Style Links

Year Built 1995
Golf Season Year round. High Season: March - October
Architect Gene Bates (1995) Steve Wolfard (1995)

Bar, Snacks, Grill

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Tennessee (2015 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2014 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2015 #21)

Amazing Food 15

Quirky

Quirky course. I would STRONGLY recommend that the first time you play this course, you play it with someone who knows it. There were numerous times (including hole 1) where we had no idea where the green was we were aiming it. We guessed right a couple of times, we guessed wrong a couple of times.

Conditions right now are very dry, expect a lot of fairway roll if you keep the ball in play. In some cases, this is good news, in others it is not.

As reviews indicate, staff is very friendly.

Commented on 05/23/2022

Thank you for playing Saddle Creek Golf Club and providing us with valuable feedback. We are not a "Quirky course" as you can tell from many of the previous reviews. We have course guides available.

Great value!

Finding a deal at 8am on “Tee Off” saved me $15 right off the bat! Greens are in good shape. The ball rolls well with many hidden subtle breaks. Fairways generally in good shape, although, off the fairway, grass is rather thin. Overall a good value and pleasant course to play.

Commented on 05/23/2022

SteveS79,

GOLF NOWV LADY MINUTE TEE TIME

Nice little course. Staff is really accommodating and friendly. Beverage cart timely. Directional signs leading to next tee as you wind around and around are excellently placed. Greens are okay. Course in fair condition and they're working on it everywhere you look. I'll play here again.

Commented on 05/17/2022

Thank you for playing Saddle Creek Golf Club and providing us with valuable feedback. We will always strive to do our best in the operations and maintenance of the course. With the weather we have experienced we are in excellent condition. We look forward to having you back soon

In afternoon snack bar closed as in after 2pm. Need to be open until 5 pm.

Commented on 04/26/2022

jtb1763,

Thank you for playing Saddle Creek Golf Club. Taproot Public House is a separate entity from the course. We carry snacks and beverages in the pro shop because of this matter.

Unreasonable People / Policies

I just wanted to warn people not to expect any understanding or compassion from the people at Saddle Creek. I had a tee time to play Saddle Creek on Saturday 4/23 but was unable to make it due to my wife unexpectedly going into labor on Friday night several weeks before her due date. I tried to cancel online on Friday night as soon as I knew that I wasn’t going to be able to make it but was unable to as it was within 24 hrs of the tee time. I then made a point to call the course prior to my tee time on Saturday morning and was told that I could reschedule my tee time for another time that day (Ha! So helpful!) or would be charged the full price of the round — even though I highly doubt that my tee time cost them any business as there were multiple tee times available in the hour after mine on the morning of the round. I understand the reason for cancellation policies, but I also would hope for some understanding from people when unforeseen circumstances arise. I hope they enjoy my $60 because it is the last dollar they will ever see from me.

Commented on 04/25/2022

Nicholas,

We have went to a strict cancellation policy due to numerous no shows in years past. We are very understanding and I'm not sure your circumstances were communicated to our staff. Would be more than happy to re-schedule your time to another week or month, especially with a new baby. Contact Brandon, our GM, and he will re-schedule you for another time. We hope everyone is doing well.

Saddle Creek Golf Club

Friendly staff and fun course. Several challenging holes.

Very nice affordable course just like to see restaurant open after golf.

Commented on 04/11/2022

Thank you for playing SCGC and providing honest feedback. We agree it would be nice to have open as well, but it's a separate entity that controls their own hours. We do have beer, drinks, snacks available in the pro shop.

Course condition

Course was about in average shape but that's probably due to the fact everything still dormant due to the crazy weather we've had warm cold warm cold wet dry wet. The greens were in remarkably great shape but they were really really slow oh, I would recommend the course cutting those down a little bit and maybe rolling them and they would probably be some of the best greens around. Course played at a very fast pace that was not very busy even on a Saturday the range was in really good shape other than a few bare spots on the tee boxes which that will all grow in as well.

Commented on 04/05/2022

Paul1146006,

Thank you for playing Saddle Creek Golf Club and providing us with valuable feedback. We will always strive to do our best in the operations and maintenance of the course. We lowered the height of the mower Friday to 0.130, but we have been having issues with some poa annua. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

No thanks

Course has an easy layout so thought it be a decent course to practice some swing changes on. Course played as hoped, but the greens were so incredibly slow they were virtually unplayable. Ever watch videos of Snead or Palmer back in the 50’s or 60’s putting on greens that look as hairy as todays fairways? It was like that. You’d need to hinge your wrists on lag putts. And good luck reading the breaks with the ball bouncing around everywhere. These greens need a good cut and some legit rolling before they’re actually playable. I’m going to need a whole putting practice session on a real green to recalibrate after that nonsense. If that’s the norm, it’s not worth the drive from Nashville.

Commented on 04/05/2022

Thank you for playing Saddle Creek Golf Club and providing us with valuable feedback. We will always strive to do our best in the operations and maintenance of the course. We lowered the height of the mower to 0.130 Friday morning. We are having issues with Poa Annua and by the afternoon it has blossomed back out. We are taking more action with it Monday to reduce this issue. Would like for you come back and enjoy Saddle Creek Golf Club on us. Call the pro shop and we'll get this resolved.

Lewisburg, Tennessee
Columbia, Tennessee
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Rockvale, Tennessee
Pulaski, Tennessee
FLORENCE, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at The Shoals Golf Club - Schoolmaster & Fighting Joe Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Preferred Golfer experience.
TAMPA, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Saddlebrook Resort - Palmer or Saddlebrook Courses. Includes Value Golfer experience.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at the Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at Ross Bridge Golf Club and Oxmoor Valley Golf Club - Ridge & Valley Courses.