A view from a green at Colts Neck Golf Club

Style Links

Colts Neck Golf Club is one of central New Jersey's most popular courses. The diverse course offers everything from Scottish-style bunkers to sparkling lakes. Tall golden fescue rough borders the fairways and the greens are large and undulating. The course is seemingly short at only 6,236 yards but it shouldn't be taken lightly. It's much more challenging than it appears. The layout finishes with two of its toughest holes. The 17th has a tough green fiercely guarded by out-of-bounds and the course saved the most difficult hole for last. This par 3 will test even the most seasoned golfers. In addition to the golf course, Colts Neck also has a 25-station driving range that stays open late. It's a great spot for getting in some practice after work.

Colts Neck Golf Club

Golf School Academy Yes - "The New Jersey Golf Performance Academy"

Dress code Men - collared shirts are required. No blue jeans allowed. No short shorts allowed.

Clubhouse, Lounge, Locker Rooms

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New Jersey (2019 #21)

Thick Rough 16

Impressive

Interesting layout. Fair test. First timer If your driver is working (mine wasn’t) one can get around pretty well.
Greens were in good condition for Nov. Fair ways were good so were . Bunker remediation was in process.
Definitely a replay.

Confusing layout for a first time player

Course was great and greens were excellent.
Better signage is needed to point to next holes.

Quality

Leaves can be a problem this time of year.
Excellent job of keeping the fairways clean and only a couple of the greens had leaves .
The course is in fine shape
We play many NJ courses. This one rates near the top

Layout is confusing for the initial round

Playing this course solo for the first time presented some challenges, especially trying to find hole 12.
Luckily I joined up with a friendly group on hole13.
Walking this course was a task but doable.
The greens were excellent but I repaired several ball marks left by previous players.
Overall, the course was enjoyable to play and now that the inital round is inder my belt, I look forward to playing it again.

Impressive golf experience

Surrounded by multi-million dollars houses, the sprawling green course fits in nicely. This time of year you can expect maintenence issues to detract from the beauty, a bit. A player's course. Greens are huge. As with other courses, pin placement and green undulations are most challenging. There was no food available for us, so, bring your own. Just one bathroom on the 12TH. I'd say it ranks with Sun Eagles and Eagle Ridge. A bit pricey for me. A 10% discount for seniors. Definitely worth a try.

Aeration

Nice course. Courtesy extended by all personnel. Would have preferred to be informed that aeration was in progress on many holes which made some short shots from the green impossible due to innumerable plugs.

Excellent course!!!

The course was in great shape and the staff was extremely friendly. The worst part were the carts. We were notified on the gps unit in the cart to keep up with the pace of play, even though the cart said we were 5-10 minutes ahead of pace. This notification was rather annoying after the third or fourth time. Other than that, the gps unit was very useful in determining distances to hazards/greens and keeping score.

Beautiful Day

Fun track. Greens very fast and consistent. A little chewy in some spots but u have to expect that with the rough Summer we had.
If lazy people would fix their divots and ball marks on the green the course would b in much better shape.

Reservations

Great layout the. Course was in ok shape and the staff questioned me about a TW shirt that was clearly unquestionable unless your a person of color

Great condition

Course was in great condition. They did a great job with not a lot of rain this summer compared to other NJ courses.nice layout. Pace of play was a lil slow,could use a ranger.Could not buy any alcohol unless you’re a member. I will absolutely play here again.

Last minute booking

I played this course 2 days ago and although I didn't really want to play there I'm glad I did. The reviews were not great but I couldn't find another morning tee time as I was booking last minute. I was very pleasantly surprised. Despite the hot dry summer, the Fairways and greens were green and in great shape. The pace of play was great and we never had anyone on our trail. Staff was very friendly. The new carts with GPS were an added bonus. I would definitely play there again.

Round of Horror

Paid about 100 bucks each for my wife and me on a warm Sunday. Guys at the bag drop look at us then say go grab a cart never even offering to take bags or ask tee time. On the second hole we are greeted by a group of 4 young men in t shirts firing up joints like they are at a Grateful Dead concert. Took most of them 4 strokes to get pat the women's t box spraying the balls and screaming as music radiated from their cart. For safety, and time, my wife and I decided to pass the boys but still heard them many holes behind screaming. The group in front of them were also 4 guys blaring music and adorned with hockey jerseys like a scene from Happy Gilmore. On the 8th green, one of these hockey players/golfers sent a ball whizzing by our heads without any warning or apology. At this point we approached our 3rd empty water cooler on this hot day. By hole 10 I called the pro shop and explained the nightmare situation only to be told there is nothing they can do. 10 mins later a general manger drove us out a bottle of water and made jokes about the offensive players but offered no solution or tried to make our day any better with a discount or free round. Nightmare experience start to finish. Better of taking 200 dollars and flushing it down the toilet to play this course littered with unruly people, weeds, and rude management I expect this behavior at a local muni, but a supposed upscale semi-private course at 100 dollars per person is outrageous

Ban people on the course that don't repair their divots

Far too many divots on the greens, some large ones within 5 ft of hole. It's a real shame there are so many people playing golf that don't care, or can't see. Those people need to be banned from golf courses

Marlboro, New Jersey
Farmingdale, New Jersey
Eatontown, New Jersey
Red Bank, New Jersey
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
Manalapan, New Jersey
Freehold, New Jersey
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Seaview, A Dolce Hotel and 2 rounds of golf at Seaview Golf Club - Bay & Pines Courses.
TUNKHANNOCK, PA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Shadowbrook Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Shadowbrook Golf Course.