Tullymore Golf Club

Year Built 2002
Architect Jim Engh (2002)

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Lodging

Lodging Available

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Nice but expensive

I live fairly close to this course & have played it for many years. It is a nice course worth playing but they recently made changes that are not good. They raised prices; (senior rate on the Friday we played was $48.00!) The course is nice but not near worth that. They also got rid of the driving range; which isn't good & added a starter which they don't need. My friends and I like this course but the changes will keep us from playing here anymore. :(

A friendly experience

This course was super challenging! If you’re playing from the championship tees it will definitely test all your skills. What made my experience even better was how friendly the staff was. From the cooks straight to the cart girls. Everyone was so welcoming and joyful to talk to. Was worth every penny. I hope my next trip is just as good.

Fun & Pristine Track

Facility and property are nice. Carts are smooth riding and nice GPS. Driving range is lackluster, but it's free. Played solo, 2nd tee time out & finished in 2:15 from Blues. Shot 80.

Tee boxes were perfect, which is super important to me. Fairways are generous and roll out nice. Some challenges, but multiple lines you could attack. Some tough pin placements and challenging morning greens were my biggest challenge. Rolled nice and mostly true. Par 3's were all unique with some forced carries. I believe 3 on the front and 2 on the back. 18 was a solid par 5 finishing hole.

Would play a bunch with cheaper rates. Worth $100 + but that adds up quick for some golf!

Target golf but fair

Played in October, the greens were punched but still rolled well. It's a very pretty course with great mounding and tree lined holes. Lots of forced carries off the tee and fairways usually slanted towards the hazards. Quite of few blind shots as well. Fun to play but definitely not a minimalist sort of course and probably not worth the standard rate.

Michigan Advisor

Very challenging

Second most difficult course I played this season but I’m glad I played it. Kind of a strange layout with an extra par 3 and par 5. The front nine has three par-3’s in four holes. My advice is to really prioritize the approach shots and strive for advantageous angles into the green. Greens were very deep and undulating and I’m guessing they were rolling quicker than an 11.5 Greens didn’t hold approach shots well which got annoying. Bunkers didn’t have as much sand as most courses do.

My only complaint is the staff was cold towards us. We were told 4 times by different employees to keep pace of play because they were so busy. On hole 15 we were advised we were 4 minutes behind. 4 minutes behind is not a big deal in my book.

Much tougher than St. Ives

Tullymore has eluded me the past few years even though I played the sister course - St. Ives - twice. I can say that Tullymore is considerably more difficult. The course is very tricked up, with lots of difficult carries, undulating fairways and greens, and an assortment of difficult pin placements. The course was in great shape and I consider it one of the more difficult and yet beautiful courses I have played in Michigan. I highly recommend it.

For a course that bills itself as a premier destination golf location the conditions were rough. Greens were marked up pretty bad and the fairway were rough in spots. This probably was due to the late season but for the price it disappoints. The design gets boring after a while too...all but a few holes had forced carry off the tees. People were very friendly and helpful. Would hesitate to recommend this course as a jewel.

Play 36 and make it a day

We played 36 holes starting off at sister course St. Ives and finishing the round at Tullymore Golf. Simply put - outstanding golf course. Well maintained. You set the level of challenge depending on the tees you select. A hybrid of blue and white was perfect for our foursome. Beverage cart was well-stocked and kept us properly hydrated the entire round. Water views on the back-9 were stunning. Great layout - a true gem.

Course was in great condition. The clubhouse has a upscale country club feel. Staff was friendly

Tullymore Won't Disappoint

An interesting and beautiful layout demands thoughtful shotmaking. Manicured bentgrass fairways and smooth greens make this course a delight. Golf cars have latest technology to help with this.

Get More Tullymore if you can

Fun golf course with 5 par 5’s and 5 par 3’s. It is very playable and with 5 sets of tees, it can challenge ANY PLAYER! It was quite wet the day I played it, so the greens were a bit slow for my liking, but they were VERY SMOOTH. I was unaware that this was part of a resort until I arrived here. The driving range is small, the putting green is a bit small, and there is not much of a chipping area to speak of. The layout is a Jim Engh design, and I generally don’t care for his work, but this course was an exception. Although, this course has some of his common design elements (wayward shots are funneled toward the target green or fairway) it’s not too prominent. You will have the opportunity to use every club in the bag, and the carts have GPS. If you are on your way traveling from central MI to northern MI, give this course a try, I think you will really enjoy it.

Never thought I would leave with a new course in my TOP 3 in Michigan VERY IMPRESSED!

I was blown away from start to finish, and what I mean by start is even the initial phone call I was treated with such kindness and respect! Without making this long and drawn out Tullymore knocks it out of the park. The best way I could describe it would be if "Pilgrim''s Run somehow got even nicer in every area and moved to Traverse City and that is how you feel as you play Tullymore, IT WAS GOOSEBUMPY! Enjoy and hit em straight because if you get sloppy it can be a long day but if you stay disciplined you can light it up a bit. Only complaint is the greens were basically unplayable because they aerated them and they were just caked in sand so putting was impossible. Would have been nice to know that however we were never told but I also am guessing why it was such a great deal! It didn't take away from my appreciation of this beauty, instead all it did was make me want to come back even faster to see how much better this place could potentially be! ENJOY!

Regards,

Coach O (Grand Rapids Mi)

Family outing

Great condition and course, friendly staff. Pace of play was great. Got 18 hole in under 4 hours.

Big Rapids, Michigan
Big Rapids, Michigan
Edmore, Michigan
Pierson, Michigan
Pierson, Michigan
Reed City, Michigan
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.