and left.
The courses grass is awesome if you want a nice bluegrass lawn for a house, just not what you want for fairways-- way too high, too thick.
The back 9 is exceptionally long & not player friendly- they could shorten numerous back 9 holes 30-40yds and they would still be long holes.
We followed a two-some the entire front 9 that was getting golf instruction on the course as they "played" & never offered for us to go around (we were a two-some also).
I would not recommend nor play again, way too many better options in the Indy area market.
Some positives-- the greens were in very good shape & rolled well, yet kind of slow. We also liked the clearly marked yardages on the cart paths.

Not in great shape

I haven't played here in the last year or so. However, the course conditions were poor compared to the past. Lots of bare spots in the fairways. Some poor surfaces on some greens. Lots of dandelions in all roughs. Staff was friendly. But I probably won't play there again this year due to the condition of the course.
It was pretty windy this time (obviously not the fault of the course)
The course is longer than average. And there wasn't much advantage for senior tees on most holes. I'm 75 years old and not a long hitter. So that makes a difference to me.

Nice course overall, pretty rough shape in 2021

Hawks tail is a nice little course for the money. I've played here roughly 15 times, and they must be giving a discount this year because of conditions. I know for a fact I paid 35, last year and it was 27 this year and the course is rough. Lots of weeds, lots of dead spots. I'd say I moved my ball at least 10 times because I was in dirt where grass should be. No biggie with the discount, but if you're looking for plush fairways and better conditions, Hawks Tail is going to need some time. The layout is pretty nice and slightly above average. 17 is a nice challenge par 3 over water, 18 is a blind par 4 dogleg left that really makes you want to go over the trees for the miracle. Last but not least, it's Greenfield IN., and just like every other course in rural Indiana, you will deal with the neckbeards. This place is better than most around here, but be prepared for people who don't fill or fix divots, golf in jeans and basketball shorts, play music loudly from their carts, drive into your tee box, and litter the course. Just like most things, the place would be much nicer without the people who inhabit it.

Hawks Tail is a good value!

Pace of play was perfect for an afternoon round. Staff was very friendly, can’t beat the value!

Nice Day

We enjoyed our day and the other golfers on the course were very polite!

Staff Has Attitude

I booked on Golf Now and met three friends here.. I had already paid and they checked in so I went straight to the first hole. On hole two I was in the fairway taking my second shot when the young guy who worked their came out. My friends yelled that he was telling them it’s cart path only. I honestly did not know and waved an apologetic wave and moved the cart. The guy then proceeded to tell my friends to not let it happen again insinuating he would kick us out. I apologized at the turn and told him I thought his comment was a little much and he proceeded to tell me two more times with smirk on his face and also reminded me he could kick us out. I told him that’s not a way to treat your guests and walked on. I was more than nice and apologetic for an honest mistake. I thought the attitude was unwarranted. Needless to say the young guy in the clear frame glasses seems to be on a power trip. Also none of the ball wash stations had water, divot fill was empty on all carts, and the tee boxes were a mess. I’ll never be back.

Slow

Flat course with not a whole lot going on, other than a couple small ponds in a creek running through it not much trouble to get into. Fairways were almost as long as the rough and the tea boxes even had long grass growing on them. The greens were the only saving grace, they rolled pretty smooth but did not seem to break the way they should. But most greens didn't even have a fringe on them so if you missed the green by a foot you were in the rough and got penalized.

Solid course

There was a tournament while I was there, assuming that’s why the price was so good for 17 and a cart, but everyone was friendly.
The course itself was in good shape, open fairways, not too difficult. Some long par 5s to shake it up which was nice. The rough wasn’t too thick that you’d lose your ball and the greens were pretty true. All in all good place to play

This course needs a mow!

Overall nice layout to the course. Pace of play was average at best. Course greens keeping was lacking for this time of year.

Crab grass

Course tee boxes were crab grass. Fairways were crab grass. Made for very difficult play even if in the fairway bc you can’t get a good lie.

Crab Grass Everywhere

So sad to see Crab Grass on Tees, Fairways and Fringes! Disappointing. If this was known would have played elsewhere.
Greens are in good condition no crab grass.

Greenfield, Indiana
Greenfield, Indiana
New Palestine, Indiana
Knightstown, Indiana
3.1904857143
Pendleton, Indiana
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.