Grand View Golf Club in North Braddock is one of the area's most challenging layouts. The course's 160 acres were carefully carved from a woodland hilltop. From its perch, the golf course overlooks the Mon Valley with views stretching to the Edgar Thompson facility, Western Pennsylvania's first and last major steel mill. The distinctive layout will test your creative shot-making skills. It may seem relatively short at 6,111 yards from the back tees but it feels much longer thanks to the rolling fairways and undulating greens. The tight fairways are lined with cliffs, brush, and trees, leaving little room for error. You should also be prepared for forced carries and tricky doglegs. Grand View Golf Club can be punishing for the low handicapper, but high handicappers will find this course to be a unique test of their skills.

Grand View Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Architect Ferdinand Garbin (1996)

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

Dinner 17

Definitely will be back

Got on early, staff was friendly. Pace was a little backed up but not unbearable

Had to play the front 9 twice because they were paving the cart paths on the back. Too many blind tee shots. Not really a good experience, even for a below average golfer like myself. Probably will not be back

Very challenging course built on the hill and every hole is slanted and narrow. Beautiful view of the city!,
Hopefully they can give more T times for Golfpass holders.

Course

Love the course, very challenging, but would have like the tee boxes to be nicer.

Great course for the money

Great course. Very hilly so if you like that kind of course, you’ll love this one.

It’s a fun and challenging course.

The course was in nice shape! The blind holes can be challenging. Certainly will play again!
One thought though, when the ground is saturated, maybe they could steamroll the lumps on the cart paths.

Commented on 09/25/2020

Hi RG8761265D6D259885D. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Grand View Golf Club.

Unique

Played labor day one the the first to tee off so pace of play was great, however I am sure it slowed way down as the day went on as there were many waiting to tee off when we finished at 11am. The best feature was its lay out, blind holes and greens uphill and way down hill. The cart paths are not ideal but so many around Pittsburgh aren't much better . They need to clean up the beer cans that people toss into the wooded areas throughout the course.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Hi shinz57. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Grand View Golf Club.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Grand View Golf Club.

Very enjoyable!

1- excellent- one must first come for the view. Well worth the visit even if you are not a golfer.

2- Fairways need some water.

3- Greens are in satisfactory shape

4- On occasion when I come as a single or even when playing alone I will encounter a NEWBE- one who is playing there for the first time. I will gladly join then, usually at the first tee. I try and give them tips about where to hit the ball. Some holes you have no idea where to hit or how far- Holes that one would need advice for are
2, 3, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18.

5- I don"t usually spend time talking the the employees in the building. They do their task well and I don't have any issues.

6- Dining area et al- no comment. Maybe once a year I will sit and eat lunch there.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Your feedback is important to us, u000001728379. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Grand View Golf Club.

I liked playing there. Good course with lots of elevation changes. The greens are nice but the tee boxes are probably the worst I’ve ever seen. $50 for two of us to play 18 holes was a great price though.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us AlphabetEnd. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Grand View Golf Club thanks you!

Worst shape ever

I have been playing Grandview since it opened. I have a league there and play just about every week. The course is totally burnt out. The cart paths are undrivable in the driving range is barely functional. It’s sad to see it in this condition.

Commented on 08/25/2020

Hello, u3639718. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Grand View Golf Club.

Over priced and under kept

this is a course that I play when I can't get in anywhere else. I do t particularly like playing because it's over played and poorly kept. They charge Oakmont fees for an average course. 35 should be their price point not 50. Greens look like they have seen better days and the tee boxes are nonexistent like hitting from a mud pit.
If you're going to charge premium prices keep the place looking premium.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hello u314159577385. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Zero stars if I could

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The course was in terrible condition. Greens & Fairways were dead and were riddled with a virus. The tee boxes were weeds 4” high. The driving range was garbage.

It may have been a nice course at one time, but don’t waste your time.

Commented on 08/17/2020

Hello, TyWebb330. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Grand View Golf Club.

Course is in terrible condition

This used to be my favorite course - it was very well maintained and lots of fun. I even played in a league there for a while. It has been deteriorating for quite a while, and is now simply awful! It is all brown and hard as a rock - tough to find even a blade of grass. The cart paths appear to have been bombed and make for a VERY uncomfortable and dangerous ride. I have to think that the cart path conditions are extremely hard on the carts, too. The carts that used to be clean and well-maintained (when the course was being maintained) are now quite dirty. Although I used to take people there for a unique and challenging experience, it is now embarrassing to do so. It's a shame because we know it can be much better.

Commented on 09/04/2020

Hi, kagartner. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Grand View Golf Club.

West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
Verona, Pennsylvania
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Verona, Pennsylvania
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
NIAGARA FALLS, CAN | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of two hotels and 3 rounds of golf at Legends on the Niagara Battlefield and Usher's Creek courses, and Whirlpool.