Year Built 2001

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Banquet Facilities, Showers, Lockers

Will not go back here again

I played Crosswinds for the first time last Friday. We had two foursomes from our office and we were all excited to try out Crosswinds - several of us had driven from Toronto, Oshawa and other parts of the GTA to play here. Everything was great until the fifth hole par 5, when the course course Marshals began hounding both foursomes. They complained about our pace of play, which tees we were playing from, one of the guys answering a mandatory work phone call (quietly). Albeit, we never held up the THREESOME behind us and kept pace with the group in front of us. We dealt with Marshals hounding us the entire day, including one older gentleman who would continue talking during our backswings - which just made matters worse. All in all, the Marshals ruined this experience for us - one in which we had spent over $100 on green fees and I can confidently say none of us will be returning to play here. Nice track but not worth the headache, especially if everyone in the foursome is a 20 handicap or less. After being held up by a group having lunch on the turn, we finished the round in 4.5 hours.

Beautiful but pricey.

If cost is no concern go check out Crosswinds. It is in amazing condition, the carts are state of the art. The course itself is a nice layout with the Par 3 Island Green being a highlight.
Will play again.

Good course, good scenery, recommended

First time playing the course and played from the tips. Good length 6,500 yards, with a few quite long par 4's and one very long par 3. Bunkers were fine, greens and tee boxes well maintained. Always nice to play in the escarpment area and you could tell the course was well cared for.

The only real complaint was the excessive safety measures used in the carts. It almost ruins the point of driving a cart in the first place. Slows you down to a snails pace on a 20 degree bend in the cart path and is overkill. Not sure it is worth the money carting by the end of all the unnecessary safety/regulatory features built into it. All for protecting greens etc., but definitely need to rethink this aspect.

Excellent course, lousy bunkers

I've played Crosswinds many times for many years and have always had a good experience, even when my score isn't so good. But what have they NOT been doing to their bunkers the last couple of years. A 1/4 inche of sand on top of hard pan. The club hits 2 inches behind the ball and bounces into it and across the green it goes. I'm usually not too bad in the bunkers. I guess one solution is to stay out of them... oh wait, the pros go in them to.
It's still a great course.

Incentivized Review

Excellent day with good company, decent challenge and decent pace of play.

Perfect conditions

Ontario had dry summer! This course was always in great condition, staff are to be commended. Excellent practice area.

Excellent weather

Terrific Experience

I play this course regularly. The course is playable for the higher handicapper and challenging for the better players. The design is clever in that a challenging hole is often followed by a gettable hole. The course will not wear you down, but will test you. It's a good combination of fun and skill. Pace of play could be a bit better. People need to pay attention to the right tees for them.
The staff are among the best I have ever come across in my golf travels. They are always friendly and the pro shop folks will give you a deal if one is available. The pub serves typical club fare. The food quality, atmosphere and staff are all wonderful. The marshalls are mature and customer friendly.
I highly recommend this club to all golfers.
GW

Hamilton, Ontario
Milton, Ontario
Burlington, Ontario
NIAGARA FALLS, CAN | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of two hotels and 3 rounds of golf at Legends on the Niagara Battlefield and Usher's Creek courses, and Whirlpool.