Lewis River Golf Course

Indoor Practice No

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Bad experience

Pace of play was extremely slow and the course was in terrible condition.I will not be going back anytime soon

Enjoyable Round

Played with two out of staters. Enjoyed the friendship and golf. Enjoyable even though we are in a drought and high temperatures today. Will play here again.

Burnt Out

I know it’s been hot this spring and summer but a lot of the course is dead. No beverage cart on a hot Sunday. Restaurant was already closed by 4. It’s like the owners don’t even care. It has so much potential but it’s sad in the state it is right now.

Improvement

I have played here before so I am familiar to should be. Not up to standard

Decent

Decent course, cool layout a couple challenging holes to spice it up. You can tell this course is hurting though. Pretty rough shape greens are in dire need of some help. They’re bare in spots on every green and though they’re cut short they are unbearably slow. That being said they roll true enough and it’s an enjoyable place to play with great views of the Lewis river on several holes.

Great Course!

We love this course and highly recommend it. The scenery is beautiful! Bald Eagles flying overhead! Lewis River views! What more can you ask?

Lewis River GC Fun

Had a great but very hot day at LRGC today. The course was in pretty good shape particularly the greens and fairways. The tee boxes could use a little attention and water, they are getting a little beat up. It's a nice layout, bring your straight drives to stay clear of the tree lined fairways.
The staff needs a little more experience to make things run a little smoother, but they worked hard to please and that means a lot.

Charming layout, enjoyable round

Uncertain what to expect having read very mixed reviews written over the past five years, the experience was uniformly positive and enjoyable. Firstly, the layout is charming, scenic, tightly tree-lined, and maintained to a playable (rather than highly manicured) standard. On this occasion, green speeds were inconsistent and some areas through the green were a little “scruffy.” Two young ladies who were in charge of customer service could not have been friendlier or more welcoming. Pace of play was excellent at midday on a weekday, with no delays. All in all, a very pleasurable round of golf, and well worth a return visit.

Good course with plenty of challenges

Course was in great shape, except tee boxes a bit firm. Greens were in great shape and run true with lots of breaks. Pace of play was good, but could use a Marshall to move along a few people who would over their head. Definitely worth the drive.

Fantastic Staff, Beautiful Golf Course!

Played Lewis River this morning; the course is in fantastic shape. The tee boxes, fairways and greens were all a very healthy green and freshly mowed. I walked 18; the course is easy to walk with minimal elevation change (and I'm 65). This course is high on the scenic scale with views of the river along holes 17 and 18. I always enjoy the beauty of this course with its native shrubs and mature trees. The par 3 #17 is always stunning!
Lori , the Operations Manager is always professional, friendly, very helpful and courteous. The clubhouse is as beautiful as ever; it'll be great when it's fully accessible again. The course was very busy on this beautiful day; great to see a course so dependent on events bounce back from Covid!

Lewis River early June

Not as nice as I have seen the course in recent years. Seems to be lacking maintenance. Course was very dry. Greens were dry and hard. Number 18 green had evidence of a beginning crack.

Number 10 green has healed.

Bunkers have not been worked. Very little sand in the one I was in and it was hard.

Something was just lacking.....maintenance, lack of care.

Course has survey stakes. Being sold??

Expectations unsatisfied

It has certainly been a trying time for many businesses during the pandemic. I have tried to establishments the overall benefit of the doubt. I was taking my disabled veteran friend out for some quality time partaking in the sport he love and maybe my expectations were set to high. As we have been playing courses throughout the region, this one intrigued me highly and the commute I was making was in excess of 60 miles one way. My friend and I could not have had a better weather day to play. Upon arrival to the course it was set in some nice scenic local and we were excited to get onto the course. Upon checking in there appeared to be a cluster of people waiting to check in, get snacks, carts etc. It was here that things began to go down hill. The lady/Marshall that was the gate keeper seemed to be quite flustered in getting things organized and appeared that frustration stood in the way of being welcoming and inviting. She was curt in letting us know that a small cooler was unacceptable to bring onto the course and that we would have to leave in the car. I can understand that there maybe individuals that bring items that may not be suitable and have no idea what ramifications they have experienced from this, but as my friend needs to consume plenty of water for his health/medication needs, this certainly make for a difficult dilemma. This could have been overlooked if she hadn’t blatantly allow others to bring their coolers and just cover it with a blanket. The indiscriminate nature of enforcement of rules did perturb me and my friend. While checking in we should have headed the omen about golf carts not lasting a full 18 hole and losing charge early (we had heard at the end of play multiple carts gave out) I paid $32 for 18 hole and our cart died between the 14th and 15th holes (carts 73 and 8 were dead on the course). I did not have a major problem walking the remaining hole, but my friend who has limitations for health reasons was visibly upset and he had to stop and slowly work his way back to the club house. This could have easily been abated or even resolved it there was an actual Marshall patrolling the course. I am not without a level of patience and understanding. I notified the pro shop and have yet to have anyone from management contact me. I would have liked to have given my friend a phenomenal time, but there were to many obstacles to overcome. I would recommend going up the road to Mint Valley as they seem highly motivated in meeting or exceeding your expectations.

Horrific Manager

First off let me say I love this course and it really is in good shape, especially given this time of year. The greens are a bit slow but overall the course itself is in good shape.

However, the course Manager, Lori would truly benefit from enhanced customer service classes. I have never witnessed a Manager speak to customers so rudely and so disrespectfully. I personally witnessed her interactions with three different parties, all of whom shocked by her lack of personal insight as to how she comes across to others.

As we left the course we intended to get the phone to Ralph, the owner as I’m sure he would want to know about our experience,- I know he’s very invested in making this a great place to golf and it is if you can escape the wrath of Lori.

Oddly, we were unable to get a contact phone number as there was no one tending the check in area at 11:30am, a sign was left on the door stating “out on the course marshaling, be back soon. This left a group of men wondering how to check in for their tee time and another group of men trying to buy drinks as they made the turn. We waited 5 minutes and left without the contact information we were hoping for.

I typically don’t take the time to fill out surveys but given today’s experience I was more than happy to leave a review.

Again, the golf course itself is exceptional and offers a great dining experience when available. A good reminder that customer service is key to a successful business.

Terrible customer service

Double charged for round of golf, Pro Shop manager Lori refuses to return calls or respond to emails to correct the error. Homeless people milling about the course, trying to peddle golf balls found in the water hazards along with popping out while you trying to golf.

I will never play here again and recommend others to stay away. Mint Valley just up the highway is customer friendly and a great course.

Beautiful course with no access to pro shop and the restaurant is still shut. They have no idea when the restaurant will open. Why are other golf clubs completely open when Lewis River shows no interest in opening their facility. What a disappointment because it’s an awesome venue and a great course to play.

Ridgefield, Washington
Warren, Oregon
Brush Prairie, Washington
Brush Prairie, Washington
Kelso, Washington
Portland, Oregon
Longview, Washington
Longview, Washington
DUPONT, WA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma DuPont and 2 rounds of golf at Chambers Bay Golf Club.
BEND, OR | Enjoy 1 nights’ accommodation at the Huntington Lodge and 2 rounds of golf on the Jack Nicklaus Signature Course.
BREWSTER, WA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Inn at Gamble Sands and 3 rounds of golf at Gamble Sands - Sands Course and the new QuickSands Short Course.
SENECA, OR | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Silvies Valley Ranch, unlimited golf with cart and range balls, meals, and more.