Longhills Golf Club

Year Built 1955
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect W. T. Martin Lyndy Lindsey (2016)

Carts Yes - included in green fee
Clubs No

Dress code Appropriate attire includes shorts or pants and collared shirts. No tank tops or cut-offs may be worn.

A nice course

The staff was good. In some areas there are a lot of holes close together which was a little confusing. Overall it is a pretty nice course and it will be very pretty in a month or so. I was quite glad it was open.

Pace of Play

Terrible pace of play! When you get there, no matter your tee time, people just go off when they want to.

I really like this course, but it’s layout is confusing at times. The layout also causes traffic jams that really slows the pace of play. I will absolutely play this course again though, and recommend it to anyone.

Meh

The one thing I commend them on is actually laying sod in the areas that really need it. On course bathroom was disgusting and I’m pretty sure someone rubbed their BM over the toilet seat. Staff is not bad and are usually personable. Still too much $$ for not a great golf course. I understand it’s owned by Lindsey, but be real guys. Over $40 without Golfnow tee time. Too much.

Good value!

The course gets better each season since the reopening. This season is no different. I’ll be back.

Wasted Saturday

Made plans with a co-worker earlier in the week to come and play Longhills. I was able to book a reservation on Golf Now on Wednesday for a Saturday tee time at 12:30. Saturday comes around and a gorgeous 60 degree sunny day perfect for a round of golf. We go to check in and get our cart to head out and play. Not so fast...Sorry guys, I know you booked a tee time but we have a tournament going on and way more people signed up than we thought would so you guys will need to come back in 3 hours. Ummm...no. Now I’m in the middle of a Seinfeld episode. So you know how to take a reservation but you don’t know how to hold the reservation. Which, some would say is the most important part of the reservation. Anybody can just take reservations. “Sir, I know how reservations work”. I don’t think you do or I would have a cart right now and be heading to the tee box. Sadly, this is par for the course at this establishment. I recently was playing and made it through 10 holes when 50 high school students showed up and did a shot gun start. The clubhouse came and got me and had to give me a rain check to come finish on another day. How do you not know you have tournaments like all the time? How do you still allow customers to book tee times that you know you will not be able to honor? It’s an interesting way to run a business in my opinion. So, now we got to head home and my co-worker got to make the hour long trek back home because do you know how many golf courses you can get a tee time at on a Saturday at noon? None, none golf courses is how many because they are booked. I am still absolutely amazed or confused or enraged about the entire situation. While the Longhills course is incredibly convenient for me to get to I believe I have had enough of the mismanagement of this course. If you have the ability or opportunity to book a different course I would recommend doing just that as you have a 50/50 shot of being able to get on this course even with a tee time.

Decently fun golf course

Course is in better shape than the previous time I played. Grass is better in some fairways and still non existent in others. Booked a 9:30 tee time with pro shop and when ready for my time, had to wait on two groups in front of me because everyone was backed up. Would greatly help with time management on course if someone were to monitor tee times and make sure groups are playing in adequate times. Range is consistently closed because workers are too busy trying to play “rock, paper, scissors” to see who goes to gather range balls. Overheard from two employees when finished with round getting a drink from clubhouse. Overall, decent track for a little too much money, but it’s the closest one within 10 miles that’s not private.

Not worth the trip

This course is in very poor shape. The layout is confusing at some holes and I constantly have to tell people that have never played there which fairway to aim at when you get to hole 5,6,9 and 18. These 4 holes are pretty much bunched together and on a busy day can be dangerous and confusing if players don't have the courtesy to wait. Most holes have no yardage markers and the ones that do are written in spray paint on the cart path. So it's an absolute necessity to have a range finder to give you yardage or just accept that you have to play with NO IDEA what the yardage is on most of your shots. Most of the greens are in terrible shape and it's about 50/50 that you'll get to play hole #8 because the green is in such terrible shape that they have to close it. If the price is cheap enough then it's worth playing but you shouldn't pay more than $15-20 for a round here. And on some days that's not even worth it. It's best to play here on a day that you know won't be busy and you know you have a way to get a yardage.

Went downhill

i played this course dozens of times when i lived in the area many years ago. I played last month and was amazed at how poor the course condition was. The greens were horrible, the fairways were close to dead, around the greens were rock hard.

Disorganized-caused by virus

Very busy and tee times all messed up. A very confusing layout..

In DeSPiTE of It ALL (*_*)

Despite the situation and adversity created by Covid-19 circumstances, Longhills Golf Course and it's staff proved that it is above the best!! They had it together. I had a wonderful and happy golf day - NO problema. My thanks to all of you for making me forget it ALL in such an enjoying way and stress-free manner.

Love this course. The layout is confusing and can cause play to get backed up and slow. I will absolutely play this course again and recommend it to anyone.

Better and better!

It’s been about 11 months since I’ve been to the course, and the fairways or even better, as are the greens. The staff is very professional and friendly, and the equipment is top notch. I’ll return soon!

Enjoyable

The greens are much improved since the last time I played. Some of the fairways are under improvement now so I had to lower the course rate.

Friendly staff

This was not the worst course I have ever played at, but definitely far from the best. The fairways have weeds and clumps of mowed grass which was very annoying. The layout of the course is very confusing, lots of back and forth. Twice while at the tee box, groundskeepers were mowing around me which was distracting.

Goat Track

This course is really rough to play on the fairways aren’t good. You’re just as good in the rough as you would be in the fairway. The course is not kept up very well.

Bryant, Arkansas