Year Built 1967
Architect Geoffrey Cornish (1967) Bill Robinson (1967)

Clubs No

Golf School Academy Yes - "Professional Golf Academy at Hawk’s Landing"

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard Accepted

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant

Windy Day

The course was in great shape. The wind tested our club selection and on a couple holes our putting. All in all enjoyed the round and played well despite the 20 gusting to 30 MPH winds.

Hawks Landing is a very nice course

Always enjoy playing at Hawks, nice layout, well maintained

Early season surprise

The course was in great condition for this early in the season. The greens were fast not very bumpy.

Out with a friends!

Today was worse than yesterday! They started on hole number #10.. the pace of play was so slow that the beverage lady was coming around the course twice before we could even off. It took three hours to finish the back nine.
We went to the first tee box and waited fifteen minutes before we could tee off. This people was so bad. they don't have no respect for the game or other people around them. One of the women had a cast on her foot and she's out there playing golf on a busy day, how crazy is that this game golf is hard enough when your healthy, how dare you show your face on a golf course on Sunday on a busy busy day. A golfer like you guys should know your place. You guys should should try playing the pot-pot instead. The pace of play is four hours not six. I will never book here ever again. This past weekend was the worse ever. This was my worse nightmare of my life. Never play here again!!!! The Ranger need to do his job. We didn't even see him all day they should give that job to the beverage lady, cause we saw her at least thirty to forty times today alone. I don't understand how those people could pay that kind of money you guys are charging to play there. I don't usually get mad about anything but today just put it above the boiling point. Six hours to finish 28 hole, come on guys. You wasted my whole weekend by booking a tee time at your course. I'm a Golfpass+ member and played all over and I never had a weekend like this!!!

Out with a friends!

We went out to have a great day at the golf course. Instead we end up playing behind a foursome that was so slow that it took us 5:23 minutes to finish our round.. our tee time was 10:00am and we didn't finish our round until 3:23 pm. The Ranger should of done a better job. You cannot have a foursome that have no respect for other golfers. The Ranger gotta make his round more often. We asked if we could play through and they just ignores us. There was nobody in front of them!!!!
IOther than that, we had a great time. Those golfers make other golfer wanna stop playing .this guys shouldn't be playing on a course like this. They should learn the golf rules, before they go out and play.
" This was really the Rangers fault"

Great venue for a tournament

This was a great course for our group's Oktoberfest today. The weather turned out to be beautiful and we had a wonderful day. Nick and his staff did an amazing job in organizing our event and stayed in constant communication. He was there to start us off on our shotgun and things could not have run smoother. The course, though short demands your attention on several holes.. but it was in great condition considering the dry weather we've had this year. The greens were some of the best we've seen in our travels. Our group stayed for refreshments after golf and both food and service were superb. Play there if you get a chance and enjoy a fun day of golf. Thanks Hawks Landing for a special day!

Good value on Tee off

The course is in great shape. Beautiful greens. Unfortunately with lack of rain this summer the ponds have dried up. The 19th hole is always nice for a snack and cocktail after your round.

family fun

I like playing this course, this is the 2nd time so far this year, and I will be back for sure before the season is over.

Fun course to play.

From tee box to green in very good condition. Really nice deck to enjoy a beverage and lite meal after. Weekend is always a slower pace.

Really?!?!?!

I understand fully we are all under the spell of Covid19!!!!!

My first time playing Hawks Landing was very disappointing. The layout is hard for us “amateurs” so why would they allow the rough throughout the entire course to be 2 to 3 inches. This is NOT the US Open! Example ... I had an awesome drive on a par 5. Nailed my approach. I get to the green and find my find 3 inches into the rough. I could barely see the ball. The driving fairways are tight on most holes. Trees everywhere. Water where you don’t expect if you are new to the course.

Pace of play was horrible. Actually had 3 groups on a par 3!! No Rangers all day.
The greens were in horrible shape. Many holes had our putts jumping and going offline.

Social distancing was not being observed on the bar deck that overlooks one of the green. Clearly 10 people were hooting and hollering all whilst sitting at the same tables. Very close

I still shot 89 with some awesome par saves.
I most likely will not return.

The course has come a long way

We play Hawks a great times a year and each time the conditions improve. Fairways and tee boxes were cut well and the greens were soft and receptive. The course plays short except for the par 3 7th that plays 260 uphill from the tips. Really ?? How many players can reach that ? Beyond that love the track. And a thumbs up for the 19th hole!!!

Incentivized Review
Connecticut Advisor

The best part of this course is the 19th hole

This is a very short course, 5944 yards from the tips, (5370 white, 4570 gold, 4015 red) but the tightness of the fairways, many water hazards, sand traps within driving distance off some of the tees and the small greens make it very challenging as did the first cut, which was at least 6-8 inches throughout the course. Most of the tee boxes were beat up and irregular. There were also a lot of old sand traps around the course that were filled in with grass making for more surprising problems. Traffic noise from the nearby interstate 84 was loud and annoying on 8 holes. There are a lot better courses nearby to play with better conditions and layout.

On the plus side, the staff was friendly and helpful in letting us bypass a women’s league that was starting just before our foursome. The 19th hole has very large, multi-level patio where bands play 4 nights and Sunday afternoon.

Nice variation of holes

Enjoyed open fairways fro most part and nice mix-very nice deck and outdoor bar for 19ths hole festivities. Easy of I-84.

Southington, Connecticut