Stoneham Oaks Golf Course
|White (18-hole)||54||3234 yards|
|Back M: 27.3/87||89||147||179||128||95||113||153||139||82||1125||2250|
|Front W: 28.5/89||71||117||140||90||72||74||114||79||54||811||1622|
Lots of leaves
The course wasn't well kept. Lots of leaves everywhere and the greens were just unplayable.
Well I booked it a week before and came on Saturday and the reservation was lost but the gentleman who was there accommodated me and my Freind. I hope I was not charged twice but I will che k out my credit card statement
This is a great beginner course. Perfect for those learning the game and also practice. The course green is well maintained.
The only downside is a lot of litter of bottles and cans in the woods around the last few holes. It is not nice to look at.
If you don’t care about golf, come here
Worst course known to man. I’ve played at bad courses but this takes the cake. The developers got 10 acres of land and crammed 9 holes onto it. I paid $20 for 9 holes and I personally think that’s too much for the conditions. I was teeing off on dirt/sand the entire time - should’ve told my boss I was taking PTO and going to the beach. Spend $30 more and go to unicorn.
Played this course many times and it's a good par 3 to practice irons and putting ton.
Decent short game practice, but meh
Look, it's a par 3 executive course with few amenities, which is what I came in expecting and what I got. It's not a full course, so it's fine as long as you don't expect that. But overall it's hard to fully recommend this place for a few reasons... next time I'd either go to a shorter pitch and putt with a range and practice green (great options nearby), or just play a full course.
- Greens were in good shape
- Course is fairly narrow and challenging, which is fun for a short course
- Carts were plentiful and electric
- Zero issues with pace of play even on a Saturday morning
- Some snacks/balls/apparel for sale in the small shop
What gave me pause:
- Tee boxes were not well-maintained, I had to explain to my buddy (new golfer) that it's not normal to basically tee off from a sandbox. Hate to say it but mats might honestly make sense here if they don't want to maintain the tee boxes. The mat on the 9th hole was actually really soft and nice
- The lady working there came out and started yelling at me as I prepared to tee off on hole 1, demanding in an accusatory tone "where did you come from", "why did you take that cart", "what is your name", and "did you pay" acting like she caught me in the act of sneaking in or something. I explained that I did indeed pay online for both the fees and the cart and checked in with the other gentleman working there like 20 minutes before. She sort of apologized and then left me alone. This is the first time I'd seen this woman. Totally screwed up my mojo. That is no way to talk to customers, especially at a golf course
- I almost got my head taken off like 3 times by other player's rogue shots during my 9 holes, and constantly heard balls crashing through the woods 20 feet away. I started to feel paranoid by the end. The holes are dangerously close together, many greens extremely close to the next tee box
- Despite the above, we considered doing another go-around for 9 more holes since we're good-spirited lads, but they wanted to charge us $10 (fair) plus another $10 cart fee even though we already had the cart and the course was wide open at that point... that's a bit much for what the course is. I'd rather pay $10-20 more and just play a full course at that point. Kind of overpriced
Tight Fairways, Short Distance but Fun
This course is an excellent option for beginners. The pace of play is forgiving and most people are just out to have a good time. The fairways are narrow and there are lots of options to lose a ball in the underbrush, but it's a great place to learn to play and to work on your short game.
For a par 3 overall decent course, they have quite a nerve charging as much as they do however. I was there the other day and the greens on 1 & 2 were literally COVERED in goose crap.
Ok course, probably would recommend somewhere else