Aston Oaks Golf Club in North Bend, Ohio, Usa | GolfPass

Aston Oaks Golf Club is perched atop rolling hills that overlook the Ohio River Valley. The Jack Nicklaus Design Group created the course, which sits on the former land of President William Henry Harrison. Although his presidency was short lived, traces of his legacy in Ohio can be seen throughout the golf course. Each hole was carefully carved from stands of mature white oak, hickory, and other native hardwoods. The course is tight and demanding with fast greens and plenty of elevation changes. The abundance of trees really characterizes the course. Between the 10th tee and the 11th green, there is a giant Buckeye tree that is the largest in the state. With all of the trees lining the fairways there was hardly a need to add bunkers, but there are some incorporated along the greensides that help to define some holes.

Aston Oaks Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Golf Season Year Round
Architect Nicklaus (1999) Thomas Pearson (1999)

Dress code Collared shirt required

Snacks, Restaurant

Dinner 6
Family Dining 6

Commented on 08/08/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314162058053! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Aston Oaks Golf Club!

Commented on 08/08/2022

Hi, roger4606206. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Aston Oaks Golf Club.

Lovely course in a challenge

The course is challenging lovely and definitely worth a trip

Commented on 07/26/2022

Hello, rickstalnaker. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Aston Oaks Golf Club!

Commented on 07/26/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u2080690559. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Aston Oaks Golf Club!

You’ll love this course

Great course, fairways in great shape, greens good shape, but too many pitch marks. Fair layout for every tee. 90° rule should have been in effect for entire course. Cart Path Only wasn’t necessary for my round. Makes for very slow play when hitting away from the cart path. I saw one water fountain “in progress” on #11 but the course needs water stations every 4 or 5 holes. It was brutally hot and no place to refresh. Other than that, an excellent layout.

Commented on 07/26/2022

Hello, u314162279809. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Aston Oaks Golf Club. Please visit us again soon!

Commented on 07/19/2022

Hi, u334719679. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Aston Oaks Golf Club.

The view is out of this world

The course has amazing sites, along with friendly staff

Commented on 07/19/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u9187465! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Aston Oaks Golf Club!

Very Poorly Designed

The only reason that Aston Oaks stays afloat is because of its "Nickaus Signature" design credit - but if I was an architect, I wouldn't want this course credited to my name. The playing corridors are very narrow on many holes, and there's little forgiveness if you don't find the short grass. It's just a really tough course, and some holes and shots are downright unfair - the tee shot on 18 in particular is an abomination, as you're basically stuck behind a tree and told to hit a 40-yard hook, avoiding trees on the right, a creek on the left and you still have to hit it 250 to reach the fairway.

There's also a number of long cart rides between holes - this course will *never* be walkable. The staff didn't seem to care about leaving a good impression either. Conditioning was acceptable, but nothing to rave over. Overall, your money is best spent elsewhere - unless you want to lose an entire box of golf balls in 9 holes, as one of my playing partners did.

Commented on 07/19/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Jberanek! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Aston Oaks Golf Club!

Commented on 07/19/2022

Hi, Opjben. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Aston Oaks Golf Club!

Good Course

Nice carts and putting area. Staff super friendly. Some holes feel squeezed into layout. Price is fair. I will play again.

Commented on 07/19/2022

Hi, jeffp45002. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Aston Oaks Golf Club.

Always enjoy Aston Oaks

Various set of tees make it enjoyable for all. Being 72cyears old I have lost a lot of distance in the last few years but the shorter tee set ups help make it more enjoyable. The course is in great shape and the layout allows you to enjoy the wildlife. I have seen deer several times over the years and yesterday got to see a male turkey strutting his stuff. There is also a nice view of the Ohio River on one hole.

Pretty Nice

Some of the fairways were a little rough but overall very good course. Would play again.

Great Course on the West Side

Really fun Jack Nicklaus designed course. Clubhouse is nice and GPS on carts. They have the longest drive I've experienced between two holes and the hole you drive to is probably the best on the course.

Commented on 04/21/2022

Hello, NatiFish. Thank you for visiting us at Aston Oaks Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

SMM

Disappointed with the conditions of the course as well as pace of play.

Commented on 04/21/2022

Hello, smoertle. Thank you for reviewing the course. We are sorry to hear you were not pleased with the pace of play or course conditions during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time along with keeping our course in pristine condition. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

I wish there was a way to fix it

Aston has a great layout. For early spring the course was in good condition. The staff is very accommodating. Pace of play has been atrocious the last three times I've played. This past weekend was 5 1/2 hours. Group in front of us had no business being on the course. It's one thing to be a bad golfer it's another thing to have no understanding of golf etiquette or pace of play. This group would stand on the tee boxes and have a conversation about who was going to hit first. Then in the fairways the entire group would drive to one ball and then the next person's ball, and so on. Then they stand around on the green discussing the 10 they just carded. Again, short of kicking them off the course I dont know what you do, because the ranger talked to them at least 5 times during the round. If this was the first time I would probably just brush it off, but third time in a row for a 5 hour plus round is ridiculous.

Commented on 04/08/2022

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Majestic Golf Course

Truly a course designed to give you the best of golf. From the challenging tees to the true rolling greens, Ashton Oaks provided a balanced challenge with gorgeous views. The practice facilities are great, and the clubhouse and golf carts are top notch. I will definitely grab the fellas for a round and drinks soon.

Commented on 07/19/2022

Hi, jnofinnb. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Aston Oaks Golf Club.

$40 on the app. Can’t beat it for the money. First time playing here. Some of the greens could have been kept nicer but that falls on the players. They were also very fast on the front 9. Layout was challenging but nothing crazy. Great elevation as well. Will definitely keep this course as a go to on the west side of cincy.

Commented on 07/19/2022

Hello, u852732542. Thank you for visiting us at Aston Oaks Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Hebron, Kentucky
Miamitown, Ohio
Cleves, Ohio
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
WHEELING | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Oglebay Resort’s Wilson Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Oglebay Resort – Palmer & Jones Courses.