Type Private
StoneWater Golf Club

Year Built 1996
Golf Season April - November
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (1996) Dana Fry (1996)

Caddies Yes

Dress code Colared shirt required

Lay out very good and practice range superb

Big recommandation and easy to play in 4Hours and 45 minutes.
Great staff and nice site

Gorgeous place, beautiful course!

We started off by pulling up to a circle where they unload your clubs and put them on your cart. then you come back in the starter could not be more friendly! She asked us if it was our first time and he told us where to go into enjoy ourselves. But so pleasant and accommodating. Then we get in the car and it has a big screen in it that has GPS! We had never seen anything like that! It showed us the whole and when we drove up by our ball it showed us how far we were. It was amazing! The course was beautiful, without many defects at all. We were behind four gentlemen but the play was smooth. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed ourselves immensely! I recommend this course for anyone that wants to golf at a beautiful accommodating place

Must Play

Course was in great shape. Friendly Staff all the way around.

Pace of play was slow on the front 9 but was perfect on the back 9. Bunkers were in the best shape I have seen them in a long time. Overall was a great experience and was a great day for golf.

Public play no longer encouraged - limiting range time for some reason

I booked a foursome at $80 per person for a 1:15pm tee time. We arrived at the course at 12:35pm with plans to warm-up. We were immediately told that because we were only "public play" that our warm-up time would be limited to 20 minutes before our tee time. At no time during booking was there a notification of this new policy. I just looked on their website and can find no such policy either. We were told that we would be advised when we could head to the range. However, by 12:55pm no notification was given so I headed to the range anyway. We were then called away from the range at 1:11pm which means we didn't even get the measly 20 minutes we were allotted.

I realize they may have come up with this policy to ensure that members have access to the range however it should be noted that there were only 3 people on the range when we arrived. The fact that we were charged $80 per person AND had very limited access to the range is frankly ridiculous.

On top of the annoyance with the range, your new golf carts are not working properly. The GPS screen on one cart didn't work (tried to reset multiple times) and the other cart repeatedly shut down when nowhere near the "restricted areas". Multiple times we had to drive for substantial distances in reverse to make the cart work.

And finally, after paying $80 per person, almost no range time, & carts that don't work, we arrived at the clubhouse following our round at 5:45pm to find not one single worker. There was no one to speak to about our concerns, there was no one to assist with clubs, or to provide direction as to whether or not we could take the carts to the parking lot. The course was a ghost town with a lot of groups still out on the course.

As you could imagine, the 3 guests that I invited along were not very impressed with the facility or staff.

Great course but for pace of play

Sadly we had a 3-some of elderly gents in front of us playing some sort of scramble, with an additional walker (that they let move on after 7 or 8 holes) and we were literally waiting on every hole; we were hoping that they’d have the obvious par 3 etiquette but no such luck, so we finished our round in 5 hrs on the nose- we’ve never played here and had it take longer than 4:15-4:30

course member

This is my go to course with all the challenges I need to
test my game. I have known the course staff and rustic grill staff for years. This quality course and grill offer the
best in people that know how to run a golf course and maintain it to high standards. That is why Stonewater is my pick choice for a membership. No extra charge for the
quality staff.

Great condition

Staff friendly and helpful. Course in great shape tee to green. Greens true with nice challenges. Played a threesome of widely varying handicaps..,. Tee box choices made it fun for all. Pace of play was perfect. Aerated a few weeks ago, 99% healed. Price is fair, I’ll be back!

Most Unfriendly Course Ever

In my 40 years plus of golf I have never felt more unwelcome to a golf course. The starter was a complete jerk from the beginning. I guess they have enough members and discourage nonmembers from coming to play or to consider joining. The course by no means was anything special at all . We got a special price for a favor from a friend but even at that I didn't feel like it was a great deal. Just cant get over how the starter made me feel like an underling and not good enough to play this course. Would care if I ever played again !

Overall Disappointment

This was the first time I had the opportunity to play this course after hearing many positive comments about it from others. Overall I was disappointed.

Pros:
The layout and design of this course was very challenging and exciting to play.
The amenities of the course were good. It had a nice practice range and putting green. The carts do not have GPS.
The greens were cut fast enough to be challenging, but fair and the putts rolled true.
The staff was very friendly and respectful as we encounter maintenance works on almost every hole on during the round.

Cons:
The overall condition of the course was disappointing. There were multiple holes with unkept bunkers and fairway damage. It did recently rain, but the course managed the wet just fine.
The members are rude to non member guests. On the second hole my group was approached buy a member who want to make sure they “wouldn’t be waiting on us all day”. Mind you I was playing in a twosome and they were a fivesome. We offered to let them play through as it was the group in front of us holding everyone up, but they declined. By the 7th hole we were being hit into by their group.

Overall the experience here was mediocre at best and considering the premium rates they charge I would recommend playing elsewhere.

Don't waste your money

Greens were awful to the putt on, dead spots, and bumpy. Fairways were fine bit the sand traps were pure trash. For what they charge you save your money and play a metro park course, they are in much better shape. The staff was not too friendly besides the club house guy. Cart boys had us drive the cart to the barn while they sat in a cart waiting for someone to come up to tip them. I know I won't play there again and I advise anyone not to.

Greens Need Improvement

The greens need some significant improvement to consider playing again. I was really surprised at what bad shape they were in...especially for the fees that are charged.

Fairways were in decent shape and they were working on the traps.

Starter was pleasant and the woman working in the bar area after our round was very friendly/accommodating.

Don’t waste your money

Greens were a joke the staff was very rude can’t even get a beer after the round payed $78 never again

Commented on 09/27/2021

Never been treated so poorly from a staff anywhere .

Willoughby, Ohio
Willoughby, Ohio
Beachwood, Ohio
Cleveland, Ohio
Highland Hills, Ohio
WHEELING | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Oglebay Resort’s Wilson Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Oglebay Resort – Palmer & Jones Courses.
HOT SPRINGS | Experience the ultimate Buddy Golf Captains getaway at the iconic Omni Homestead Resort, September 30 - October 2.