2.1

Year Built 1960
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Murray Petersen

Commented on 11/17/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing River Heights Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

River Heights on October 28, 2020

It was a chilly day and overnight frost delayed starting times. A number of the greens were ragged apparently from disease. There was some work being performed on the course which required some detours. All things considered it was still an enjoyable round of golf. My friend and I played as a twosome and were able to finish the 18 holes in less than 3 1/2 hours.

Poor Maintenance

The course was fun to play, but most of the greens were in terrible shape and a handful of the fairways looked like they haven't been touched for weeks. Besides the maintenance problems, the course is pretty bland, but for a cheap price, it may be worth it.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the feedback of your round with us! Please be assured that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make the necessary changes. Thanks for visiting River Heights Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing River Heights Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Value for the money

This is a fun sporty course to play.! Customer service is wonderful especially Alex in the pro shop. Great attitude and very helpful always with a smile. My favorite place to play.

River Heights on September 9, 2020

The course was not at all crowded given that there had been overnight rain showers as well as showers in the morning. The course drained very well although there was standing water in some of the bunkers.

It appeared that some of the greens had a disease in spots and the fairways were a bit ragged. For the $12.00 rate per golfer w/cart, it was still a very good value.

Worker

So need to complain because it was insane to me the amount of disrespect given to me. The pro shop checker in guy was very rude. He was tall with long hair and I believe he said on the phone his name was Austin. I don't know if this guy is new or something but he was very rude on the phone earlier in the day, and when I got to the course he got mad that I wanted my own cart and he had to go downstairs to get a cart for me. As a paying customer and as a 62 year old who does not want to get sick, he had a lot of attitude. He was so disrespectful, and the sad thing is this is the first bad encounter I have had with any staff. I have played multiple times there, and every single employee is nice and respectful besides this young man. If I was this golf course I would make sure he does not come back next year because it looks bad on a course that was planning on shutting down.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing River Heights Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/02/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 08/28/2020

Disappointing

Just a few years ago, this was a great course to play. It is disappointing to see River Heights in it's current state.
The fairway grass is dead to the point of looking abandoned. Some of the greens are in poor condition, though it appears that the area around the greens has at least been watered regularly. The bridge to the 17th tee box is closed off; for how long I do not know. Noticed a lot of run down equipment all over the course.
The clubhouse has the look of a place about to close up shop. I really hope this isn't the case. River Heights offers some really unique hole layouts and can be challenging for golfers of all levels. Until recently, the course was well maintained. That doesn't appear to be the case at the present time. It's a shame.

Commented on 08/25/2020

Hi, Jon. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting River Heights Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Wait for rain

This course hasn’t seen water in a month. The fairways are like concrete with some dead grass sprinkled on top of it. The greens are all burned out and not even worth putting. There’s a reason this course is only $10 to play.

Commented on 09/03/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing River Heights Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Burnt and dead

The majority of the greens are dead or burnt from the heat/conditions. Ball marks litter the green as well.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the current conditions of the course and ask that you please bear with us as we work diligently to make the necessary improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing River Heights Golf Course.

Sad shape

Should be closed as it's in bad condition from tee to green.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Great Bargain

We got a great deal on a tee time for three at Tee Off and the course was in good shape despite the dry weather recently. I recommend if you live close by play the course as your will enjoy it.

Dekalb, Illinois