A familiar name is back on top of Power Rankings: California's historic Ojai Valley Resort & Spa, a favorite quick getaway for SoCal golfers, earned high marks from Golf Advisor reviewers in early September.
The course also placed 16th in 2014's top 25 golf courses in California ranking.
"What a picture perfect setting and excellent playing conditions and value," wrote reviewer Dalev11424. "While this was my first time playing it won't be my last. Set in a beautiful resort the course was lush and well manicured."
Courses throughout the U.S. earned high marks last week, including two Texas golf courses and three in Arizona. You can also view the most active courses on Golf Advisor below.
Top overall courses of the week
1. Ojai Valley Inn and Spa, Ojai, Calif.
2. Apache Links at Squaw Valley, Glen Rose, Texas
3. Palmer Course at La Cantera Hill Country Resort, San Antonio, Texas
4. Pole Creek Golf Club, Tabernash, Colo.
5. Mountain at Ventana Canyon, Tucson, Ariz.
6. South at Antelope Hills Golf Course, Prescott, Ariz.
7. King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort, Saint Simons Island, Ga.
8. Pacific Grove Golf Links, Pacific Grove, Calif.
9. Copper Canyon Golf Club, Buckeye, Ariz.
10. Ravines Golf Club, Saugatuck, Mich.
Most active courses on Golf Advisor
1. The Golf Club of Texas, San Antonio, Texas
2. Brandywine Country Club, Wilmington, Del.
3. Royal Niagara Golf Club, Niagara on the Lake, Ontario
4. Palmer Course at Wildfire Golf Club, Phoenix, Ariz.
5. Raven at Sandestin Resort and Club, Destin, Fla.
6. Celebration Golf Club, Celebration, Fla.
7. Architects Golf Club, Phillipsburg, N.J.
8. Tranquilo Golf Club at Four Seasons Resort, Orlando, Fla.
9. Crescent Farms Golf Club, Crescent, Mo.
10. St. Andrews Golf & Country Club, West Chicago, Ill.