Deer Valley Country Club

Year Built 2001
Fairways Blue Grass

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Saturday golf

Fun course-I practically had the course to myself. It was a hot Saturday afternoon and I only saw a few people on the course. Great course for the small price.

This course challenges you and yet is doable for a high handicap golfer. Everything is in great condition. Greens put true. Great time!

A gem

Course is exceptional. Even with the heavy rain the night before fairways drained so well I seen no standing water. The greens are the best I have ever played all year even comparing to some of the top tier courses. It is like playing on carpet. ball rolled true. Unlike some others I hardly seen any ball marks. For a Wednesday morning there were many golfers out so we played at our own pace what a awesome round that I shot my best ever of 76.

This hidden gem has many bodies of water to contend with plus many well placed sand traps that it can be difficult to score if you don’t bring your a game.

We drove 70 miles to play there and definitely will do it again.

Thank you for keeping such a beautiful golf course in such great shape!!

Great price

2nd time golfing here and have thoroughly enjoyed both times. In somewhat of an unusual setup, the clubhouse "turn" is between Holes 4 and 5. After that, you don't see the Clubhouse again until Hole 18. Prepare / plan accordingly.

Fantastic

1st time golfing this course since 2004. Course has matured VERY well. Tee boxes, fairways, and greens are all in impeccable shape. Very well maintained course! The rough is tall grass, so be prepared if your accuracy is off. Very scenic. Quite a few risk/reward holes with plenty of sand traps and elevation changes to keep your honest. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly.
This course is a must-play for golfers of any level and a true bargain. You won't find a better golf experience within the area for the price.

Great condition, great esthetic upgrades to the fairways.

Great condition, great esthetic upgrades to the fairways. Good value for a course. Bring bug spray.

Post-Outing Golf

As we pulled into the course, we met a number of cars leaving and found that a men’s multi-club scramble had just ended with 20-25 golfers. Course did not show the wear at all, with the exception of a handful of unfixed divots on the green, greens were rather soft, as I left a number of divots throughout my round. We cut our round a little too close to sundown, but otherwise it was in amazing shape and a beautiful day for 18!

Course is in great shape

Friendly staff., especially Jim. Waited out rain storm. Rain was much needed. Greens held shots and putted well.

Always enjoy this course

We had an enjoyable day playing. Green seemed a little slow. Course was in excellent shape. Only problem was a bad cart. Had to get a different one after 9 holes, but staff was very fast at bringing us a different cart and apologized several times for the inconvenience. Played on a Wednesday and course was not busy. Will play here again.

Over-watered, and under-mowed

It’s been 90 degrees roughly for the last 3-4 days, yet I couldn’t drive the cart through the fairway on the 10th because the whole fairway ranged from “casual water” to flooded. Also extreme amounts of no mow where golf balls were lost, including lost balls in ordinary rough. The “No Mow” has gone overboard and is not managed at all.

Commented on 07/09/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course conditions are extremely important to us. Please know that with the recent rain, we are working to get everything up to par and are working to recover the fairways from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Deer Valley Golf Club - Championship Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Awesome shape

Me and my father-in-law love driving here it's about an hour and a 1/2 from my house but it's always worth it

Golf now booking error

Booked my tee time two days prior to play. Drove an hour to play day of tee time and was turned away due to a previously scheduled company outing. Will not be back to deer valley. There is very little communication between golfnow and these courses. Save yourself the time and frustration and just book tee times through the course. This is my 1st of 2 poor scheduling errors that lead to me not playing day of tee time.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hello, we appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round. Your feedback about the confusion between booking online with GolfNow and playing your tee time with us is very important. We always want to make sure that our golfers are receive the best customer service when booking with us and apologize if we missed the mark. We ask that you contact GolfNow's customer service department at 1 (800) 767-3574 for further clarity on this issue. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for reviewing Deer Valley Golf Club - Championship Course. We hope to have you back again soon.

Sand traps

Leaves a lot to be desired. Given recent weather conditions they still need work. Overall a great course!

Decent course, deals available

My only complaint is the sand bunkers are more gravel than sand. Rough on the clubs.

Deer Grove, Illinois
Walnut, Illinois
Rock Falls, Illinois
Sterling, Illinois
Prophetstown, Illinois
Morrison, Illinois
Princeton, Illinois
Dixon, Illinois
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.
LAKE OZARK, MO | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Lodge of Four Seasons and 2 rounds of golf at The Cove and The Ridge at The Lodge of Four Seasons.