2.2

Lake Barrington Shores

Year Built 1978
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Larry Packard (1978)

Great Round

Course in great shape. Both golf carts were dirty inside and out. Grill was not open. Ate potato chips and candy bars available from the pro shop. Ugh.

Nice Course

Nice course set back far enough from the houses. Long par threes on the front, well placed sand traps. We finished the round in 3 1/4 hrs.

great layout

just opened for golf now golfers. Course was empty as folks were afraid of the weather forecast. Greens a bit slow but overall in great shape.

Will definitely play again

This course isn’t exceptionally long but it is exceptionally tough. It is narrow with trees lining most fairways. Since it is within a townhome community, all the holes snake through the neighborhood. Greens were in really good shape aerated last fall it looks like. Want to get back and play it again!

Nice start to season

Previous reviews aren’t accurate related to course conditions. Played March 28 and for early season in great condition. Course is fun to play and the flow is excellent.

Commented on 04/01/2021

Let's talk about what's not accurate, and we can start with your review. You claim to have played the course on March 28, however tee times were not made available on GolfNow until April 1. Clearly, you are offering bogus information.

Enjoyed the course

Played this course on a cold November day with very little wind and it was very very enjoyable. The sun picked out and made it even better. Not a very long track, a little less than 6400 from the tips. But very challenging as you get into trouble going left and right. You got to have your straight ball here. Greens were relatively quick and Course is very well kept. Aeration is a problem this time of year. All in all, a great experience. I wii go back.

Rude and Mean?

This is actually one of my favorite courses in the area.

I arrived at the course about 30 minutes early, as I usually do, so I would have time to practice putting and familiarize myself with the conditions of the greens. The gentleman in the pro shop told me he would not check me in, nor allow me a golf cart to load my bag until my tee time. My buddy came in a bit later and loaded his bag onto one of the many carts as we usually do. The pro shop gentlemen angrily pulled the key out of that cart. I couldn't help shaking my head, and he then threatened me by saying "Do you want to play gold here or not?"

I was really taken aback by this kind of behavior from a pro shop staff. Golf is supposedly a gentlemen's (and gentlewomen's) sport, if you don't care about manners, maybe another line of work suits you better instead of the pro shop.

Commented on 12/03/2020

I inserted myself into the conversation because you aren't being honest about what really occurred. I was standing right there and witnessed the entire exchange. Yes, you arrived at least thirty minutes prior to your tee time, but you also had the intention to begin your round considerably earlier than the tee time that you bought. It's almost farcical that you try to turn this around and blame the pro shop staff for your own disrespectful behavior.

Commented on 12/01/2020

Sir, if you're not the lady nor the gentleman working in the shop, then you're really not a part of this conversation. You might be trying to stick up for your friend, but to call me rude just because I arrive to check in 30 minutes early is simply outrageous and totally out of line!

Commented on 12/01/2020

No, I'm not a lady and no I'm not kidding. You were completely out of line. Embarrassing, really.

Commented on 11/30/2020

If you're the lady in the shop with the gentleman at the time you should have heard exactly what I said. I wanted to check in and get a cart to load my bag, he refused both. I also told the gentleman that I'd like to practice putting a bit and wait for my golf buddies. Where and when did you get the idea I wanted to go out there early, without my group? Who's being untruthful here? You got to be kidding me?

Commented on 11/30/2020

I was standing right there when all of this went down, and I have to say that you are not being truthful. In defense of the gentleman who was running the pro shop, you and your group were trying to go out on the course at least a half hour before the tee time that you bought. A 'Hot Deal' is not a general admission ticket to play the course at whatever tee time you decide works best for you. If you buy a time for noon, you get to go out and play at noon. Not before and not after. Don't blame the guy working at the course for your own rude behavior.

Ghost Town

Course was basically closed with clubhouse locked and no one on site. Found one cart with key in it and played the round we had pre-paid for.
We still enjoyed the course, as always, but think there should have been some communication between Golf Now and the course management, as we could well have ended up making the trip there for naught.

Sad condition

The current owner has tuned this once beautiful, private golf course into a horrifically maintained dirt track. There is no golf pro, course superintendent, starter or ranger. The sand traps are never properly maintained and are often filled with water which is not drained. The maintenance crew has not idea what they are doing in placing hole locations on greens and overuse the same areas of the green damaging those areas. The owner will not pay the maintenance crews to work every day or to deal with damaged course conditions due to storms. The golf range is frequently closed and the range balls are so old many no longer have dimples. You are wasting your money playing this course unless you are fine playing golf anywhere.

Wonderful Course, Well Maintained!

This was my first, and hopefully not my last, time to play this course. As a private course, it’s a treat to play as a non member, thanks to Golf NOW.

It’s a fun, challenging course, that is well maintained (even in mid November!) I had a great round and enjoyed every moment!

Golfnow information is wrong

The course is in terrible shape as the owner fired the 30+ year course superintendent and the grounds crew has no idea how to maintain a course.
The course has not had a pro for 3 years.
The course often runs out of carts.
The carts they have are in bad shape.
The range is a joke and often closed.

Great old school private course.

Nice course in gated community. The weather drove almost everyone off the course, so we played 18 in about 2.5 hours. Course conditions were excellent even though they were punching the greens and it was raining. Some holes had blind shots and hidden hazards, but overall very nice course. A little course knowledge would have been helpful, but I would recommend playing here.

North Barrington, Illinois