Franklin Golf Club
Franklin Golf Course is a player-friendly, nine-hole course that is perfect for beginners. At 2,559 yards from the tips, the course plays to a par of 35. While the layout is not exactly a challenge, it does provide a quick round that is good for some practice. The bentgrass greens are well-maintained and putt true. There is no water on the course but there are a few strategically placed bunkers throughout. The hazards are nothing too serious though. The traditional layout has remained largely unchanged since opening in 1941. The golf course easily accommodates those who are new to the game but seasoned players looking for a challenging round will have to go elsewhere though the affordable rates are enough to appeal to any skill level.
|White M: 65.2/115||443||100||327||271||306||250||303||154||405||2559||5118|
|Red W: 66.4/112||405||100||298||137||299||200||264||141||400||2244||4488|
Food & BeverageSnacks, Restaurant
Since this is a 9 hole course they needed to space out the tee times much more than they did. this would allow players making the turn back to the number one hole more efficient. It was very over crowded and then the pace of play was very slow.
Interesting course that was fun. Greens were mowed high but rolled ok. Only real complaint I had was directional while on the course. No clue where to go between 4 and 5 but second time playing 4 then realized where you needed to go.
The good the bad.
TL/DR-Overview—- Great value for the money, but if you value a well groomed course or prefer higher end amenities, this isn’t for you. If you wanna play a cheap round, drink some inexpensive beer (you check in for your tee time at the bar), and have a good time, you’ll enjoy this place. Recommended based on price and how nice everyone was ($10 walking for 9). I’ll play here again if I’m in the area, but wouldn’t go out of the way for it. Read on for good and bad.
- Insanely nice people. Everyone I met, both employee and playing.
- Inexpensive. I was gonna hit some balls at the range down the street, but for .50 more I can play 9 here ($10 walking)
- Fast Pace of play. I walked and barely had to wait. I could see this being a problem if I rode, but I also played solo
- Short tees are super generous. Once you learn the course here, I could see some low scores.
- 3 sand traps and no water. You could call this bad or good, but I’m optimistic:)
- Course conditions are rough and unpredictable. “Fairways” aren’t groomed and they have no sprinklers for them, so you might catch some grass and roll or hit solid dirt and bounce long. Fairways are pretty much one cut everywhere, not well manicured cuts as you might be used to.
- Greens ARE maintained pretty well and have sprinklers. Unfortunately, it’s not consistent, so these were the most unpredictable greens I’ve ever played which can make for some frustrating puts. Some super wet and some super dry. Some super fast but most are painfully slow.
- Small course, so golf holes cross cross and run along each other. I actually ended up playing someone else’s ball playing on hole 1 while I was on 7. It’s tight.
- Confusing layout for first timers. This won’t be an issue once you play it once or twice, but for a first timer, it was puzzling. Some holes share tee box, I think it was 4 and 13 shared a box. Shoot right for 3 and left for 13, but you can’t see the hole, so I walked up to the short tee and played there just so I could figure it out.
- Hilly. If you aren’t in shape, get a cart. I’m in good shape and the hills still wore me out.
A couple greens need some work. Very relaxed pace of play. Best thing off course $8.50 for ice bag of beers!
Horrible Golf Course.
This GC was terrible. The grass was mixed with weeds an mud. Plus the Holes we're crossed an I could not find my ball with all the leaves an White Bird feathers. I will never ever play this GC again!!!
Perfect Course for Someone on a Budget
This course is a favorite of mine especially when I am trying to save money, The greens are normally decent (sometimes there are dead patches) and the holes have a good layout. There are no fairways however and make sure you watch your shot all the way through cause due to the hills and tall grass it is hard to find your shots at times. I love playing here and I recommend it to anyone looking to have fun playing for cheap.
Greens were very soft. Corse is challenging with all the hills and valleys.
A lot of fun
With all the recent rain the greens were very soft. Very challenging holes with lots of hills and valleys. Will play here again.
I’m really sorry to write this review because I really hope nothing for the best for this club. So I paid for nine holes and a cart thankfully got a discount through this app because I would have felt absolutely robbed if not. To start the cart I was given had problems felt like the motor was from a junkyard. The fairways and tee boxes were legitimately just dirt and weeds. To make it even more fun the layout is absolutely atrocious the most hills I’ve ever seen. Also couldn’t find the greens for hole 4 and 5 lol. The reason the pace of play was so good was because I was the only person out here.
Could only play four holes due to work being done on the greens but the course made it right with a free round in the future. That’s fair!! We played four holes twice and left happy.
First and Last time playing this course
They triple booked our tee time so had to wait 30 minutes to tee off. They had no carts available, which also delayed our start. Extremely rude and unprofessional staff inside the clubhouse, if you can even call it that, and over the phone. Staff answered phone “No carts, bye” and hung up. Course is in horrible shape and the layout is the worst I’ve seen. Save yourself a disappointing round and go elsewhere.
Is there a kinda recommended option ? Played here yesterday morning with a friend . Love the charm of the clubhouse. Seems like a fun place for food and drinks after a round, but rona took that option away. Good value, carts were old but I think it adds to the charm. Fairways were trimmed and greens were well cared for.
But good God this course was difficult to play it was like someone went into a tiger woods video game, selected course designer and just put hill after hill after hill after hill after hill after hill ......... there were times I felt like I was playing from a 45 degree pitch.
Honestly don’t know if I’d ever come back to play here again, but that has nothing to do with my experience or the care of the course. The course is well maintained and everyone was very friendly. But I’m a pretty casual golfer and this course just wasn’t a great fit for me.
This was my second time playing this course. Really liked this. I'm a beginner and this course is perfect to learn this sport.