A view from Highland Park Golf Course (MAN Golf Management)

Highland Park - Red

Dress code Colared shirt required

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Nice round on a warm October Day

I live very close to this course and tell myself that I should play it more often. Today I finally did.

The Red course is the easier course at Highland Park. Nothing fancy. Course was in OK shape (except for the bunkers which were awful). Greens rolled OK even though they showed signs of being punched somewhat recently. Rough was short which is fine on a course that gets lots of play by local players of all abilities.

Management has done a great job of bringing these courses back from the dead about 3-4 years ago. It would be GREAT if they could step up the course conditions a bit and fill out the Pro shop and food/drink experience. Then again, I only paid $2/beer so maybe keep that part.

Next year I will play it more. Maybe even join a weeknight league.

Great comeback

I had not played this course in at least 5 years, so I was very pleasantly surprised at what great condition the course was in. The greens were very quick and the fairways we nice. The rough was very user-friendly. I will be back. I will also put in a plug to bring our league here. The snack shop was closed during our visit.

A Comprehensive Fair Assessment of Highland

I usually play here when I have some unexpected time to play and can’t get a tee time anywhere else. Overall well kept but very subject to local weather definitely a better option than a lot of the lower tier public courses around. I can almost promise the most frustrating part of your round will be from the parking lot to the first tee. I ALWAYS expect a bit of drama from the ranger before tee off in terms of what course I am playing and whether I’m walking or in a cart. He is a nice guy but is a product of poor scheduling and management. The man loves his job though and takes it very seriously, which I respect. If you conduct yourself in a dignified manner and talk a little golf with him, he will do you the courtesy in return, he helped me get a refund when I couldn’t finish my 18 from fatigue. Course layout is long and straight with some hills and elevated greens. You wont get into much trouble if you don’t find the fairway so it’s really good for a tune up round. A low score here comes down to club selection and pure rolls on the green. Expect the normal public course gripes, pace of play can be hit or miss, people looking for ages to find their lost ball, unfixed pitch marks on greens, unfixed divots, and the occasional offline missile from another hole. All this is to no fault of the course. You may have a little frustration before you actually get to hit your first shot but once you get passed that you’re playing golf and can have some good fun here while practicing for tougher courses in the area. I usually schedule a round here during the week when I’m playing a high slope course on the weekend. My non-negotiable suggestion is to give them a call before you book on GN to ensure the tee time is actually available for the course you want to play as they get a lot of walk ups and to make sure you are getting what you pay for. (ie. if carts are actually allowed or if you are walking).

Competitive Players: If you are a long hitter and plan on playing any competitive golf with your pals or in a handicapped tournament, beware of logging your round here, it may result in a faux handicap lowering. Blue course especially has eagle opportunities. You may drive the green or hit right up on it on 4 different par 4s and may be able to get to the par 5s in 2 with (or without) the right wind, especially if you aren’t playing the tips.

Bonus Tip to Walkers: Both courses are a BEAR to walk if you don’t have a rolling bag caddy because of the hills. Pack light and Bring plenty of water and you can really enjoy the workout this course has to offer!

Great course for the money

Had a 8:20am tee time on a Sunday and felt like it was our own private course. Greens played nice rough was well kept and finished 9 holes at almost 2 hours exactly with stopping twice for rain to pass. Will definitely keep this in my rotation of courses I play on the regular.

Great value, really nice course

I played the red course front 9 while my son’s high school team was practicing on the back 9. Very casual pace, course was in great shape, and I only payed $17 with a cart! Highly recommend this course!

Course played well

Course was in pretty good condition. Pace of play was good for as busy as it was. Pro shop and concessions did not have much to offer.

Fantastic course- be prepared to play from the proper tees!

So first of all there’s some woman who left a review here talking about a sexist staff which they are not. What they are; are business men who understand pace of play. Playing from the proper tees and conceding at double par is not only a benefit for you and your dismal golf game, but also a courtesy to everyone else who actually wants to golf. Womens tees are there for a reason, same with senior tees- playing from the proper ones is not optional. They will tell you what tee to play from if you hold up the course; we watched them do it.

I love everything about this course and would love to work here as a ranger when I retire

It was a little confusing due to hole numbers not marked well. Course is wide open with few trees. No snack bar other than a hot dog broiler and a small cooler for drinks. No pro shop.

Horrible

If you hate flat ground and sexist staff you’ll love this course! Ranger was misogynistic towards the female golfers in my group. He would not leave them alone on the first hole. Dude was old and out of touch just a horrible experience. Golf is for everyone and these old men need to sit down and shut up

Better rangers

The afternoon rangers (young kids) were not doing their jobs properly. Out on the course there were young kids playing and disrepecting the course with their carts. I complained when I finished and the same kids just drove their cart onto 18 green. He then went out and told them. They need to retrain the employees or find better ones!

Is anyone running this course?

Called ahead and booked, told us it would cost $14. Showed up and the lady refused to honor what they said over the phone and charged us $25 for 9 holes. I had to wipe the seats down because of dirty they were, leaves and trash in the back of the cart. Go to the first tee box, no tee box markers. Guy said "its early in the year, how can you expect us to have the course ready". Maybe discount the price if thats the case. Club house is large, but there are just empty rooms with nothing in them. The course could be excellent, located right by the top 50 richest towns in the United States and they barely even try. I want to buy this course and fix it. Please don't waste your money here, they don't put any effort into anything. I will never give them another dime.

Highland Hills, Ohio
Bedford, Ohio
3.9920352941
Walton Hills, Ohio
Newburgh Heights, Ohio
WHEELING | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Oglebay Resort’s Wilson Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Oglebay Resort – Palmer & Jones Courses.