An open front nine with nasty fairway bunkers to increase the challenge. The back nine has water and bunkers. It is bordering Minnesota's Lake Country.

Pebble Lake Golf Course

Year Built 1941
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Paul N. Coates (1941)

Excellent condition, well maintained

Course, especially greens, in excellent condition considering drought and high heat conditions. Maintenance and management of course have been improving in recent years resulting in a good player experience. Enjoying the positive changes that have been made to the course, making it one of the best to play in the area.

Wonderful

Course was in amazing shape. Greens true and fast. Fairways green. A little pricey but the most high-end gps enabled carts I've seen and the softest seats.
Will be back soon.

Great course... and we will never be back.

My wife and I made an AM tee time and arrived early... 745AM- ish. We walked in as the door was unlocked and about 4 guys are hanging out. Some of the guys grabbed some range ball buckets and proceeded to go hit some balls on the range.

While waiting our turn, some guy comes up and rudely tells my wife. "we don't open until 8" and says "I'm not even working today".

Seriously... those were the first words out his mouth. Not " Hello", "Hi" or "Welcome". Somehow we are suppose to know who this person is.

So... we mill around for a few minutes and contemplated just leaving. This guy comes around while I am looking out the window watching the aforementioned guys hitting balls on the range. He proceeds to tell us he will check us in... again repeating that he "isnt working today".

This guy then finally identified himself as the "Director" and those guys I watched grabbing range balls were his "buddies".

We did get sent off ahead of him and his buddies though... so I guess I should commend the "director" for actually thinking that the two of us might indeed be faster. Also, this director did give us the fall twilight rate for golf. We didn't ask or expect either. We were prepared to tee off at our reserved time and pay the full fee.

However... we do expect a little courtesy when we are paying a business for a service.

This is the first time I have ever been admonished for being early to a tee time or any other type of appointment.

So there's a few things, Keith Swanson, Director of Golf. I would like to address.

First... There is no public golf course in MN that can afford to treat paying public golfers... rudely. Learn to say "Hello" and to identify yourself before you just start spouting off an attitude.

All we did was walk into a Golf Course ProShop that had 4 guys walking around and waited our turn.... thats it.

Second... If you aren't open for business.. why is the door unlocked, people actively grabbing range buckets to hit balls and golf carts with clubs loaded driving around? Certainly gives the appearance of a golf course that is open. Great acting, I guess.

Third.. If you are on the property of the golf course... you are representing that business regardless if you are "punched in" or not. Act like a professional. A polite statement like " Hello, Im sorry, but it will be a few minutes until we get to you... we aren't quite open yet", Is all that is necessary. Save the attitude for your buddies and other people that know you.

Fourth... Learn to utter the words... "I'm Sorry"... even if you don't mean it.

Unfortunately... this start of the day tainted the rest of our golf experience at PLGC. There was no way we were going to spend another dime at this place today or at any time in the future.

The course itself has a cool lay out. Beautiful scenery. Kudos to the maintenance crew.. the course is in great shape, especially considering the amount of recent rain. The pace of play was good as we were the first out and the next group behind us was two holes back.

There are plenty of other cool, public golf courses in MN that will actually welcome you when you arrive.... choose any of those first.

Worth the trek. Come on out!

I hate giving “all 5-star” reviews because it implies that the course really has no areas to improve.

This course is gorgeous and in great condition. It’s very well maintained and I met a couple of the members while I was out on the track and we had a great time closing the round together.

That all said, it is a 5-star course but other than a raised tee over a pond, nothing really stood out as noteworthy. I suppose every course has one or two unique things about it and this course did not fail to keep me entertained or challenged. But was it a “WOW!” no.

But it was a great experience and I’ll go back again and you should too. Great course. Wouldn’t have found it without the PCC and am glad it’s on the list while I was traveling through town. Thanks!

Dalton, Minnesota