Hughes Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1992
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Gordon Cunningham

Unable to play

My partner just got his vaccination booster for Covid 19 and suffered some side effects. As such he couldn't play and a distance of 40 miles for me prompted me to eat the loss, given the fact that we were within the 24 hour cancellation period. Pity!

Overall disappointing

I’ve been playing Hughes Creek for years and ever since new management took over, I swear they mow the fairways and rough every two weeks. The last 3 rounds I’ve played there, there are some holes that you cannot even tell where the fairway begins and ends, as well as up the sides. I don’t know if it’s because they’re short staffed, but to pay near $60 and not get a nice tight lie when you’re in the fairway off the tee or another shot is a bit ridiculous. I’ll keep playing here because it’s near my house, but overall the grass needs better keeping. The greens are usually in nice condition and the course layout is pretty fun. 6/10.

highes creek

great course, in good shape. it rained all morning so they tried to pack too many paople in later, around our tee time. the fairways were as long as the rough in places. but it was nice, and we had a good time.

Nice course with unique features

This isn’t the first time we’ve played Hughes, but it provides a significant challenge on the long par 4’s and a short par 4 by way of a creek. We generally play fast and today didn’t disappoint despite numerous rain events during the round. We ended up finishing in around 3 hours and 35 minutes.

It was a nice way to get the weekend started.

Nice course for the money

The staff was very friendly, pace of play was fine played in 4 hrs greens rolled true

Perfect Day at Hughes Creek

Perfect weather day at Hughes Creek..teed off early and got to play as a twosome. Pace good for awhile then caught up and had to wait on every hole..Several twosomes behind us (men) who hit longer so we had them play through but they soon hit the jam ups. the course is in great shape considering our extensive drought, greens in great shape, fairway good in most places but also areas of extreme hardness and dryness. Got great bounces and rolls on most shots. Staff very nice and accommodating as opposed to other times we played Hughes Creek....felt as women we were singled out as slow and needed to keep pace....not a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Tired of the hassle regarding pace

We have played this course numerous times...some times pace was very good other times we had to wait on most holes. The wait wasn't extreme but there was a wait. We played recently and were paired up with two men. We went off as the group in front was on the green but waited after we had finished for our group mates to look for balls and putt out. This went on for the entire 9 putting us close to two holes behind the group in front at the turn. We offered to let the "twosome" behind us to play through since there was a gap but they declined. At the turn we were approached by the ranger and criticized for playing slow....so on the 10th, the twosome behind us went ahead.....they the twosome that played for us followed and we played as a twosome. We had to wait on every hole on the back nine for the same reasons we were slow on the front nine...though ahead of us the twosome seemed to wait for the twosome in front of them to be "off" the green....and there became a gap in front of them of at least 1 1/2 holes. We fully understand as women, we don't hit the ball as far as men which causes us to take a little longer. However, we bogey, par and occasionally birdie most holes and don't spend 10 minutes looking for lost balls. We will probably not go back to Hughes Creek....plus the course is not maintained to equal the cost and has been deteriorating over the summer....tee boxes are lumpy and hard to stand on, loaded with divots, as are the fairways, cart girl and bartender extremely nice, language on the course was disgusting with yelling ie. M.....F...... ball, the F bomb heard often....completely against golf etiquette....these guys need to grow up and play "the gentlemen" game ...really gotten bad over the years.....I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COURSE FOR WOMEN UNLESS THEY PLAY AT A HIGH LEVEL....Just not fun and didn't feel our business was appreciated

Well Kept Needs Help

Course was in good condition. Tee time was at 6:15 AM greens and fairways were soaked. The clubhouse needs much improvement. Waited at bar area for 15 minutes to get two sodas. Had hot dogs on the spinner other than that food choices are non existent. Club house needs to be totally updated, nice course but sub par to many other public courses as far as amenities and service go.

Well maintained course

Course was well maintained and the staff was very friendly. The refreshment cart came around quite often. Greens we're very good and the bunkers were well racked. Always go to this course at least once a year.

Hughes Creek -Sept 6

Nice course, friendly staff, clean, safety conscious. Little slow pace of play, but today is a holiday, so understand conditions

Great course! Will play here again when visiting IL

I was visiting IL for just few days and had a chance to play here. Pretty nice course.
Played also at other courses but had the most fin here.

Go to course!

Close to home and my go to in the summer. Course was in great condition because of the recent rain showers.

Great Day At Bliss Creek

The day was beautiful and extremely humid and hot....pace was good most of the time and slowed probably due to extreme heat...course in great shape, crew rather unfriendly compared to other courses we play, no interaction what so ever...in pro shop...bartender great. we did enjoy the day

Saint Charles, Illinois
Aurora, Illinois
North Aurora, Illinois
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.