2.3

Pine Forest Golf Club

Year Built 1979
Architect Billy Martindale

Carts Yes - 1/2 cart included in green fee

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Near the Airport 7

Cold staff

Very cold staff. Even when trying to make friendly conversation with the staff the response cold if any. Not sure if because of my ethnicity or just rude in general.
The greens need to be tended. This isn’t the first time encounter.

Great views, terrible condition

The course has a ton of potential! It has great views and the landscape is beautiful. BUT the course itself was in terrible condition. On multiple greens the grass was over an inch long to where there really wasn’t much that separated it from the fringe and was super patchy. It was laughable how bad it was and how bad putting was. I’m hoping it was just because it’s the off season as this was my first time playing the course. The drops on the par 3s and the hole that crosses the river were really amazing. The carts need a little upgrade.. on multiple occasions we almost started rolling backwards on the inclines because of the lack of power. All in all I would play the course again if I found another cheap rate. ($23)

Great Scenery

Very good place to play and enjoy the scenery. Staff was very friendly. Enjoy playing here

Pine forest golf ⛳

Pine Forest

Nice course. A few spots need work but overall a good course to play. Greens are tricky and approaches are challenging.

Locals are jerks/greens suck

At 3 different times I got behind groups of 3+ golfers, 1 time they were nice enough to wave me thru on the green. Another time there were 6 old ladies playing out of 5 carts ALL OVER THE PLACE. They saw me waiting on the tee while they searched everywhere for their golf balls. Whatever, I finally finish this par 4 after 20 minutes and leave the green to see all these ladies teeing off on the next hole. I’m a single, there’s NO ONE in front of them...do they acknowledge me, wave me thru as any normal group would do? No, they ignore me and pretend like they don’t see me. So I speak up “hey ladies, can I play thru?!?!” And they don’t ever even acknowledge me. Mind blowing because there wasn’t a good golfer in the group, so I have to watch these crappy shots going nowhere. So then I decide there’s no chance I’m staying behind this and decide to play around them. As I’m driving around them THEN they want to start looking at me and even now, not apologizing or acknowledging they’re slow, nope, now they just flash me the ugliest looks cuz I’m somehow disturbing their game.
And why the did this little country course decide to overseed? It’s almost Christmas and the rye grass isn’t even in yet, so the greens are a hairy wet mess. Unless they offer you $20 to drive out and play this course, dont waste your time.

Poor conditions

Sad to say poor conditions on the golf course the putting area the grass was 1 inch tall I drove a hour and 20 minutes I really wanted to quit playing at hole number 2 so sad for such a great place

Possibly a GREAT course

Absolutely loved the course design and layout. Great up and down holes. Winding thru the woods, one surprise after another.

Problem is... dry dirt areas in some fairways, muddy and sloppy in next fairway. This course needs alot of TLC but could possibly be one of the favorites for this area of Texas.

Staff are great. Everything else is fine... just needs alot of work on course conditions.

To be fair it’s late in the year and they just worked in the greens. The course was very wet as well. Good price and staff very friendly. Due to COVID no food besides snacks. I would play again for sure.

Some good some bad

The greens were recently overseeded and were slow sandy and furry as they had not been mowed. The course is an interesting track and can be fun to play. Very tricky around many of the greend. There were a lot of thin spots in the fairways or just dirt but still there was playable grass out there. I would recommend this course when the greens are back to normal.

Never again

This had to have been the worst course conditions I’ve ever played. Played the course 5 months ago and it was in decent shape. Today it was terrible. The greens had not been mowed in who knows how long. Others like putting on a 3 week beard. Just try to get somewhere near the whole. Fairways hard as a rock. I will not be going back.

Great layout but not the time of year to play there

We were stuck behind a 5some in 5 carts and were not playing the tee deck based on their skills. Course layout was great but the conditions were terrible. Either soaking wet and soggy or bone dry and the greens were rolling at a 1 or less. It would be a great layout to play if the grass was better

Save Your Money - Worst Course I Have Ever Played

I have played a lot of courses in my life. A lot. I grew up in a small town where we had two nine hole munis that were "decent" at best. This is by far the worst course I have ever played. The greens were gross. The worst execution of fall over-seeding I have seen. Ant mounds everywhere. The lady in the pro shop was pretty rude or just didn't care. I really hate to be this harsh but a lot of change needs to take place to get me back to this course again.

Don’t Book

Course has a beautiful layout, but fairways and greens aren’t well maintained. The ownership cares more about their friends/locals than people playing the course.

Golf carts also lose gas and skid along the hills. My cart shut off and I almost rolled the cart going down a hill.

This course is not what it used to be!

Can’t give a good review of the greens, the had been aerated and sanded recently, so they were a bit rough but may be just fine in a couple of weeks. Grass on the tee boxes and fairways were not in great condition.

Bastrop, Texas
Lost Pines, Texas
Manor, Texas

Valid dates: Oct 01, 2019 - Sep 30, 2020
Stay and Play in trendy La Quinta California and play some of the best desert golf courses. View available packages and customize your free quote with Palm Springs Golf Vacation.