Type Public/Municipal

Credit Cards Accepted American Express, Visa & MasterCard Welcomed

Catering, Restaurant

Locker Rooms

Thick Rough 9

Golfnow had them up as open....but closed...

Terrible terrible terrible and worst golf reservation experience i have ever had. Called the course the day before and was told the course was open for play... booked on golfnow and went to the course the next say... see that snow is still on the ground and called the course and was repeatedly told the course is open and they see a full sheet. So i waited an hour and called again and was told that they are closed. What an absolute waste of my time on christmas eve between preperations and gas/tolls to get to this course. Called the pro shop and was mocked by the guy that works there and told me if if im basically stupid and that if theres snow on the ground ti should know they are closed... what terrible customer service and i hope this gets to the proper person regarding my experience with golfnow and saxo woods golf course

Commented on 01/09/2021

LOL. I’m glad they called you stupid. They were truthful and accurate. I’ve never golfed with snow on the ground.

Commented on 12/28/2020

We are so sorry to hear that you were given incorrect information by GolfNow. We strive to make sure all communication is accurate and we regret that we fell short with your experience. We hope you will give us another chance in the future and allow us to wow you with our customer service and conditions.

Plays Once a year
Commented on 12/16/2020

Hello, csoong. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Great round

End of season but sunny day and lots of people it so pace of play very slow
Well maintained and always a fun round

Commented on 12/16/2020

Your feedback is important to us, David4845810. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Disappointed.

I booked a tee time one week in advance, when I got to the course went and paid green fee, got my receipt and promptly took it to the starter who informed me that they were running half an hour to 40 minutes behind due to frost delay. My tee time was for 1:06 pm. I informed him that I would be on the putting practice area which is steps away and to please let me know when my turn came up. He assured me that that would be fine. I practiced putting for 30 minutes and then returned to the starter who then informed me that my turn had passed. I was disappointed he had not called me as agreed and was going to pro shop for refund. He then called me back and said he would send me right out with another group, as we were waiting by the 1st tee another group came and said they would be jumping in front of us because the starter had said it was ok. I took my clubs and walked to the pro shop for a refund. I Will Not play this course again, nor recommend to anyone.

Commented on 12/16/2020

Hi, Fausto10506. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hello, cspark12. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Public courses near NYC

This course is expected to be crowded. The pace of play is too slow. However, the condition of the course shows that it has been played too much

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hi, drfcc! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Saxon Woods Golf Course!

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hello, PETER2419574. Thank you for visiting us at Saxon Woods Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

One more hazard!

The course was great, but I couldn't stay out the "leaf" hazards! I would definitely play there again (before the leaves fall).

Commented on 11/30/2020

Hi, elandry. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Great golf course

Well maintained. Staff is friendly. Fun golf course. Not too difficult, but has plenty of interesting holes.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Michael8517515. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Commented on 01/12/2021

Hi, u693931246. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Commented on 11/02/2020

Hi 1cwatts. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Slow Pace, useless ranger

I could not finish 18 holes within4hour20minutes
On a week day. Ranger did not help too much. I could not finish the 18 holes for my last 3 rounds at Saxon, either waiting for cart or allowing extra groups to cut in. Enough ...,

Commented on 11/10/2020

Hi tonych88. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Saxon Woods Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Great Value/Loads of fun

Love playing this course. Terrific condition for a heavily used public course. Great layout. Very well maintained greens.
I really enjoy all the county courses but Saxon is my favorite all-around experience.

Commented on 11/10/2020

0K9ZtzEYJAMKEfeYhkXq, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Commented on 11/02/2020

Hi golf718. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Beginner golfer and this course was great to play and presented some nice challenges. I will be back to play again

Commented on 11/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u314160899023. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Saxon Woods Golf Course thanks you!

ONE GREAT COURSE

ITHINK IT IS ONE OF THE NICEST PUBLIC COURSES I HAVE PLAYED IN A LONG TIME.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Your feedback is important to us, mikea3668a. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course.

Commented on 11/02/2020

Hi u314160151049. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (914) 231-3461 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Saxon Woods Golf Course!

Had fun the course is challenging. The greens were in great shape for this time of year. I will differently be playing this course again!

Commented on 11/10/2020

Thank you for your review, 1cwatts. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Saxon Woods Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 11/02/2020

Hi Stephane9472788. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (914) 231-3461 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Saxon Woods Golf Course!

Commented on 11/10/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, J2b0ThOA738FLHSZkJss! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Saxon Woods Golf Course!

Scarsdale, New York