Gray Eagle Golf Club & Academy

Year Built 2001

Dress code No tank tops, cut-off shorts or turf shoes allowed. Shirt and shoes must be worn at all times.

Commented on 07/22/2021

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

Great course, far clubhouse

I always enjoy playing here, but the clubhouse is entirely too far from the rest of the course. Going back to refill your cooler, buy food or balls, or go to the bathroom at the turn is not a reasonable option at this course. Way too far. Always makes me want to sneak my own drinks onto the course which puts me in an uncomfortable position if i were caught. There is a small concession stand type building at the turn, but it is rarely ever open when i play. I would play here much more frequently if this weren’t an issue. Fantastic course otherwise. It is not possible to keep up the pace of play if you stop by the clubhouse at the turn. It is absolutely not an option if you are walking. I don’t know what the solution is, but it’s something that needs to be addressed for sure.

Landed here by mistake, but glad I did

My friend lives in South Indy and we live 2 hours SW, but we’re visiting family in Noblesville. I usually play there but we were wanting a good deal and it was between this Course and Pebble Brook and we texted each other that we would play there. Next thing I know I’m clicking on Grey Eagle. Since my friend hadn’t booked yet we decided to switch choices. Now I like this course better and will definitely go back.

Lots of potential but................

The course's land and scenery were great, however, the course was not in very good shape. Many tee boxes were torn up. The greens had numerous ball marks and other damage. The carts have some kind of monitoring device which shuts off the cart if you go someplace it does not want you to go, but there is no signage or any other means to tell where not to go. The course had not been mowed very recently so the rough (and even the fairways) were pretty tall. Course maintenance seems to be lacking.

Commented on 06/22/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Gray Eagle Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Decent course, very good deal

The course has potential, and even with some issues (with some tee boxes, a couple of greens), it's a good deal and the staff is great

Over priced, low quality

I've haven't played here in a few years because I remember how poor the conditions were. I used to play because of location and because of value. Nothing has changed, the course was poorly mowed, tee boxes were awful, and even though there was rain in the days prior they watered the heck out of the place. Greens had standing water, the fairways were puddle and the bunkers were ponds. How can they top $ for this course?

Commented on 06/14/2021

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Gray Eagle Golf Club.

Don’t waste your $$

I don’t typically write reviews but I feel ripped off after spending $60 to play here. Greens fees should be no more than $35 for a Saturday morning tee time given the condition of the course. Slowest greens east of the Mississippi.

Commented on 05/05/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Gray Eagle Golf Club.

Good course

I’m a 13 handicap from the white tees.10 from the senior twos. This is an excellent and challenging course. It is a very fair course. Best to keep your drives in the fairway even if you have to sacrifice some distance. Hole 4 is a par 5. Don’t get greedy on this hole, club down and take your time. Too easy to hit your ball in the woods right and left. Hole #15 can be tricky. Hit as close to the tree on the right as you can. I hit my drivers 220-240. I club down and hit a safe three wood. If you hit left you are going down a ravine into the woods. A slicers nightmare. The next hole #16 is a challenge. You have to hit your drive almost to the sand trap at the end of the fairway in order to have any chance of hitting the green on your second shot. Their is a beautiful double Sycamore tree guarding the green if your drive is short. As much as I like those Sycamores I’m praying lighting hits this one and opens up the approach to the green.

Course in fairly good shape

My wife and I enjoyed....some parts of the course facilities not in great shape....still winter or early spring condition

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see that you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Gray Eagle Golf Club.

golfer

Greens are 6-7 ft on the stimp meter. Did an early aeration a month ago on the front and it hasn't helped. Even in mid season these greens are painfully slow. The rest of the course is decent-good. I'm a senior playing whites and I'm on the second or tips on a few holes.They put all three tees in the same spot on several holes. Some bunkers are practically sandless as well.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Gray Eagle Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

It’s really too bad...

The Gray Eagle layout is not bad. There are many nice holes including two especially challenging holes, among the best in the city. And props to the guy at the halfway house who was friendly and fast.
But pace of play was slow, greens were shaggy, tees were more divots than grass and crabgrass is everywhere. One has to wonder how good this course would be if the owner just made an effort.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hello Norm and thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Gray Eagle Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Greens need to be cut !!!

The course was set up nicely and it was surprisingly wet ... but the greens were SUPER shaggy and slow. Need to be cut and rolled ASAP.

Commented on 09/02/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please know that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Gray Eagle Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Carmel, Indiana
Indianapolis, Indiana
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.