Fairways Golf Course

Year Built 1929
Architect Perry Maxwell (1929)

Ok

Executive course, par 66. Tight. Nice enough for a short course. Good for sharpening your game.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Fairways Public Golf Course!

Commented on 10/16/2020

Thank you for reviewing us, Kyle. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Fairways Public Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Ok course, poorly managed

Its called Fairways, which is funny because you cant actually see any.. although I can only speak for the front 9 as we were kindly asked to leave the course and given 18 hole rain checks to get us off the course for a golf scramble event after they accepted our money via the golf now app 1 day ahead of time for a foursome to play 18 knowing they had the event. May have not been a big deal if they didnt tell my foursome members when they arrived that we would certainly be able to play the full 18. And then it was suggested arbitrarily that we get through 14 holes (not sure why 14) in 3 hours. We completed 9 holes in two hours, quite nearly on their arbitrary suggested pace and still were nicely, to be fair, yet confusingly asked to leave. "Next time check the website so you can join the course events" is what we were told despite thier failure to realize we were non-local golfers traveling a fair distance to try out a new course. Suggestion - properly schedule your course next time. Undetermined if we will return to use our rain checks. Certainly would not pay for another round here to be disappointed and unable to play again.

Commented on 10/01/2020

I apologize for the miscommunication on the day you golfed. If you could send an email to fairways@outlook.com Attention Mitch Hamilton (manager) with your address. I would like to refund your money and send a gift certificate to you to try us a again. We do have a lot of large trees on a small golf course so I would recommend if you are concerned about leaves to play next spring or summer. Your gift certificate will be good for next year.
Mitch

Commented on 09/23/2020

Hi Rondo. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We were sorry to hear that you were unable to complete your round with us and would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with us. Please know that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make the necessary changes before your next round. Thanks for visiting Fairways Public Golf Course. We hope you'll reconsider joining us again soon for another round!

Fun Round

Great to get out early. We were 2nd group of day. Pace was great and the greens, given our summer, were in super shape. Pay attention to hole locations as we got messed up between 4&5. Really enjoyed it, will be back.

Going back tomorrow.

Fun older course. Well maintained. Fantastic greens. Numerous trees make the holes challenging. Having a great short game is a must!

great course for a relaxing round!

You cannot wrong if relaxation and fun are what you seek when playing golf!

1st timer

The front 9 was most definetly a value, not a big fan of all the par 3's on the back 9. Overall a great value for the course, $16 with cart is dirt cheap. The club house had a great burger n cold beer, very friendly staff

Commented on 06/24/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing us. We see that you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop for further explanation. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Fairways Public Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Great course to walk.

Short course but some neat holes. 6 par 3's on the back make it a little challeging.

Fun course

I really enjoyed my round on a beautiful Sunday morning. Even with the abundance of par 3s, you need to have some accuracy. Lots of trees that may affect your shot, so a well placed shot is rewarded. Greens were amazing with lots of undulations and slopes. Would definitely love to play here again before the season ends.

As a side note .. they actually have ball washers and rakes for the bunkers. Top notch!!

My husband and love this couese! Nice layout and well kept. Staff is very friendly!

Hole in one!

I played here in June with my friend Alan. Always is our backup course to sharpen our short game. On this day I had a hole in one on the par 3 hole #15. Used a Ping G10 5 hybrid club from 170 yards. Told the lady in the shop as we were leaving and she said "good". I guess they see a lot of them. Didn't have enough witnesses to authenticate, but we know it happened, and it wad my 4th hole in one. I play here several times a year and always enjoy the course.

Fairways

I really like this old school golf course. While not particularly difficult it is a fun little track.

Lots of trees and tight fairways force you to make shots. Hard to beat for the price and it played fast as well.

Tale of 2 halves

First 9 is decent course but back 9 is pretty much an executive course with 3 ~300 yard par 4s. Pace was good but greens are on the slow side.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hello, equa77. Thank you for taking the time to leave Fairways Public Golf Course a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Hello, u000003131659. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Fairways Public Golf Course.

Shabbona, Illinois