Type Municipal
Foxford Hills Golf Club

Year Built 2002
Architect Tim Nugent (2003)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, Master Card, Discover and American Express

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Terrible Greens

I Know its April but if you're going to charge $70 in a weds in April you better have some quality greens. They were pock marked and choppy as fukk today. Very disappointing. We drive an hour to play here and in past have been tip top.

Commented on 04/12/2021

Hi, RicFlair1. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Foxford Hills Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

A countryside getaway

Not a country club style course. It is more geared towards the rustic nature golf player. There was no gps on the cart but the course itself provided challenges and enough birdie opportunities for the long hitter to make the time worthwhile. I would definitely recommend and cannot wait to play again next year.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us, u314160433035. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Foxford Hills Golf Club thanks you!

A park district course that is completely out of their minds pricing wise

I understand that rates can be high if you are looking to golf 18 holes on a Saturday or Sunday. But $80 for a public park district owned course is absurd. On top of the “prime time” rates if you want to golf on a weekday the pricing is set at $64. How is it possible that traditionally high end courses on the area such as Turnberry golf club are priced at almost half the price on a weekday? I have been golfing at Foxford almost my entire life up until this past year as this average course is charging even residents at high rate. Go to any other public course of a similar maintenance Level and layout within a 10 mile radius and it will be a fraction of the price. A direct quote from the park district website “resort style golf at a fraction of the price”. I as well as many people I know in the area we’re loyal to this course for years because of the reasonable price for an average course but in the past year has gotten completely out of hand. An overbooked and over priced course.

Amazing course but pace was unacceptable

The course itself is a must play. Definitely top five I've played in Chicago. Well kept, challenging, and lots of fun shots. Gorgeous scenery.

The pace, however, was awful. We we had multiple groups waiting on the tee box after two holes. Waiting several minutes to hit every shot is a great way to kill the fun of a great course, so I'm hoping this isn't the norm here. I'd still recommend this to anyone, and will definitely give it another try.

Commented on 10/14/2020

Hi u922174160. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Foxford Hills Golf Club.

Awesome course!

Very well maintained course and the staff is super friendly. I highly recommend it

Commented on 09/25/2020

Thank you for your review, u545793026. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Foxford Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/15/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u087154609! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Foxford Hills Golf Club!

First time but won’t be last

Beautiful course, tough but fair. It’s a bit beat up, from recent rain and heavy play, but not bad at all. Pace likely will always be a little slow because the course will punish bad shots, especially for those not familiar with it. Rangers and beverage cart were around regularly but not bothersome. Got a great deal from teeoff.com and will look for opportunities to play again.

Commented on 09/10/2020

Your feedback is important to us, u243852943. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Foxford Hills Golf Club.

Pace of play was HORRIBLE tee time was 10:58 and we finished at 3:54 after explaining to the proshop his response was Well it's Sunday!
Course management is supposed to keep pace of play don't post signs if you can't enforce the rules.

Greens were soft which is definitely better than hard, and course was otherwise in great condition.

Commented on 09/02/2020

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Once it get slow all will suffer

Course played great when we could hit. 5 min waits on front nine 10 minutes on back. Even after a call when on 11 never saw a marshal come out to check on pace of play.

I hope this is not normal, but if they do not enforce pace of play we will all suffer out there

Commented on 09/02/2020

Hi dooksux27278! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Long round

Love the course. But after four hours and 15 minutes, we left after 14 holes. Very disappointed!

Commented on 09/02/2020

Hi Guy7578060. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Foxford Hills Golf Club.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hi vickieharry. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (847) 639-0400 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Foxford Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 08/20/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Foxford Hills Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good but Not Great

I wanted to go back and play this awesome course when it was fast and firm. Luv this course but it is difficult and not sure why but got there early to use the driving range and they had hitting on mats only ! Weather was hot and dry and other than to save $$ not sure why the matts only which I will not hit off mats. The sand traps need fresh sand they are not in good condition. Other than that the people are great that run the place and the course is fantastic and tough ! Will be back to play one of my new favs.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us markbeedle. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Foxford Hills Golf Club thanks you!

Great course layout.

This is a very nice layout. Back nine is the gem. Course is very well maintained with the exception of sand traps. With new sand in traps this would be top ten course in chicagoland. I plan to play this course again.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us eEpEARQmk3eIfHalFs35. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Foxford Hills Golf Club thanks you!

NEED GPS

Great course caught it in wet conditions with light rain.
The problem they have is the course is not marked well with yardage and yet they have no GPS in the carts.
Still extremely beautiful course will be back to play it when it is dry ...

Commented on 07/21/2020

Hi markbeedle. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Foxford Hills Golf Club.

Commented on 07/20/2020

All around great course

Very fun layout. Interesting holes that make you think about every shot without being tricked up. Greens are challenging as well, in good shape and well protected. I don’t know why it doesn’t get more play as it’s so much better than many courses within 35-40 min from home. Well worth the extra drive time for sure!! May be one of my favorites.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hi nkogan1. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Foxford Hills Golf Club!

Skip hot deal

The rate in the pro shop was$30 cheaper than the golfnow "hot deal" rate which I unfortunately had prepaid

Commented on 06/30/2020

Hi jscotillo, thanks for the feedback. Although we want our customers to get the best deal possible, we are happy to hear you played anyway and enjoyed your time. Please visit us again soon.

Anonymous

A real gem!!

I can only tell you if you do not make an effort this year to play Foxford in Cary you will miss one of the better public tracks in this area!
Over 7000 yards from the tips and 6600 yards from the Golds is a true test!
Each hole is unique as well as individually named
It was a great way to get the new season started!
Thanks for the hospitality Foxford Staff!!
Cheers!

Commented on 05/19/2020

Hi jimmy2471527. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Foxford Hills Golf Club!

Cary, Illinois