Kentucky Hills Golf Course in Summer Shade, Kentucky, USA | GolfPass

Kentucky Hills Golf Course

Year Built 1996
Architect Terry Ashenburg

Out Of The Way Course

If you don’t mind playing a course with lots of hills, you will enjoy. The greens are above average. The staff was very friendly. If you want to get off the grid, go play this course.

Stumbled onto a keeper

First time here and winter conditions. In the Glasgow/Scottsville area, you are either close to a course or you're going to drive a bit. I chose to drive. In farm country I didn't set high expectations.

Though a 9 hole course, it's got great features. Layout is interesting, challenging, and nuanced. Between doglegs, water, and elevation changes, moving the ball forward requires planning.

Then you arrive at the greens. How such greens came into being takes a very good, caring caretaker. Grass is dormant but the greens rolled true, good pace, and extremely playable. They must be PGA worthy in summer conditions.

Going around twice to get 18 in was, to me, a new challenge... Can I play this hole better the 2nd time around?

Yeah I'll be here again. Call ahead; the locals know how good this is, too, and it could be busy. But be sure to play. You won't regret it.

Hidden gem

Had a great time on this course soft greens and true roller will be back soon. Staff was awesome

Winter Condition but Great Fun

Even though the fairways were not plush and the greens were more yellows, my son and I had a great time. It's almost January and we could still play golf at this course.
The owner was very friendly and helpful. There were a few other groups out and they helped direct us to the correct t boxes/ t area.
The 9 holes are not very long, but still challenging. Nice variety of 2nd shots to green.
The greens were more of a yellow, but it didn't effect the putting too much.
We drove 17 hours round trip and look forward to seeing how this course plays in season. Fantastic experience!

Great Golf Course

I went to this golf course today, and I will 100% be back here. The Greens were perfect and the fairways (besides a few spots of dirt) were amazing. A very challenging golf course for the average golfer like myself. Overall a great experience and great staff. This golf course is in the middle of nowhere but it is a hidden gem. Locals say that the golf course was in bad shape last year but now it is in really good shape. Come down to this golf course it is an experience that I will never forget!

Awful experience

Fairways looked like they were trying to grow a garden. Seriously. When you got on the greens, you might as well been in the bunker. AWFUL GREENS. AWFUL FAIRWAYS. Fairways were mainly dirt. Greens, if you could even call them greens, were sandy and you couldn’t even putt. Course is in awful awful awful shape. Not sure what other golfers reviews are talking about, maybe they played a different course than I did. Just awful.

Commented on 12/02/2018

I saw the dates of your post and will tell you that that was the worst the golf course has ever looked. Ownership was having a hard time and has made a few changes since the summer. He sprigged the fairways and they started looking great before it turned cold. Management does a pretty good job considering it’s a 9 hole track and has a very limited budget. Give this place another look and I guarantee you won’t be disappointed

Fantastic 9 hole course

My 1st time there but , thoroughly enjoyed it . They've went to Bermuda greens , dormant , but were in great shape . Can't wait to play when the Bermuda fairways and greens come in !!!! Staff was extremely friendly too . I'm an avid golfer and this place was a hidden gem !!!

You have got to check this place out!

A friend and I went out to play on Veterans Day. Pretty cold day but had a great day. Very nice , well maintained, fun golf course with great staff. I lost a ball ( found it second time around this 9 hole track) and one of the staff out trimming trees gave me several good balls that he found that day. All in all a 5 star day! My only minor issue was the clubhouse stemmed of cigarette smoke, but, as I said, we were the only golfers out on this cold day so a very small issue. I will be back!

Staff was extremely friendly. Course was challenging and very well maintained. I haven't played here in a few years but I will be returning in a regular basis.

Glasgow, Kentucky
Glasgow, Kentucky
Tompkinsville, Kentucky
Park City, Kentucky
FLORENCE, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at The Shoals Golf Club - Schoolmaster & Fighting Joe Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.