The Quest Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Architect John Sanford (1994) Ken Green

Golf School Academy Yes - "Dan McGinnis Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX Welcomed
Dress code Proper golf attire is required at all times, including shirt (preferably collared) and shoes. While denim is allowed, cut-off shorts, and sleeveless shirts or tank tops are not permitted.

Quest Worthy

First time on the coarse. It was very well maintained and in excellent condition. Staff was friendly, course layout was well designed. I don’t have any complaints. I would always like golf to be cheaper, but it was well worth the $40-45.

Review

Such a good course. Layout is really nice and the course is well kept

New Managmen Sucks

They had 2 cars in Parking lot .. They blocked all their T times on Golf Now and acted like we were bothering them because they had a huge group of 8 to prepare for lol

Michigan Advisor

Wasn't Impressed

Perhaps it's the style of architecture or the setting of the Quest, but it ranks pretty low on my list of courses in northern Michigan. There's so much good golf around that when I come across a course that's just average, I definitely notice it. It felt a little contrived and artificially tough for seemingly no reason (lots of forced carried and water). The staff was nice enough and the rate was fine, but I just felt underwhelmed by the whole experience. I'm sure there's a certain group of people that enjoy this type of course, but I'm not in it.

Take money elsewhere

Honestly not a bad course, but when we teed off around 9:15 it was more damp than expected, and once we got to the back 9 I realized it was because they run the sprinklers all day. Fairways and a couple greens had sitting water on them on a completely dry day... made for many plugged golf balls with no roll and much slower than anticipated greens with puddles. There are many other courses around the area that I feel are better value than here. Not a bad course to play once, but I’ve never played on such a soaked course when it hasn’t rained and is hot and sunny. Can definitely get a better value within a half hour radius. Hope it was a one-time thing, but unfortunately ruined it for myself and group.

Also clubhouse staff did not wear masks like prior COVID-related reviews had stated if anyone is curious about that.

Championship course, great prices

While on vacation in northern Michigan I wanted to play a different course then I usually do when at our cabin. I went to Golfnow and browsed for tee times. Found a hot deal for The Quest amongst other courses in the area. I decided to do some researching on the courses within a 50 mile radius and found mixed reviews but decided to purchase a tee time at the quest anyways. Am I happy I did!
When we arrived, we went into the club house that was very nice. The pro shop was fully stocked on any item you might need for your round. The staff were wearing masks (COVID-19), extremely nice and helpful and the building look extremely clean. The bar area was also in terrific shape and very clean as well.
The course was in amazing shape! With how dry and hot it has been, I was expecting burnt greens and fairways but to my supplies I hardly seen any areas that were in bad shape! Greens were full and fast! They rolled very true and smooth. The front was more opened up then the back although it still had a lot of challenging holes. This course could be fun with gripping island ripping it, but you can really shoot a good score by playing your first shot to set up your second.
I and very happy I did not brush the quest off from previous reviews. I will be playing the quest again next time I’m in the area.

Another great time

Played the Quest again and enjoyed the whole round. The young lady who signed us in was fruendly. The bartender provided exceptional service. The course is challenging with some tight fairways and tough Par 3s with plenty of sand traps. Pace of play was great even with our marshalls. Working the drive. Front nine much different then back which I found more challenging.

Quest golf course

Nice course. Really hilly if you don’t stay in the fairways. Just challenging enough. Lots of water and sand traps to avoid!

Pleasantly surpriaed

Some reviews read we're not good but found our experience enjoyable. Nice condition, challenging layout played quickly.
Will be back.

Felix The Hacker

Well maintained course, challenging but fair layout, and super friendly, helpful staff. Recommended for players of all skill levels based on 5 sets of tees.

Nice track

Nothing crazy but in good condition and well worth the greens fees.

Great course better pricing

The course staff were extremely friendly. Club house was very clean and staff were wearing mask (COVID). The course was in amazing shape. Challenging course but very fun. Need to play course management to keep the score low. Bad shots off the tee box will make for a long day. Tee boxes, fairways and greens were in amazing shape! Greens rolled true and fast! It was my first time playing, but will be going back up next time we’re at the cabin! A+++

The course has 5 Tee selections

Beautiful course that was challenging for both my husband who is a much better golfer than I am and myself due to the multiple (5) tee box selections. Very friendly staff and amenities. A greatt mix of bunkers and water. A true upnorth course. Will DEFINETELY be back

Pleasantly Surprised

Previous to playing read a few poor reviews. I was hesitant to book but wanted to try the course. My wife and I played a quick 18 and found the course layout challenging, enough water and sandtraps to make it interesting. The staff was young but nice enough. Overall a good experience.

Championship Golf Course

First time playing this one, its a gem. played from the pros (they even have a set behind those) 6500 yards, tough course with water and bunkers everywhere. fast greens, great fairways, championship style course. best one in the area

Houghton Lake, Michigan
Prudenville, Michigan
Harrison, Michigan
Saint Helen, Michigan
Grayling, Michigan
Harrison, Michigan
Gladwin, Michigan
Roscommon, Michigan
Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Boyne's Highlands or Mountain resorts with the option to play 18 or 36 holes of golf of your choice between five Boyne golf courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.