Style Executive

Located in the city of Arvada, Stoney Creek Golf Course is an affordable and quick golfing option outside of Denver. Tim Root designed the public course, which features nine holes.

Stoney Creek Golf Course - Colorado

Year Built 1998

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard, Discover Accepted
Dress code Shirt and shoes required

Despite the time of year and weather, it’s a good course

– Definitely a good course if you want a quick 9... not a par 3 course, but can be played like one. Only 2 holes are driveable, but the rest are good to work on mid-short game for sure.

– Greens aren’t the best, but the get the job.

– the staff is great! But sometimes the course etiquette from the guests could be better. Been there before and the greens had bad divots, guests could fix those with a divot tool or tee peg.

– my suggestion to the course themselves. Come spring time, get tee box markers and rotate them around the tee boxes. That way the whole tee box isn’t one big divot graveyard. Section it off and allow the areas to grow. Plus moving it around forces the golfers to not pick their favorite shot, challenge them.

Great beginners course

Fun course, it has a couple 4's and a good mix of 3's. Some hazards if you are a hacker, and this course is probably mostly geared towards that. I love it and its got a great mountain view. No pretension.

Good irons course

This is a good irons course, with 2 holes for your 1,3, or 5 wood. Staff is very friendly, pace of play is usually good. Course conditions are usually good. Mostly, it’s fun to play and enjoyable.

I love this place!

I played this course all summer. It is great when you only have an hour and a half. It is an executive course which means that it is a par 3 with a few par4's thrown in. What I like is that some of the par 3 holes are longer than your typical par 3's.

The staff is the friendliest you can find anywhere, and they even have a punch card.

the fact that you did not say it was an executive course was inexusable

the course was in ok shape but the fact that it is a par 3 course would have made it where i never would have booked it, shame on golf now.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 10/08/2020

Hello, Dave. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round with us. Your feedback about confusion during the booking process is extremely important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are clear about their purchase before checking out. We ask that you contact our team in the pro shop for further clarity in this matter. Thank you for playing Stoney Creek Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Great golf for the price

I live minutes away and what a great place to get in a quick 9 holes after work. Friendly staff ,course is in good condition, never a concern about the pace of golf. Great country setting and just an overall nice place to play golf.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Good pace

I was happy to play 9 holes in an hour with minimal waiting. Mulligans and lost balls by those ahead required patience.

Commented on 09/24/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Stoney Creek Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Rules of sport etiquette ignored repeatedly

It should not take 2 hours to play 9 holes. When a player ahead of me takes 2-4 tee shots every round, it slows play. Finally at the 8th hole as I was walking to the green on 7 I asked how many balls he was going to shoot on this hole. He had already shot 2.

This was not my first time playing here, and this poor etiquette for the game occurs too frequently on my visits.. If I were a better player, I would play elsewhere. Rules are meant for everyone, not just some.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Stoney Creek Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Ok so you ask for specific feedback: Greens were not good. Possibly recently aerated, bare spots and sand. Fairways have not been maintained; dry, hard & bare spots. Seemed more like "rustic" par 3 (6 of 9 holes). Pace of play horrible and no course marshal to keep it moving. The one good thing is the scenic backdrop of the Colorado Rockies!

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Stoney Creek Golf Course.

Great golf course for beginners

This is an easy course that is wonderful to play. As a beginner golfer, it was very welcoming! The staff is amazing, the facilities and scenery are beautiful! I am eager to go back!

Great Value

Went here with a friend after work and had an absolute blast playing this 9. The course layout is fun but still challenging, greens are fast and true, and the pace of play is fast enough you could be done in under 2 hours. I Especially loved the long number 8 hole. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone looking to play a true 9 and work on their game without breaking the bank.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Stoney Creek Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Slow

I like playing this course for what it’s worth (although feel like it could be cheaper) but pace is a extremely slow. Over 2 hours to play 9 with a late evening tee time. 2 groups of 5-9 ahead creating a big backup. Seems like tee times are too close to together

So much fun

I went in not having any expectations but I left with a big fat smile on my face. The course plays quick but it is still challenging with enough hazards to keep you sharp. You can tell there is a lot of love that goes into this course and everyone playing looked to be having a great time. The course was in overall good condition and the greens exceeded my expectations (except hole #3 which was a bit bare). For a great waking 18 (play 9 twice) I would highly recommend over and over. Playtime 2hr 20mins for 18 par 30.

Westminster, Colorado