Terra Verde Golf Course

Year Built 1965
Architect Jerry Matthews (1965)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Nice course for the $$

The course is kept nicely. Paths are in good shape. It was difficult finding balls when they were not on the fareway though! Staff was very friendly.

First time playing here since so long ago I can’t remember.course was in good shape.greens can be challenging depending on the pin placement.will play here again

Good Value, Great Pace of Play

Pace of play was great. Was playing by myself and finished the round in two hours and fifteen minutes. Staff is very friendly. The course is in fair condition considering they recently aerated.

Great course at a great value. The staff is friendly and they work hard to keep this course in great condition. Pace of play was excellent the day we played. This is a great course for all level of play and all are welcomed. I recommend this to anyone looking for a fun course at a great value where you can get friendly service and great food.

Great value!

I play here once a week. It is a fun course to play. There are some very interesting holes and some challenging greens. The dry weather has caused some bare spots on greens and fairways, but it is still very playable. The staff is always very friendly. I would definitely recommend trying this golf course.

All around pretty poor

This course was quite poor. Very bad condition. It was hard to tell the difference between the rough and the fairway. Tee boxes were beat, greens were slightly better.

Should be NO more than $1 per hole with a cart.

Senior course

Greens in good shape. Par threes are challenging A short course tips at 5700 yards. Good practice course. Not to busy during the day. Most greens are hard to hit with long irons small, sloped or crowned. Good food, staff friendly. For the price a good deal.

How a golf course should be managed

Our group played 9 holes. Course management continues to improve the condition of this course. Staff is helpful and friendly. Kitchen serves EXCELLENT food. Always a 'special price of the day' for beer. Course condition excellent. Super course design. I highly recommend.

Great outing with family

This course was perfect for a family outing with my wife and daughter. the price made it very affordable considering i paid for the whole thing. the course was a bit rough in places but for the price it was great. had a great time, plan on returning soon.

suoer value

enjoyed this course - very friendly staff =- course good to play and golfer friendly !

Good value

Another solid track from the Matthews family. Shorter layout designed in 1965. Good value for the $$. Interesting design with decent variety. Needs some attention to detail. Even though shorter than the 7000+ monsters of today it still provides plenty of test for all levels. Leave everything longer than a four iron and play it that way. Fast and true greens. Seems to drain well too. a great place to practice rather than spending money on range balls.

Fun but challeging

We played in 25 mile an hour winds with 35 mph gusts. Really changed things up. We will return.

Commented on 05/19/2017

Thank you for the 4-star review Deb5349600. Glad to hear you had fun while being challenged. Also, just let us know in the golf shop if you want us to turn off the fan next time. ;) Thanks again and see you again soon.

Commented on 05/17/2017

Thank you for the 4-star review dralbrecht. We are always trying to encourage our team to keep up the good work and improve where needed so please let us know if there was anything that stuck out while you were here. Thanks again and see you again soon.

Low cost made it ok.

If it weren't for the low cost, I would have been very disappointed. The electric carts were nice enough, and the staff was friendly but that was about it. The holes were short, the greens almost laughably slow and everything was soggy. Yes, it was April but after a weekend of high temps and sun, I expected better. As for the course layout, it just wasn't straight forward for my first time there. I spent half my time on the front 9 trying to figure out which direction to hit my drives. Very hilly and with all the doglegs it was hard to see not only the greens/flags but even if there were people in front of me. I enjoyed the back 9 quite a bit more but the holes were still short and still very hilly and hard to see. I will return but only because it was so cheap.

Commented on 05/17/2017

Thank you for the 3-star review ats003. While we can’t do much about the layout of the course now we'll continue to work hard on improving course conditions. Thanks again and see you again soon.

value

terra verde seems to get some bad raps,but I found it to be a fun track with some challenging holes.it is a great value,and course was in good shape for april

Commented on 05/17/2017

Thank you for the 4-star review mjwdelivers. We are happy to hear you found the course challenging and it was in good shape for your round. Thanks again and see you again soon.

Commented on 05/17/2017

Thank you for the 2-star review geepress1. We are always trying to encourage our team to keep up the good work and improve where needed so please let us know if there was anything that stuck out while you were here. We'd like to know how we can earn those 3 other stars. Thanks again and see you again soon.

Fair weather

GOOD VALUE

There was only 1 other golfer on the course at 9:45am on a Tuesday. Never played the track before, and would like to come back when the weather hasn't saturated fairways & greens. Lost several balls in the fairway......(plugged or hidden by leaves).

A few holes were hard to anticipate where to place shot off tee (#12). There is a small patch of trees at the dog leg, and you could play the hole with a short cut, if you knew that in advance.

Commented on 05/17/2017

Thank you for the 4-star review tgd112gostate. Looks like you caught us on a wet fall day. WE'd love to have you back and we are working on signage for some of the holes to help golfers know where to go off the tee. Thanks again and see you again soon.

Terra verdes golf course,worst course ever to play,water,water,water loggged

This course was in the worse shape I have ever seen got stuck 4 times ,was so wet even in the middle of course,everytime you hit ball,you would get a big chunk of clay on your clubs,was total dirty when done ,you could give away free golf I wouldn't play there,water ,water ,water all over the place,very poor drainage,total disappointed

Commented on 05/17/2017

Thank you for the 1-star review u00005675347. We are very sorry to here about your experience at the course and it sounds like you caught us after a wet spell. This 2017 Spring we've added over 3,000 feet of drainage to help solve this issue. We'll keep at it and thanks again and hope to see you again soon.

decent course

this is a basic entry level course with no real "tough" holes but the greens and fairway are always in good shape and most of the staff are courteous

Grand Haven, Michigan
Spring Lake, Michigan
West Olive, Michigan
Grand Haven, Michigan
Ravenna, Michigan
Allendale, Michigan
Marne, Michigan
Zeeland, Michigan
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).