Gray Eagle Golf Club & Academy

Year Built 2001

Dress code No tank tops, cut-off shorts or turf shoes allowed. Shirt and shoes must be worn at all times.

Last Round I Play at Gray Eagle

Every golfer meet at other courses mention that Gray Eagle is overpriced, especially for the condition it's been in for several years. I really tried to give it a chance and played here a dozen times in the last two years. I enjoy the course layout as a good mix between fun and course management. Unfortunately, the poor course conditions, price, and staff drove me away.

I recently had the second tee time of the day as a single with another single ahead of me. There were literally 3 cars in the parking lot, but the staff insisted that I pair up with another group. I told them it was my birthday and I just wanted to play a quick round. The staff wouldn't budge saying they were fully booked and I'd just clog things up. Apparently solo golfers ahead of threesomes and foursomes slows the pace somehow? That's not how golf works.

The other players didn't show up, so I played alone and finished the full 18 holes under par in 2 hours and 15 minutes. I decided that would be the last round I play at Gray Eagle. By the way, their definition of "fully booked" is 25 cars in the parking lot (including 10 people on the range/greens) at 10:30 on a Sunday.

Commented on 10/12/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly. Thank you for visiting Gray Eagle Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Terrible experience!

I have played this course 3 times this year and I’ve enjoyed playing it every time out. This morning I woke up before my tee time to call and ask how course conditions were. I did this prior to my tee time, since we had some unexpected rain today. They told me the course was fine over the phone so I made my way out to the course to attempt to get my round in. After playing the first 5 holes the weather didn’t hold up and the course became extremely sloppy and unplayable. The course was even a little sloppy from the first tee box so I was misinformed over the phone. After waiting at hole 6 for 30 minutes of a hard downpour the course was covered in puddles. We then drove to the clubhouse to find we were 1 of 3 cars left in the parking lot since the rain chased everyone off. We went in to get a rain check, but now we have to pay for 9 holes to get the other 9 holes free (that we already paid for when we booked the 18) via the rain check. I asked the gentleman working why I would have to purchase an additional 9 to get 9 and finish my round another day? He then said I was choosing to forgo my round and that the course was still playable. The city had just issued a flash flood warning yet the course was still playable? I explained to him that the greens had puddles and the ball was plugging every time your ball landed. I also asked if I could buy 18 and get a free 9 to play 27 that day? Again he said no. He did not want to hear it and walked to help another guest. This was very poor customer service and they have a very bad policy for rain checks. Even though I really enjoy playing the course, I will unfortunately not play this course every again.

Commented on 08/27/2021

We would like to apologize for your recent experience. We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Horrible Pace of Play

Perfect conditions to play on Monday 8/2 at 10am. Starter had us all go off on #10. First nine, was okay, had to wait on some tee boxes, but this is expected, and no long waits. However, at the turn, they had other groups starting their round on #1 as we made the turn. There were 2 new foursomes that just appeared on #1 in front of us. Then we waited about 5-10 minutes on EVERY hole. This turned a 3 1/2 round into 4 hours and 50 minutes. For the $55 price tag, this is unacceptable. Someone did not do their job on this one. One good note - the half-way house brats and burgers were great!!

Commented on 08/11/2021

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Awful experience

The course was in rough condition and was not a great value for the cost. I would not have cared as much if it had not been for the extremely aggravating carts. Any time you came within 10 feet of a tee box, body of water or green the cart would shut off completely and you would have to push it outside of range to start back up. For anyone who is not fit or older, I would not come here. We were not warned of this beforehand and saw multiple groups also having to push their carts to get them started again. Overall, an absolute pain to play here.

Commented on 08/02/2021

Good Morning and Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience.

We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high quality standards we maintain.

We would like to make things right. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop, and thank you for choosing Gray Eagle Golf Club.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Potential, but . . .

Haven’t played here in a few years. Nice staff and the potential for this course is there for sure. Very scenic with diverse landscape and challenges so the layout makes it enjoyable. Nevertheless, I feel they charge too much given the poor conditions. Greens and tee boxes are in really rough shape - it even close to being decent. Many areas seem soggy or unkept. If you don’t know this course already good luck - there are several places with forks in the cart path and no signage. It would be very simple to buy a few signs to show people where to turn. Also they need to invest in waste baskets as most holes don’t have them installed. Finally, the carts have sensors to keep you on the path but there appear to be issues. For example, hole 13 is a par three and you cannot even leave the path yet the cart beeped at is the whole way while in the path. This happened elsewhere too.

Commented on 08/02/2021

Hi,

Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create an enjoyable experience so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course.

We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game.

Thank you for visiting and playing at Gray Eagle Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 07/22/2021

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Gray Eagle Golf Club.

Great course, far clubhouse

I always enjoy playing here, but the clubhouse is entirely too far from the rest of the course. Going back to refill your cooler, buy food or balls, or go to the bathroom at the turn is not a reasonable option at this course. Way too far. Always makes me want to sneak my own drinks onto the course which puts me in an uncomfortable position if i were caught. There is a small concession stand type building at the turn, but it is rarely ever open when i play. I would play here much more frequently if this weren’t an issue. Fantastic course otherwise. It is not possible to keep up the pace of play if you stop by the clubhouse at the turn. It is absolutely not an option if you are walking. I don’t know what the solution is, but it’s something that needs to be addressed for sure.

Landed here by mistake, but glad I did

My friend lives in South Indy and we live 2 hours SW, but we’re visiting family in Noblesville. I usually play there but we were wanting a good deal and it was between this Course and Pebble Brook and we texted each other that we would play there. Next thing I know I’m clicking on Grey Eagle. Since my friend hadn’t booked yet we decided to switch choices. Now I like this course better and will definitely go back.

Carmel, Indiana
Indianapolis, Indiana
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.