Hard Rock Golf Club Riviera Maya in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico | GolfPass

The Hard Rock Golf Club Riviera Maya (formerly known as The Golf Club at Playacar) offers the perfect combination of natural beauty and the work of man. This magnificient golf course, carved out of the dense Mayan Jungle is only a few hundred yards away from the crystal-clear, turquoise ocean and the fine white sands of the Mexican Caribbean Sea.

The intelligent architectural design of the golf course has converted Playa del Carmen into one of the most popular tourism destinations in all of Mexico.

Hard Rock Golf Club Riviera Maya

Year Built 1994
Architect Robert von Hagge (1994) Jeffery D. Blume (1994)

Dress code Collar shirt with sleeves. Formal bermudas or trousers. Tennis or running shoes, golf shoes with soft spikes or golf sandals. No beach shorts nor bathing suits. No blue jeans. No T-shirts.

Clubhouse, Spa, Showers, Locker Rooms

Fitness, Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Mexico (2021 #20)

BS fees

They made me pay $35 for my daughter to ride in the golf cart. And made me buy her a $75 collar shirt (cheapest they had) for her to ride with me in the cart. She didn’t play golf she was just riding. She was wearing shorts and a light long sleeve shirt.

There was only 3 other groups on the course that I saw. Tee time was 7:30am. Ridiculous that it cost me $105 for my daughter to ride with me.

Had to wait on a few holes because sprinklers were going off across the fairways during my round.

Great Place To Play

The staff greeted me courteously, directed me to where I needed to go. The starter was professional. The course was in good condition. Weather was hot and humid (End of July). The only complaint was that there were many rocks in the bunkers. Other than that...perfect. The on-course drink service was great. Food and drinks after the round could not have been better. This was the best course I have ever been on. Great experience.

Good enough for a resort experience

Went to Cancun (Playa del Carmen) with family, and we decided to try to play golf. We were staying at one of the RIU properties in Playacar, so the Hard Rock course was extremely convenient, just a 10 minute walk.
The rack rate ($250) is ridiculous for this course, but the golfnow Hot Deal rate was just right. $50 for rental clubs is pretty steep, especially for the beat up Cobras we got. Big bonus was drinks and snacks/sandwiches are included. We definitely got our money's worth on that part LOL.
The course itself is fine, pretty well maintained. Lots of doglegs, and lack of map on scorecards made it difficult to know where to aim. Some of the holes have layout maps, but badly faded. Luckily my phone app had the course, so we managed.
Overall, if I were to go to Playa Carmen again, I would play, if I can get a good rate. Would very seriously consider taking my own clubs, though.

Consistent Experience

Staff is always pleasant and helpful. Course is maintained well. Management sometimes overlooks tee times, but normally a good pace of play

Nice Course / Great Value

This is a tough course from the blues. Heavily bunkered and water-protected. Given we played mid-summer the course was in really good shape. With food and drinks included and compared to other course fees, you can't beat it.

Mexican golf

Mexican golf Check in time I played the hard rock course course is very challenging the price of the green fee reasonable with card refreshment lunch had a great time stay in at playacar riviera Maye

Tough course - but worth it!

Awesome staff, well worth the $$, much better service, golf play and atmosphere than Gran Coyote. Play here, skip Coyote.

Very nice golf but quite pricey

I get a deal at 86USD (100USD with all fees) with GolfNow app instead of current 130USD (+some fees I guess). Even at that price it is quite pricey. I could play comparable course at home for around 45-50 USD, cart included. It was also off season price. Granted I got unlimited alcool and food and access to the hard rock hotel installations but I would rather just want to have a course plus cart fee around 45 USD because I am already in a all inclusive hotel. The course was very nice, well maintained and I enjoyed played there. Played from 10:30 and was almost alone all day. I only see another player. I let him pass because he was a better player than me and played faster. Lots of birds, animals and lizards. I got few intense rains pours, I just waited the rain to stop. The staff keep coming to me every 2-3 hole to offer me some beverages and food. I really enjoyed my game of golf. Sad it is that expensive, I would have come more than once if it was more affordable.

Great Course!

We had an absolute wonderful time golfing here. Just make sure you get to the clubhouse before 4 PM because they close the kitchen.

Hard Rock Playa del Carmen

Property is dated …. $175 usd each for me and my cousin …. Locals only pay $29 usd …. Water hazards throughout are murky green with a putrid odor …. Pro Shop & Grill are nice enough …. We quit after 9 holes, I honestly would like my money returned or credited ….

Don’t be fooled by the all Inclusive

The conditions were average but the additional all included freebies were not worth the extra $$. The staff in the club house were less than helpful. Our tee time included round trip transportation to our hotel however it was not included when we went to book our ride home. The food on the course looked like it was made by a third grader … the best part was the free beer, but I’m not sure that’s worth the extra 100 you pay

Birthday surprise

Didn’t expect to play golf this holiday, but got a great surprise
Pros
Course was great
Wildlife was great
Staff were great
On-site food and drinks great

Negatives
Club hire doesn’t come with any balls

Should have clubs to suit handicap ie option of steel shaft instead of just carbon shaft

Only 12 clubs instead of 14

Overall though had a great day
Tip
If you’re planning on taking the Missus make sure she’s wearing collars or expect to pay $100 for shirt

Bring a golf glove and balls with you or pay a further $150

Booking thru GolfNow better that tour packages

I got a better price booking through GolfNow than I could get through my hotel or through any tour package offer. Everything went smoothly with no hiccups.

Great course….all-inclusive, I will go back. Only little head scratcher is they allow non golfers to walk the course. Just about hit 2 guys walking dogs.

Out of time

Can’t understand there selling a 18 holes round at 13:30 tee off time and when you arrive at the clubhouse there telling you the golf course closing time is 16:30. If you’re able to play 18 holes in 3 hours, good luck! !!!

Canada Golfer

Course is a nice layout, pretty nice shape. Lots of water, lots of sand and small greens

Cozumel, Quintana Roo
Puerto Aventura, Quintana Roo
Akumal, Tulum
CANCUN/RIVIERA MAYA, MX | Enjoy 7 nights' accommodations at Grand Velas Riviera and 5 rounds of golf at Gran Coyote, Riviera Cancun, Iberostar Playa Paraiso, and El Camaleon Mayakoba.
CANCUN/RIVIERA MAYA, MX | An all-inclusive package at Fairmont Mayakoba including up to a 7 nights' stay and up to 5 rounds of golf at El Camaleon Mayakoba, Gran Coyote, Iberostar Playa Paraiso and Riviera Cancun.
CANCUN/RIVIERA MAYA, MX | Enjoy 7 nights' accommodations at Andaz Mayakoba Resort and 5 rounds of golf at El Camaleon Mayakoba, Gran Coyote, Iberostar Playa Paraiso, Riviera Cancun.
CANCUN/RIVIERA MAYA, MX | This all-inclusive stay & play package to The Grand at Moon Palace includes options to stay up to 7 nights', play unlimited golf at Riviera Cancun and Moon Palace golf courses, and more.
CANCUN/RIVIERA MAYA, MX | Enjoy up to 7 nights' at Hilton Cancun La Isla and up to 5 rounds of golf at Puerto Cancun, Riviera Cancun, Playa Paraiso and El Camaleon Mayakoba.