The golf course at the Arrowhead Golf Club has been declared the top public course in Denver in the past by Golf Digest, as well as one of the top 75 public courses in the nation. The towering red sandstone rock formations are a trademark of the course, providing a unique and beautiful atmosphere, which is further enhanced by the abundant wildlife that have made the course their home. The rolling terrain provides elevation changes and undulation to the greens. Water hazards and bunkers also come into play on the course. Arrowhead Golf Club's signature hole is the par-3 13th hole. It is a steep, downhill hole with scenic views.

Arrowhead Golf Club

Year Built 1972

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Bar, Snacks, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Dinner 7
Entertaining Clients 18

Excellent service! Beautiful course!

We would definitely come back! Can’t beat the views!

Oklahoma Advisor

Good views and good golf

The final Colorado 3 course for us and again, it certainly disappoint at all. As you probably know, the sandstone formations is the highlight of this one.
Lots of good camera shots while waiting as the pace was slow and even when the marshall told the group ahead of us 2x to pick up the pace, it really didn't do any good.
Overall the price was a tad high, and it drops of course for twilight, but then you run the risk of afternoon showers in the summer.
Would definitely play again.

Best scenery. The greens are challenging. The golf cart boys were great on arrival and departure. Nice clubhouse too. Thank you

Views, Views, Views!!!!!

This course was extremely beautiful. The views were priceless and the course held its own as well. It was in amazing condition with greens rolling true and fast and the fairways plush and very great. Bucks were all over the course and that was very cool as well. The wildlife was very cool to see. On some holes you had views of the beautiful red rocks that lined the golf course and some you had a very clear view of downtown Denver. If you get the chance to play this course, it is a must play.

Great course but, hang in there for a discount it is sometimes overpriced

This is the course that everyone takes out of towners to when them come visit for good reason, it is close to town and very very beautiful! The greens are aerated in the spring only so in great shape right now, mid week the pace is good but beware that it can become a circus on on busy days. Now...is this course worth $117 for a hotdeal which would imply a discount rate.....no! I think about 80 max for 18 is the right price. Fun course, great views, well maintained

Arrowhead Golf

The course was in good condition, but if I pay $117 for a round of golf I shouldn't have to wait on every hole for the foursome ahead of us. Non-existent marshal control. It's a good thing the scenery is so great on the course.

Workers on course entire time

The course was actively maintaining the course during our round, often with 10-20 workers on a green and 3-5 pieces of heavy equipment cutting grass and plugging holes. Ridiculous

Not to mention, the Colorado golf association was out with 4-6 people on each hole, standing on the greens, marking down slope, etc, but very distracting to have 6 golf carts surrounding a green you are hitting into and come out from under trees and stand there on the green behind your line while putting.

DO NOT PLAY HERE!!! They DO NOT CARE that you are ON VACATION

Id avoid it

Pace: 5:30 with an 11:00 start. We were told the first group took 5 hours and they never caught back up. Only saw one Marshall who just came through to issue apologies. (Not our first time with pace issues here.)

Conditions: just not good. Bunkers with golf ball sized rocks. Lots of dead turf areas. Greens were in great shape though.

Where you should play instead: Bear Dance, Red Hawk Ridge, The Ridge, Fossil trace. All combative costs or less and all in all a MUCH greater golf experience.

Colorado Advisor

Beautiful course, busy day

This was a treat round for my wife. We arrived to find limited parking. A large fundraiser tournament for women was finishing up as we arrived, and another optometrists' tournament was about to start. The round was listed as walking, but there were carts...they just needed to turn them over after the earlier tournament. The round started a smidge behind. The group in front of us were a bit new to golf? The front 9 went fairly well if a bit slowly, but the scenery took our minds off the pace of play. It's gorgeous! The back 9 went okay, but the group behind us were a bit impatient getting a bit too close, as we were rate limited by the others on the course...they hit through us a few times. The sand in the traps was a bit variable, but it's probably the COVID-19 situation. The experience was overall pretty nice, but pace of play can make for impatient fellow golfers. We like this course!

First time playing, pace was really slow, guys out front were really helpful and friendly.. couldn’t find cart girls anywhere but thanks to Laurie inside the bar, she took great care of us and made our day.... id definitely recommend playing here at least once..

Terrible staff and pace

We played today and had a terrible pace of play. For $150 I would expect a pace of 4 hrs to 4.25 hrs, no jeans on the course, no 5 somes (group a few holes behind us), responsiveness if we call in, and professional responses when we get in obviously irritated by the pace. We got none of these. It was like playing the local muni for 5x the price. Yes the scenery is good but that doesn’t make up for the issues this staff gave us.

Good track

Had an early morning tee time and well worth waking up early to avoid any delays. Was the second group out, and was allowed to play thru on #4 so it was our course after that. When we got to #15, the group that let us play through wasn't on #10 yet, so played #11-14 for a second time without issue. Ended up playing 22 holes in just over 3 hours.
Course was in great shape for the amount of play it receives. Greens rolled the best I've seen in the Denver/Colorado Springs area all year. Fairways and rough was also in god condition. We played the Arrowhead tees at 6350, shorter than we are used too, but wanted to make it enjoyable. Personally I don't think the course is that tough, a lot of room off the tee to stray a shot, you just have to get the greens down.
Good selection on par 3s, as the previous review said #13 is the signature hole, but #3 is just as good and we had an easy pin. I would hate to see it back left near the rocks.
My one negative comment is the driving range. When you are paying $100+ for a round, let me hit off grass and use my driver. For the range to be off mats and irons only is disappointing. And playing #10, I was afraid a stray shot would hit me, put a high net up to stop stray shots off the range.
Normally I play Arrowhead once per year, but I liked today so much I'll be back before the year is out.

Golf Advisor

Iconic Denver public course

This is one of the country's most unique settings for public golf without question. The red sandstone formations jutting out around the property mixed with boulders big and small are just too cool. I think the routing, a par 70 with 5 par 3s and 3 par 5s, is quite good for such a sensitive area as well. The par-3 13th hole is the signature but I think the par-3 3rd is as good if not better. The opener is wonderful and the par-5 16th has a great "reveal" over the crest and shows Denver in the distance. It's also walkable. Not all the great mountain courses around here are. So that should be noted.

reading some of the reviews I can see why this course isn't for everyone. Along with TPC Colorado it's the most expensive public in the area. It can also get a little slow. We teed off at 9:30 and played in 4:40. It's also on the shorter side, so if you're a longer hitter you may feel a little cramped in. From the middle-back tees I hit quite a few hybrids and 4-irons off the tee including the par-5 18th where I reached the green going 4-iron/3-wood. TPC Colorado is a bigger ballpark with more chances to swing big.

My buddy raved about a deal they were running in the shop where if you spent about $30 on merch you got three drink (including alcohol) tickets.

Greens ran great. Honestly they could have been slowed down. Their flipped cup setup was pretty unforgiving. I had 41 putts! But the total package is as good as I've seen as a visitor to Denver.

Restaurant too slow on getting food out. No course Marshall one is needed

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Sedalia, Colorado
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Littleton, Colorado
DENVER, CO | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at TownePlace Suites by Marriott and 2 rounds of golf at The Ridge at Castle Pines North.
DENVER, CO | Enjoy 1 night's accommodation at Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas and 2 rounds of golf at Rollingstone Ranch Golf Club.