1.5

Pine Rivers Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.com.au

Year Built N/A
Greens Tift Dwarf

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Bar

Clubhouse, Locker Rooms

Relaxed pace, no rude golfers, upgrades to course underway.

I am new to golf and have played only a few times. I have found some golfers at other courses to be rude, arrogant and bullying despite my standing aside and letting the majority of them play through. On the other hand I found Pine Rivers to be relaxed and enjoyable despite having 2 large social groups playing on the day that we went. I think the attitude of the golfers probably reflect the attitude of the course. There is quite a bit of maintenance underway so there are some minor disruptions to the course but that just adds to the challenge of the course and I think this incovenience is reflected in the price. I am happy to recommend this course to my friends and family. I see a previous review complained about the course being awful. with horrible, uneven tee boxes that hardly had any grass on them with most of the fairways in disrepair with most shots played from the fairway being on hard dirt. I can only say that this was not my experience however my limited experience may mean that I am less critical off the course because my expectations are under-developed.
All in all, I was pleased with my experience both with the course and the staff as well as the friendly disposition of other golfers on the course and so I will be back there again.

Disappointed

I’ve driven past Pine Rivers many times in the past and had always thought it looked nice. My father in law and I play regularly and have played most of the courses on the north side of Brisbane. As he lives close by, we thought we’d tick it off our list.

Unfortunately the course did not live up to expectations. With the exception of the greens, which were nice, fast and in relatively ok shape, the rest of the course was awful. Horrible, uneven tee boxes that hardly had any grass on them and most of the fairways had fallen into disrepair. Most shots played from the fairway, were off hard dirt. This course needs a ton of work to get it to a place that would make it remotely worth playing again.

The highlight of day was the nice lady in the snack bar.

Lawnton, Queensland