A view from a fairway at Blue Heron Golf Course

Blue Heron Golf Course, formerly known as Carnation Golf Course, first opened in 1967 but underwent a major renovation, in addition to the name change, after it was bought in 2011. Located in the Snoqualmie Valley, the course would occasionally be overrun by the Snoqualmie River but thanks to improved drainage and irrigation features added in the renovation, the course is able to drain remarkably fast. At just a few yards shy of 6,000 yards, Blue Heron G.C. is on the shorter side but that is no indication of its level of difficulty. Golfers will face a variety of challenges including an abundance of bunkers strategically placed throughout. One of the toughest holes is the par-5 17th, which is a blind tee shot where a long iron might come in more handy than a driver.

The Blue Heron Golf Course

Year Built 1966
Architect Bob Tachell

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #7)

Dinner 19
Thick Rough 13

Ask refunds

The course was closed ,but I didn't get my refund why?

Confused with Golfnow.com hot deal

The staff told us that Golfnow.com hot deal is not included the carts. He would honor the cart on Oct. 27 but it would be good for walking for next time even though Golfnow.com website shows carts are included.

I hope they resolve this issue with Golfnow.com to make it clear for the customers.

It is very good course for beginners.

Commented on 11/05/2022

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Blue Heron Golf Course!

We are very confused with this course. The staff told us the hot deal from Golfnow.com is without cart.
I suggest the course make decision with Golfnow on hot deals, either increase the price or show no cart at Golfnow.com website. If the price is without the cart then we are not plan to go Carnation golf course too often because there are many course we can walk with much better condition.

Commented on 11/05/2022

Hello. Thank you for visiting us at Blue Heron Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Had a good time here

This is not a championship level course, and should not be rated as such. My rating is based upon having reasonable expectations and based upon getting a very reasonable price for my round. It is scenic and peaceful. The pace of play was quick which I loved. Greens were in decent shape. Overall excellent value in my opinion.

Commented on 10/25/2022

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Blue Heron Golf Course.

Commented on 10/19/2022

Hello. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at The Blue Heron Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 10/24/2022

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Blue Heron Golf Course.

Commented on 10/07/2022

Hello, u6956547. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing The Blue Heron Golf Course.

Terrible course

They closed the back 9 for maintenance. The greens on front 9 were punched and unplayable. It was a terrible experience.

Commented on 10/06/2022

Hi pt168, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better in the future.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us another chance.

Commented on 09/23/2022

Hello and thank you for your rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Heron Golf Course!

Hardpan fairways

Love this course and the staff, restaurant/bar, but those fairways, especially the back 9. Are as hard as rocks. The ball goes further when it stays on the fairway. When the ball runs down the fairway then kicks left you lose a ball and penalty stroke. I don’t think you can do anything about it now. We will go into the rainy season in October. The greens for the most part are in great condition. I may wait till Oct before I play there again

Commented on 09/21/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, johnredman1. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Blue Heron Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Blue Heron GC

I like golfing here. Great pace of play. I used golf now and that made it totally worth it for $25. Tee boxes grass uncut, especially if you want to play from the blues. The food is outstanding and everyone is nice. Leaves starting to fall so can be hard to find your ball because most of the fairways could use some water and raking but the greens aren’t bad. The surrounding area around the greens could use some love. Great scenery, not many bugs anymore and worth it if there is a special going on Golf Now. Easy to walk. Not sure I would do the full price right now but did this summer and it was always worth it. If you like a cheeseburger 🍔 grab one.

Commented on 09/14/2022

Commented on 09/14/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Blue Heron Golf Course!

Commented on 09/17/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Blue Heron Golf Course!

Commented on 09/12/2022

Hello. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Blue Heron Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Fairways

The fairways need grass and aeration.. Especially back 9. The greens were ok but hitting off of hardpack dirt was rough.

Commented on 09/06/2022

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Blue Heron Golf Course.

Commented on 09/01/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Blue Heron Golf Course!

Great track for the price!

Greens were true and reasonably quick but well kept. The fairways are incredibly dangerous. Short track and hard fairways meant a 3 wood running and bouncing through the doglegs a couple times(260+ yards, normally fly a 3 wood about 200-220)bounce and roll in full effect this time of year(summer). Other than that little challenge, this was a great value and a fun course for all levels. I had to back off and hit 4 or 5 irons off the 300 or so yard par 4's so as to not blow past corners and into the woods. I highly recomend this course if you can play while its still dry. I suspect it's pretty wet Oct-May.......

Commented on 09/01/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Blue Heron Golf Course!

Greens are in super shape

The greens are in super shape, but the fairways are dried up, hard pan here and there. If you do not hit it square down the middle. It will run off into the bushes because of the dry hard fairways

Commented on 08/28/2022

Thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Blue Heron Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 09/07/2022

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Blue Heron Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Sammamish, Washington
Snoqualmie, Washington
Bellevue, Washington
Snoqualmie, Washington
BREWSTER, WA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Inn at Gamble Sands and 3 rounds of golf at Gamble Sands - Sands Course and the new QuickSands Short Course.