Minebrook Golf Club

Year Built 1919

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Always enjoyable!!

I'm a happy golfer who enjoys and appreciates the outdoors. Minebrook's combination of a beautiful mountainside layout with competitive holes that can reward you with a birdie or penalize you with triple bogeys always makes it fun. The staff is the best I've encountered and always acknowledge you with a warm welcome.

Fun January Golf

OK...January golf in NJ will never be perfect. However the fairways were in surprisingly good shape and the greens were not bad for this time of year. By walking we stayed warm and had a great time. I know the course but a little more direction where to move from hole to hole, would be helpful if you never played it. The staff could not have been nicer and the back nine on the hill is always a challenge. Fun day and thankful they stay open.

Commented on 01/11/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Minebrook Golf Club!

Great Value!

This course is a great value in a state of grossly overpriced courses. GREAT STAFF, course is reasonably open, but almost always wet in a few spots. Still, nice place to play.

Commented on 01/21/2021

Commented on 12/14/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Minebrook Golf Club and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Great for this time of the year

Squeezed in a round 12 days before Christmas, and the course was in great shape for this time of year. It's generally a very average course in terms of greens/ bunkers etc. but I saw no difference between August and December. Nice Work!

Commented on 12/14/2020

It’s not Baltrusol

I made a reservation 12 hrs before my tee time in North Jersey on 12/12/20 with a cart for under $50.
I was paired with a threesome of locals who, like me, were just appreciative to be able to ride and play and for under $50.
Yes, tee boxes and greens are beat up a little (some were frozen).. Been my experience goes with the cost.
So if you are looking for tournament style golf and conditions in north jersey in December, this course may not be for you. What kind of golfer would be?
But if you have some free time (even last minute) and want to get out of the house, this is worth the money to play.

Commented on 12/28/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Minebrook Golf Club.

Concerning

Over the years I have played this course due to its potential. I usually play maybe once or twice a year because it’s local and it fits into my busy schedule. Although this course has plenty of potential, it fails me year after year. The conditions of minebrook are never just average. Year after year it looks like they push repair to the side. Tee boxes are always destroyed, greens are always in rough conditions, and they fail to keep this place in an average condition. The price is also steep for what you’re getting when playing here. For ten to fifteen dollars more, you can play at a course like sky view, which is always in way better shape. If the tee boxes and greens were improved, I wouldn’t have many complaints. I really hope they can turn it around and take care of these needs.

Commented on 12/11/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Minebrook Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Nice Course !

Nice staff and good course.
I will come back if I will go around there again.

Commented on 12/07/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Minebrook Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Fall Ball at Minebrook

Course is always kind of a hackjob, but fall golf took it to another level. Greens and tee boxes were more bald than full, leaves everywhere on the fairways. Seems no marshal was on, as there was virtually no pace of play regulations, or safety regulations. Riff raff drunk golfers carting up to the green, walking into oncoming fairways, sending tee shots dangerously close to others, and unnecessary screams and yelling during play. I knew what I was getting into with Minebrook, but this was even worse than I expected.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Nice spot

Worth the full value but the hot deals they put on are nuts. Course has a fun layout so despite the distance it plays creatively. Lotta leaves as you can expect this time of year but there were piles on 13 or 14 that basically was a water hazard, no finding your ball in there

Commented on 11/09/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Minebrook Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Not worth it

I love playing golf in the fall, but I've never experienced what I experienced at Minebrook. There were leaves EVERYWHERE, they didn't even bother to blow the leaves off of the greens or fairways. Pace of play was slow because your ball would disappear under all of the leaves. Losing balls in the middle of the fairway is very frustrating. Spending 10 mins cleaning up the greens so you can actually putt is also frustrating. On top of that, we had to deal with tee boxes that were bare dirt and rough greens missing patches of grass. Judging a putt here is nearly in impossible. I hate leaving negative reviews, but felt like I had to. This course has so much potential, only wish they maintained it.

Commented on 10/27/2020

But for the greens

But for the greens, this course would be a 4++. Unfortunately, the greens are a big part of the game, and these greens were not good. Many are lumpy, bumpy, slow, and (in places) heavily scarred.
The staff was outstanding.
The tee boxes and fairways were at least ok and mostly better than that.
The layout was good and with the change in the foliage the course was very scenic.

Commented on 10/22/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Minebrook Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/22/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Minebrook Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Slowest round ever

This was by far the worst golf experience I have had all year. The course was in great shape for October. But I started at 1250 and didn’t finish till 615 because of the pace. There were no rangers to keep groups moving and there were time where there were 3 foursomes waiting to play a hole. It was an absolute disgrace and was not worth the money waiting 20 minutes for each hole. The cart was also insultingly dangerous. The emergency brake barely engaged and the motor kicked back multiple times. The accelerator only worked if the throttle was completely down. Overall nice course but horrific experience due to lack of management

Big Disappointment

Don't waste your money,the only reason we played there is because we got a teetime easily,The course is the worst course I've ever seen in 20 years,Teeboxes are Garbage,But you would be better off putting on the teebox than the greens,Absolutely Horrible Shape,I hate to Bad mouth anybody or any place,But I'm saving you money by posting this,I wish someone would have told me it was a Goat ranch,I would have saved $55

Commented on 10/22/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Minebrook Golf Club.

Great course for the price

Great course for the price, play here all the time

Commented on 10/22/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Minebrook Golf Club.

Commented on 10/15/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Minebrook Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Mine Brook

This is a great locate course ran by some great guys... I highly recommend playing here. When it comes to pace of play the staff have no problem moving people to keep the pace going... great value for the money... it’s a hidden gem...

Commented on 10/12/2020

Mixed

1st time playing and was in a hurry. Staff was great and gave me great welcome. Played early and beat the mowers which made a putting a problem. Fairways we’re almost to point where you had to roll everything. Greens not very good. Lots of bare spots & weeds. Overall it worked perfectly since I didn’t have much time and had to play fast. Some very interesting holes.

Commented on 10/02/2020