Carter Plantation

Year Built 2003
Fairways Tifsport
Greens Tifeagle
Architect David Toms (2003)

Swimming

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Louisiana (2020 #3)

Weekday Round

Loved it. Enjoyed a round with family.. Not crowded on a Tuesday.

Fantastic

I drive an hour every time to play there knowing the entire experience is unbeatable!

Great course.

Great course. Course is usually in great condition except after a storm. Didn’t know it was cart path only

Commented on 06/10/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, GeorgeD709! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Carter Plantation.

BEAUTIFUL

Heard a lot about it and it sure did not disappoint! Gorgeous and well maintained. It was a holiday so it was pretty busy but the pace was still good. Had so much fun we played 9 more holes! Can't wait to go back.

Commented on 06/08/2021

Hi, cSHpiUNBXFr1yH8RRPrz. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Carter Plantation.

Commented on 06/02/2021

Hi, kgueniot. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Carter Plantation!

Great course for the price.

I brought a friend from Boston here to play and it was obviously his first time. He was eager to get out and warm up on the driving range. We were surprised at how fast the green were. The pin placement were not at position 1 on all the holes. So the pin placement were that if you hit the ball above the whole, good luck getting it in the hole. However, even shots below the hole ended up going past the hole because the greens were so fast. Other than that, the course is in great condition.

Commented on 06/01/2021

Hello, u314160051353. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Carter Plantation. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 06/08/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, tywhite. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Carter Plantation!

Commented on 06/02/2021

Hi, u794077583. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Carter Plantation.

Commented on 06/02/2021

Hi, Bob7517441. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Carter Plantation.

Fantastic experience, except for a few groups that thought hitting up into my group was acceptable behavior.

Commented on 05/26/2021

Doublem5148, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Unfortunately, nothing we can really do about the folks hitting in to you, but thank you for being patient. Thanks for choosing Carter Plantation.

Commented on 06/02/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, DLandry2! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Carter Plantation!

Commented on 05/24/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, dionjreid! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Carter Plantation!

Commented on 05/20/2021

Hi, u314159776711. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 5-stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Carter Plantation.

First time in a long time, great conditions!

I have played this course about a dozen or so times over the past several years. Though it had been a while since I last played(3 or 4yrs). Was very pleased with just about everything; updated carts wGPS, greens in excellent shape, fairways and bunkers crisp and fluffy, etc. The staff seems very hospitable, very welcoming and friendly. Practice area hasn’t changed, and is still very nice. The practice greens are indicative of course greens which is excellent in my opinion; for gauging course speed etc. The cart girls make rounds for refreshments, also the carts are equipped with good sand for divots, GPS and score tracking. The restaurant and bar are just as good if not better than it used to be from what I recall. Something different, and maybe it’s just me not having played there in almost 4yrs; front and back nine have been reversed. Having played this course twice in the last two weeks, I actually prefer this new route. Definitely worth the money for this time of year. My only complaint if I had any, would be too many threesomes and foursomes scheduled around the same time. But of a traffic jam getting started, but they allowed us to start on time without issue. Not sure if they were online booked or walk ins, but we had paid for ours online.

Commented on 05/12/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Carter Plantation!

Commented on 05/03/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Carter Plantation!

Quick round on our travel back home

The course was in great shape. Greens rolled nicely
Fair test of golf. Rates are very reasonable.

Commented on 04/27/2021

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Carter Plantation. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Even after all the rain the entire week before the greens were perfect and the fairways were well kept!

Commented on 04/23/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Carter Plantation.

Commented on 04/14/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Carter Plantation!

Commented on 04/13/2021

Fast greens

Fast greens but in great shape. Gotta play here more to learn them better. Overall, it is a beautiful and well maintained course.

Commented on 04/05/2021

Thanks so much for the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Carter Plantation.

Hammond, Louisiana
Hammond, Louisiana
GULFPORT, MS | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at Island View Casino Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Windance Golf & Country Club.
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Gulf Shores Golf Around Package
Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores and 2 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club & Craft Farms Golf Resort (either Cypress Bend or Cotton Creek Course).
Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club
Best of Gulf Shores Golf Package
Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores and 4 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club, Craft Farms Golf Resort Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses.
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores and 3 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club & Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend or Cotton Creek Course).
GULF SHORES, AL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Staybridge Suites Gulf Shores and 4 rounds of golf at Peninsula Golf and Racquet Club & Craft Farms Golf Resort (Cypress Bend & Cotton Creek Courses).