2.2

Fox Hopyard Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Architect Roger Rulewich (2001)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Major credit cards are accepted.
Dress code Not permitted: silk screened tee shirts, shirts without sleeves for men, tank tops, tennis lengthed shorts, gym shorts, cut offs, blue jeans and inappropriate footwear.

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Connecticut (2019 #10) (2018 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Golfers' Choice (2018 #24)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New England (2016 #25)

Commented on 11/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, midreamin! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Fox Hopyard Golf Club!

Commented on 11/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, granteckhardt! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Fox Hopyard Golf Club!

fast greens

The greens were very fast. Rough grass was tall. Easy to lose golf balls

Commented on 11/12/2020

Hello, RG87A92EC076DE690482. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Fox Hopyard Golf Club!

The re-birth of Fox Hop???

Fox Hop has been my favorite course in Ct. for 20 years, and I have played MANY Of them.
This year they suffered greatly due to course design issues that finally emerged after many years...... most notably drainage related.
The weather also played a role, as did a power outage of significant length.
Bottom line---- the course was horrendous for many, many weeks as they had to tackle endless issues and
start trying to rectify numerous large-scale problems.
That being said.....I just had to see the progress for myself so I went there to play recently and while it currently isn't by any means the Fox Hop of old, they are headed back in the right direction.
Go there in 2021!

Commented on 11/12/2020

Hello, u00000595238. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your recent round. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Fox Hopyard Golf Club!

great place to play

Have played here before. Always in great shape, staff very friendly and welcoming

Commented on 11/11/2020

Hello, sgtsatan. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your round. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Fox Hopyard Golf Club!

Beautiful course, scenic, impressive!!

The course is impressive! The two days I played the greens were not good. Second day in a row was much better. They must have mowed or rolled them but still not good enough for the level of the course. They we’re bumpy, some still recovering from repair or aeration, inconsistent, too bad. Still the place is beautiful, just beautiful!! You stand on a tee box and say WOW.

Commented on 11/13/2020

Hi, timothyduntz! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Great layout

Before arriving we heard of the problem with irradiation problem they had, although some
Of green were tough to put on the course was in good shape, the layout was great, we will definitely be back again

Commented on 10/26/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Fox Hopyard Golf Club!

A must play course

If you live in CT or nearby and have an opportunity to play here don’t pass it up. This course is absolutely gorgeous and the conditions were immaculate.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Hello, kjhop. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Fox Hopyard Golf Club!

One of the best courses in Connecticut

I played this course countless times this year and could not enjoy it anymore. Phenomenal track, great layout and always in top condition. Top quality staff and need to give John over there a shout out for being awesome. If you get the opportunity to play this course, I highly recommend it.

Greens where very bumpy it rained early in morning so greens had nothing done to them. Some pins ;looked liked they had been in same location for some time. Very nice course but greens today where below average. I would not hesitate to play course again though!

Commented on 10/21/2020

Hi, sjackson63! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Great course!!!

Play if you have the opportunity! Our lunch was sub-par, (we only had sandwiches and the bread was quite burnt) but i would give a 2nd chance and the staff and course were great!

Commented on 10/20/2020

Nancy68, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Fox Hopyard Golf Club.

Great layout but lousy conditions

First time playing course. Checked in at Pro Shop and was told 4 greens were temporary and given a $25 voucher that was good til July 2021 ( and a few more should have been temporary because they were in rough shape. ) I drove 90 minutes to meet my son for a round a golf ( he drove 45 min ). Love the layout but conditions were lousy. Wish they had told me when I made my reservation over the phone. I would recommend this course but not in these conditions

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hi, Jameskeating07! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Absolutely terrible conditions right now.

I really like the layout of this course and I try to play there every year when I get a chance. Unfortunately the rough weather of the Northeast this year has really really made an impact on the conditions of this course. They had completely re-turfed a few of the aprons around the greens and you can see they were trying to make an effort there. However many of the greens had patches where it was not just burnt out, but it was actual dirt spots on the greens. There was a few temporary greens set up in front of the real greens where they were returfing the entire greens as well. I hate to be the guy who writes a terrible review about a course, but I also feel that fellow golfers should hear the truth. I would wait until next year before I play here again. They did give us a $25 off voucher for our next visit, so I have to give them credit for that.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello, DavidBava. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We have projects underway to recover the tee boxes, fairways, greens, and sandtraps. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Fox Hopyard Golf Club.

Magnificent Golf Course

First time playing this course. The layout is absolutely magnificent. The course is undergoing some renovations and staff provided a $25 credit because of this. Aside from the inconvenience of the renovations , this is a top notch facility. Also loved the carts with luxury bucket seats.

Commented on 09/17/2020

Hi Tlynch. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Fox Hopyard Golf Club.

Disappointed

This was my first time playing this course and I had high expectations based on the course's' reputation, While the course design/layout was excellent, the course condition was not. The greens and tee boxes were in really sad shape with four holes having temporary greens and no mention of this fact was made at check-in time. My low rating of the "pace of play" was based on the fact that two groups were allowed to cut-in on the 10th hole. I played the course for free using an old Golfnow monthly reward, but I would have been really disappointed if I payed full price. My advice would be to avoid this course until next year.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello, u549672748. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Fox Hopyard Golf Club.

Burnt out

Played last year with my Son and it was outstanding. Layout, conditions, staff friendliness....all top notch. Played with my son and 2 of my friends a few weeks ago and it was horrible. Temp greens burned out fairways. Did not fair well in the New England summer. I’m sure we’ll be back to give it another go. Would have been nice to get the $25 vouchers that other reviewers are talking about.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hi, ctgolfer5! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Was either my favorite or second favorite course in CT.

Aerated greens would look like Augusta next to these. Can't believe there wasn't a disclaimer on the conditions. They actually used a sod cutter to take away much of the green on the first several holes. They basically created 5-6 foot halos on the edges of the greens with no grass and only dirt. Several other parts of the greens had died and turned black. Several tees had some type of issue also. As if they were never in the sun and the grass couldn't grow. I was really looking forward to playing after years away, and it was such a disappointment.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi, fangmeky. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Fox Hopyard Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Gross greens, absent staff

When you see this $100 hotdeal, don't expect a $100 course. Range had free balls, but greens were attacked by fungus making a large part of the course in poor condition. Fairways were navigable by creating better lies but greens were generally unacceptable. Staff was indifferent to pace of play and tee times. When I went to the tee box where I expected two other players there was no one, but by the second hole pace of play was so slow that we waited on nearly every hole over the 18 with no intervention by passing staff. I wasn't really sure what to make of this experience, slightly miffed, but enjoyed the layout, but not worth as much as the advertised price.

Commented on 09/16/2020

Hi, Raprack73. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Fox Hopyard Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hi donnamoss1. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Fox Hopyard Golf Club.

Deep River Center, Connecticut