Idle Creek Golf Course

Year Built 1996

Carts Yes - $15

Dress code Appropriate golf attire. Shirts must be worn at all times on the Club's premises.

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

A very fair golf course

This was the first time I played this course. There were only a couple holes that were somewhat challenging. Overall, I feel it is a very fair and attractive course; however, it is important to mostly hit the ball in the fairway as there are several holes with water and some with narrow fairways. I enjoyed playing the course.

Good course

The front 9 is tight and the greens are challenging, which makes for a tough course, but u can score well if you keep the driver in the fairway.

Enjoyed this course immensely.

The front requires some thought. Short but just right for seniors who enjoy creative shot making rather than grip it and rip it. Shot placement is a priority. The back is a little more new school but still forces you to choose your club carefully.

Slow play...

Nice experience except we had to follow a fivesome! A 3 hour round turned into a 4 1/2 hour round. The course was empty except for a slow fivesome that wouldn’t let anyone play through. We had to wait on every shot. It was disappointing to see an empty course ahead of the slow fivesome. It is sad when the pro shop lets a fivesome play on a weekend morning.

Above Average Course

It’s been about 5 years since I’ve played at Idle Creek and playing today remind me why it’s been an long since I’ve been there. We haven’t had much rain lately and even though we had some rain in the morning yesterday, the course seemed like it just went through a monsoon. It’s SOOOOOO wet during the late morning and early afternoon hours. Every shot I took my ball was coated in water droplets. There was standing water and mud on just about every hole on the course. If they ease up a little bit on how much they water the course, Idle Creek can be a gem. The greens are in good shape and like everything else, I feel like I’m walking on a waterbed with how soggy and wet everything is. Be sure to bring extra socks and shoes because you will need them once you’re done here! There’s some tricky holes, some blind tee shots and approaches to the green. I love the idea. It’s a bit difficult navigating from the front 9 to the back 9, but their signs did help me get to where I needed to go. I plan on playing here again sometime soon during the afternoon hours on a dry sunny day to see if the course is still drenched with water.

Stay Away!

Bad experience all the way around! The Course is in terrible shape with either very muddy or bone dry fairways found on a majority of holes. The Staff was very rude and the bartender acted like she was too busy to serve and didn't want to be there. I make it a point to play new course every week and this was by far my worst experience to date. Look elsewhere if you want a quality experience!

Terrible Shape, Staff Even Worse

I play this course once or twice a year in outings for some of my favorite charities. It is never in good shape. Over the years the fairways generally are burnt out clay. This year it wasn't as bad but still in bad shape. Fairways where there was some grass was not mowed evenly or manicured at all really. It is a short, gimmicky layout.

What is so shocking about this place is the staff. It is almost like they are tanking on purpose. The pro is grumpy and mean, the ranger is argumentative to the point he actually picks fights/arguments, and the bartender clearly hated her job. This year the charity bought the whole course for an outing and the pro and ranger wanted to argue what groups were assigned to what holes, and actually escalated the arguments over things so simple as whether the group on hole 4B could move to hole 13 (an open hole) for the shotgun. And when I say escalated I mean the ranger followed us, lectured us, and took personal shots at some of the golfing customers. I am not exaggerating. It really is bizarre to have employees and a pro overtly just, well, mean.

I've played golf all over the world and all over Indiana.
Idle Creek is, top-to-bottom, the worst golf facility I've ever experienced. I cannot recommend anything about it and urge all my fellow golfers to stay far, far away.

This course was terrible

From the clubhouse to the 18th green, I have nothing positive to say other than the pace of play was great, because no one was there.

Never again!

Looking down the fairway from the first tee, I thought, wow! This looks like a nice course! Then I saw the first fairway, which was burned out, and the left rough, which was a thick patch of clover, and I thought, "I just paid $49 for this?" Hole layouts seemed to have been designed as a afterthought, to fit into the surrounding housing development. Could only hit driver once on the front nine. No idea where to hit it on the 7th hole. Back nine was rather boring and pedestrian, with the exception of the first par 5. Some holes were baked out, others were over-watered. Couldn't find the 12th tee! Coming off the 11th, the cart path ran right into the street. After driving around the neighborhood, I finally asked someone where the 12th was - it was about 3 blocks right of the 11th green. No sign or nothing! Restaurant/lounge wasn't open on Sunday, so no food/beverage either.

I was looking for a place to play in the Terre Haute area - this won't be it.

Commented on 04/09/2015

Well said, I was utterly lost as well finding 12. A little effort from the staff would also be nice.

Cory, Indiana
Brazil, Indiana
Marshall, Illinois
Brazil, Indiana
Marshall, Illinois
Clinton, Indiana
Clinton, Indiana
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.