Pipestone Golf Course is an Arthur Hills design that has been acclaimed as the best public course in the Dayton area. The name of the course comes from blue clay soil that is buried deep in the ground. The native Indians of the area would use it for making pottery and they would call it pipestone. Nestled amongst rolling hills, the golf course offers plenty of elevation changes. The undulating greens and fairways are kept in immaculate condition but they rarely offer a flat lie. The front nine is particularly challenging with several holes that are framed with tress and crisscross over the same creek. Pipestone Golf Course's second hole is one of the toughest with a water hazards and a fairway that is severely sloped right to left.

PipeStone Golf Club

Year Built 1992
Architect Arthur Hills (1992)

Dress code Collared shirt required

Snacks, Restaurant

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Ohio (2014 #17)

Nice course, well kept

Thoroughly enjoyed our play. We were paired up with another couple and it went well. The only negative was the group in front of us played very slow and we waited on nearly every hole.

Beautiful and challenging course

Rough was higher than most comparable courses which made finding errant shots more challenging. Overall, course was in great shape, plus we got done in 3 5 hours with a 9am tee time.

Just go play

This is a fun challenging course, in great condition. The slope and rating are lower than I expected.

Nice layout
loved the undulating greens.
top of the line carts

Good

Very good course condition

The course was not very well kept. THe grass was so long that even when hitting your ball straight, you couldn't find the ball because the grass was so long. It couldn't be because of rain. Other courses in the area are not that long. Was disappointed with it being our first time there. When you would hit the ball over a hill and couldn't follow your ball, you could never find it even though you knew around about where it landed. Grass was way to high and unkept on all holes.

Keep it in the fairway

Tough round. Fairways were firm and fast. I knew the fairways were on the narrow side to begin with going in. I was looking for a challenge and I got it. What I did not expect was the super thick three and a half to four inch rough. I left at least two sleeves behind that were definitely in play. My group averaged five minutes of searching for every ball that missed the fairway. I can easily see how pace of play can get out of hand pretty quick here. Staff was great. Maybe I’ll try again if my handicap ever gets to single digits.

Good course

Good course. Little muddy here on a 60 degree day in February. Stuck a lot of balls. #18 is very tough.

Commented on 03/08/2022

Good Morning,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. At Hampton Golf, we place a premium on customer satisfaction. Receiving positive feedback like yours reinforces the investments we are proud to make in our phenomenal people and systems that we hope ensure the best possible experience for our guests. Thank you again, and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

You have to play golf

You have to be able to play golf. Hit shots to certain places in order to have an approach shot in. Quite a few blind tee shots. Fun course, it will test you.

Hampton Golf Management

Great course but need pace of play staff.

I had a 1pm tee time and showed up at Noon to hit balls and warm-up. No carts available at that time. No issue. Went into the pro shop at 12:45. Still no carts available. Finally received a cart at 1:05pm and proceeded to the first tee. The twosome I was paired with had already tee’d off and the group after my scheduled tee time was on the tee —- with carts. Drove down to my group on the green and joined them on 2 tee. 4 groups on hole 2 and it took 45 minutes to finish the hole. Unacceptable. Took 3.5 hours to play 11 holes —- had to quit as the pace of play was awful and not managed.

Nice layout and really good greens. Poor course management. Will not play again.

Commented on 05/28/2021

Good Morning,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We appreciate you pointing out the positive aspects of your experience, and appreciate even more your feedback on how we may improve. We place a premium on our staff’s attentiveness and diligence when it comes to each one of our customers and their individual experiences, for which we are solely responsible. We are hard at work attending to your grievances, and hope to receive the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Miamisburg, Ohio
Franklin, Ohio
Springboro, Ohio
Kettering, Ohio
Dayton, Ohio
WHEELING | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Oglebay Resort’s Wilson Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Oglebay Resort – Palmer & Jones Courses.
HOT SPRINGS | Experience the ultimate Buddy Golf Captains getaway at the iconic Omni Homestead Resort, September 30 - October 2.