Stones Throw Golf Course

Year Built 1955

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Internet Access

Great golf course

The course was in great condition even though we have had a lot of rain. We really enjoyed playing it.

Commented on 07/05/2019

Thank you u226830933 for the five star rating and review! We hope to see you again soon this season.

Commented on 07/05/2019

Thank you for the five star rating!

Commented on 07/05/2019

Thank you for the four star rating!

Very good course in very good condition with excellent golf supredent and staff.

Commented on 07/28/2017

Thank you u352181123 for the four star review! We are glad the staff made you feel at home and your course expectations were met. See you again soon!

Play was a fast pace we played during the week so it wasn't very busy cousre was in good shape the burgers are great

Commented on 09/19/2017

Thanks asplus for the four star review! We are happy to hear you had a great time and enjoyed your burgers. Hope to see you on the greens at Stones Throw again soon!

Stones Throw is a fun and challenging course with enough risk/ reward opportunities to keep you interested. The people are great and the price is right. Only issue I ever had is that they do not have a ranger to watch the pace of play and I have had to follow 5 and 6 sums.

Commented on 07/11/2017

Thank you u000005106884 for the four star review regarding your June visit to Stones Throw! We value your feedback regarding your course experience. Thank you for your insight and review. Hope to see you hit the greens with us again this season.

Fun Course

This course has a wide variety of challenging holes for all levels, for instance No 2 you can opt to go the distance over the marsh or go for the shorter but interesting down the cliff shot. This is truly a fine representative of Minnesota Golf: beautiful flowers, Scenic Holes along the Rum River and over the Brook . 5 sets of tees for all ability levels

Commented on 06/29/2017

Thank you rickmilaca for the great five star review! We appreciate your feedback and course review regarding your recent visit with us! See you on the greens at Stones Throw again soon!

Excellent Experieince

Stones Throw is a great course and is priced nicely. We enjoy the course as it has many challenging holes and water runs through out. The staff is wonderful and want to make sure you enjoy yourself. The only drawback is that they allow 5 or 6 somes that slow play to a creep. The need a ranger on busy days.

Commented on 05/16/2017

Thank you u000005106884 for the five star review. We appreciate the feedback regarding your recent visit with us. Hope to see you hit the greens at Stone's Throw again this season!

Poor weather

Good Golf Course, Great People

I have played this course a few times, it is challenging enough for me (lost plenty of balls) and my 11 year old son. We had a good time even though the weather sucked. It rained off and on through the first nine but still had a good time. I like the way this course is laid out with plenty of narrow shots plus water hazards. It is also nice because it is well cover with trees so not to feel others are to close to you as you play.

Excellent weather

Very enjoyable round

course in very good condition. Enjoyed the level of moderate difficulty for an average 70 yesr old golfer

Pretty course

Nice player friendly course . This course is challenging enough but still enjoyable .

Excellent weather

this course's greens make up for the length.

its a shorter course but it's alittle challenging, you have to give some thought to your shots. Great course for the money would definitely put it on your list of course's to play this summer.

Fun and Challenge

We had good time and very challenge with hot day for us to play. They also offer free APP download which positive for us

Nice Course at a Great Price

My wife and I for the Hot deals rate of $14 on Sunday Aug 11. We arrive about 20 minutes early and got out right away. The course in moderatley hilly with lots of trees. The tee boxes are in OK shape and the fairways and greens are in great shape. The fairways do have a few bare spots and a weed here and there but not bad. Most of the greens are elevated and they are fast making for some tricky putts.

A creek runs through the course and you have to cross it a number of times (I managed to find it a few times). Two holes run right next to the Rum River which is very scenic.

The course is not real long but it does give you a fair test of your skills.We will play again!

Bring plenty of Golf Balls

Some heavily wooded areas and water come into play quite frequently. If you hit the ball straight, you will score well. Very nice course, and a clubhouse with character!

Good Course... Extremely Slow Play

I've played this course a couple times this year both during the week and on the weekend. It is a really nice course with manicured greens. However, the clubhouse schedules way too many groups too close together and doesn't account for group ability. I played it yesterday and the clubhouse scheduled two groups of six in front of my twosome. The group in front of us throughout the round had four children under the age of ten all of which were golfing. We had to wait on all of our shots and our groove and scores suffered. I attribute this rate of play directly to the clubhouses lack of attention to group size and ability. I would recommend the course to people who have 5hrs and a lot of patience.

Worth the drive

A fun course for a great price. Some holes were flooded on the back nine after the huge rains recently but we played the front nine again and enjoyed the challenge. I have been there twice now and the cashier tried to overcharge both times. Senic and not so busy during the week.

great course for the price

I love this course for the price. The course isn't very long but is very tight. The greens are always in good shape. Highly recommend for any level golfer.

Foley, Minnesota
Princeton, Minnesota
Mora, Minnesota
Stanchfield, Minnesota
St Cloud, Minnesota
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.