Type Resort/Semi-Private
Kiahuna Golf Club

Year Built 1984
Fairways Bahia Grass
Greens Bahia Grass
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (1984) Colligan Golf Design (2003) Donald Knott (1984) Gary Linn (1984) Mark Rathert (1984)

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times

Spread out the tee times

We waited every hole due to a 4 some that held up a 2 some , and a 2 some then a 3 some that I was in. We all shot in the high 70’s and we averaged about 10-12 min on each tee. There was no Marshall on course to speed up the 4 old men.

Please work on this.

Great find!

We normally play Pukeau in Lihue but since that is temporarily closed we have found a neighborhood gem in poipu called Kiahuna Golf Course! Friendly and course in tip top condition! No waiting at each hole and I felt like we were playing on our own exclusive course!! Looking forward to playing again at Kiahuna in a couple of days. Aloha!! Jill & Robert

Loved this course

I'd played every other public/resort course on Kauai but this one, and I'm glad to have finally gotten here. It was great experience and now ranks as my second-favorite on the island behind Makai. Both are Robert Trent Jones Jr. courses. Went out early as a single and played in a casual 2 1/2 hours. Great course off the tee because fairways are generous. Greens were unlike any other I'd played. Had to look up the grass on them-which is Bahia. Took a while to get used to, but they rolled super true. Front nine is just straight-forward golf, while back gets more challenging with some lava walls and a creek. All beautiful and wall-to-wall grass. Fun golf or a fair prixe.

Muddy

Front 9 surprisingly muddy with bald that plugged.

Great deal but don’t use GolfNow

I enjoyed my golfing at this course so much. It’s been renewed and highly improved since my last play, about 10 years ago. But the course is offering $105 all included, while GolfNow charged me $107! It’s not acceptable and I decided not to go with GolfNow anymore. Shame on you!

A lower cost option on Kauai

Kiahuna is a very nice course on Kauai that offers a more reasonable greens fee for visitors to the island. I have played here two or three times and always enjoy my round. The course has multiple tee settings so you can adjust to your level of skill. The holes are interesting and require some thought in planning your shots, with fair risk reward ratios. I especially like the archeological sites that are contained in and near the course. Lends a different aspect to your round. Conditions were good, but greens were a bit rough and were very slow. I would recommend a few minutes on the practice green before you play just to get a feel. Overall a fun place to play, with very friendly staff, a reasonably priced restaurant on premises for that after the round lunch or snack/drink.

Perfect place to golf in Kaua’i

You have to play here! Course conditions are perfect, staff is friendly, breakfast is affordable and very tasty, club rentals are brand new Calaways with oddessy putter, and the views are spectacular! Played here 4 years ago and the course wasn’t as well kept as it is now. This course has the most bang for your golf buck in Kaua’i! Course is just challenging enough without being too difficult. I bought 2 IPAs at the turn and they were only $4 each! Carts have GPS and they give you a cool mint towel at the end of the round. A very nice touch. Play here now! Cheers

Disappointed

I thought this course would be as nice as Puakea since they cost the same but this one is not nearly as nice. The back shop staff were friendly, maybe pro shop could learn something from them. Bunkers could use some maintenance. This course is only slightly better than Wailua so they should lower their rates or up their game.

A little pricey

Friendly staff!
Challenging layout
Great greens
Just overpriced imo for the overall course condition, but
not even close to a $95 course

Horrible Customer Service

Horrible customer service and the course isn't all that either! I played the day before with some local friends. They walked with pull carts. I got a half cart since I didn't know the course and felt it would be easier. We were playing 9 holes at 4PM. I was charged $15 for the golf and $25 for the cart. No big deal. I come back two days later to meet my friends and play again. I ask for a pull-cart and they don't have any... lol I didn't want to ride and my friend walk with his pull cart. He said we'll just split a cart. We go in and he pays first, the same $40 I paid a couple of days earlier. The cashier asks to see my license and then politely says it will be $65 because I'm out of state. I said no way. I just paid $40 two days ago. He said someone made a mistake. I said not interested. My friend got a refund and we both left. The right thing would have been to honor what I had paid before and had a talk with the person who charged me the $40. Instead they lost two golfers and the place wasn't even busy. If the course would have been worth $65 for 9-holes I would have paid it but it was far from it. I can see horrible customer service is what this place is all about. You have been warned!

Disappointed with this course

We were disappointed with this golf course and felt it was poor value. The friendliness of the staff was poor particularly in the pro shop. When we checked in we felt that we were bothering the staff in the pro shop as they certainly didn’t understand the importance of customer service. The exception to the friendliness was the young gentleman that greeted us in the parking lot with a golf cart....he was friendly and assisted us with our clubs, etc. The course was average at best and was a poor value for the $$$ paid. I would not recommend this course and will certainly not play here again.

Solid course!

Great layout! Friendly staff. Definitely will play again. Love the opening hole!

Off season. Not many players.

Great course . Couple of challenging holes. Well manicured course. Fairly flat , greens were fast and soft. Had lots rain before my round. Great for the money.

A bit quirky but fun

Had a good time plaing there in a two club wind, but most greens were not in good shape. It gets very quirky on the back nine, but it’s funny to play if you like that kind of quirkiness. At 100$ it’s too expensive but it’s Kauai... For that price go to Puakea in Lihue.

Koloa, Hawaii
Koloa, Hawaii
Kalaheo, Hawaii
Lihue, Hawaii
Lihue, Hawaii
Kapaa, Hawaii
KAUAI | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Timbers Kauai and 2 rounds of golf at Princeville Makai Golf Club - GOLF Advisor's #1 ranked course in Kauai!
KAUAI | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Timbers Kauai and 2 rounds of golf at Princeville Makai Golf Club & The Ocean Course at Hokuala.
SAVANNAH, GA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at The Club at Savannah Harbor.
OAHU | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Turtle Bay Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Turtle Bay Resort’s Palmer & Fazio Courses.
MAUI | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Napili Kai Beach Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Kapalua Resort Plantation Course, Kapalua Resort Bay Course & King Kamehameha Golf Club.