Lake Wisconsin Country Club is located on the outskirts of Prairie du Sac, just a 30-minute drive from both Madison and the Wisconsin Dells. The golf course is quite short at 5,881 yards, which makes it pleasantly walkable, but it is certainly not an easy course. The front nine plays across rolling hills while the back nine is centered upon the manmade Lake Wisconsin. The bunkering throughout the golf course is minimal, but it is strategic and fair. The small, fast greens have enough undulations to give them some character but they are not overly difficult though the tricky doglegs shaped by stands of mature trees will test your accuracy. The par-3 12th hole is the signature thanks to a challenging island tee. Lake Wisconsin Country Club's 16th hole also has a memorable tee shot between two towering oak trees followed by a short iron to a well guarded green that backs onto the Wisconsin River.

Lake Wisconsin Country Club

Year Built 1929
Fairways Blue grass
Greens Blue grass
Golf Season April 1 thru November 1
Architect Yngsdal & Boehmer

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Wisconsin (2017 #25)

Good Value

Course is in very good condition with a few spring landscaping items being attended too. Greens are in great shape and fast, one of the best values in the the area. Well done maintenance crew.

Beautiful course - great value

Tee boxes and fairways were top notch. The greens were still a little sandy and very hard. Almost impossible to keep a ball on the green even with a short iron. The layout was simple, the bunkers were raked and the price was very reasonable. Will definitely play there again.

Commented on 05/12/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Lake Wisconsin Country Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Early spring dip in the weather

43 degrees and 15 mph winds made for a mid 30s wind chill day with a lot of clouds to boot. But, course was in excellent condition. Appreciate the physical changes since last year here and there on the course to make it a fairer course to play without dropping the overall challenge. Greens' surfaces were in great shape, but as usual the slopes and undulations can bite you on the greens while you also have to be careful with the fairly quick surfaces. I got a score I deserved as per the risks, rewards, and course management. Enjoyed the day regardless of the weather- which made for a quiet golf course with leisurely holes as there were few players until later in the day when I was wrapping up. Any of the staff I came across were friendly and acknowledging.

Commented on 04/26/2021

Hello! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the course. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Lake Wisconsin Country Club!

For early spring course conditions were absolutely perfect! Few backups on the course from slow play but overall was a great experience!

Commented on 04/20/2021

Hi there! Welcome back for another 5-star season at Lake Wisconsin Country Club! We work hard all year long to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our team's efforts. We look forward to seeing you again and again as the season goes on. Thanks so much for choosing us!

Decent course overall

Course was in good shape for the time of year. Had to wait for frost to get off the green which moved my tee time from 0800 to 0815. The gave me a bucket of balls for free to hit the range. Only complaint is the groundskeeper blowing leaves followed us for 5 holes on the front nine. The entire course was empty as we were the only group out at that time and he chose to keep going through our putts and drives. At some points he came within 50ft of us lining up a shot. Outside of that the course was fine and staff was nice outside of the one instance.

Commented on 04/12/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will relay your feedback to the necessary members of our team.Thank you for choosing Lake Wisconsin Country Club. We hope to hear from you soon.

Clean and ready to go

Wen I went out it was a little cold but it's still nice to get out there n do wut I love to do

Commented on 04/05/2021

Hi Garrett. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Lake Wisconsin Country Club.

Fun Course

A nice course I enjoyed playing. Three par threes right on the Lake Wisconsin shore. Some picturesque holes, an older style course.

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello, Thank you for visiting us at Lake Wisconsin Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lake Wisconsin Country Club!

Commented on 11/18/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Lake Wisconsin Country Club!

Commented on 08/26/2020

Hello, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (608) 643-2405. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 08/26/2020

Hi, We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lake Wisconsin Country Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Lake Wisconsin

Had a really fun round, even though we didn't play as well as we normally do, plus the shaft broke on one of my scoring clubs so put me at a disadvantage on a couple of holes. Weather phenomenal, great day.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Lake Wisconsin Country Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 07/27/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Lake Wisconsin Country Club.

There was stormy weather up to an hour of our tee time. Two of our foursome had a hour and half drive so they canceled. The course would not give us a refund or credit and said I had to deal with Tee-Off or GolfNow. I have yet to contact them.
As far as the Lake Wisconsin course it was in excellent shape and plays difficult with some tight fairways and dog-legs. I’m playing it again in a few days, that in itself attests to how I feel about the course.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Hello, u314159937855. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Lake Wisconsin Country Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Nice little place for a quickie

The course is pretty short, but it is tight in the right spots to make it challenging enough for all. Could easily play with only hitting a few drivers if you're long enough. Most of the green are elevated and smaller with some good undulation. Even though the back nine is short with 4 par 3's, they are all different enough. Play the blues (remember, it isn't a long course) for some extra cool shots on the par 3's along the river. Beverage cart doesn't take cards, so bring your cash. The conditions were pretty average, but in a good way. If you're looking for Blackwolf Run grass, you won't get it; but it is certainly nothing that will disappoint 95% of the golfers. A few of the tee boxes were a little long for my liking, but still acceptable. The grass was in good shape and the greens were quick and also in good shape for being a little public track. We played in 3 hours, even with a couple of old codgers in front of us that wouldn't let us through.

I'd play here again if I was in the area and the price was right.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Lake Wisconsin Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lodi, Wisconsin