A view of the 15th fairway at Shale Creek Golf Club

Shale Creek Golf Club

Year Built 2006
Architect Brian Huntley (2006)

Dress code Collared shirt required

Dinner 12

Last time out for the season

Well it was extremely windy so the upwind holes were extra challenging, but downwind I had to club down at least 2 clubs. Greens were much better than a few weeks ago, not quite as wet so not as many unrepaired ball marks. You'd think a nice course like Shale would attract players who know what a ball mark is and that they are not intended to be obstacles for the rest of the day. But you'd be wrong. Overall a nice way to end the season

Commented on 11/23/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, u000004366526. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Shale Creek Golf Club thanks you!

Great fall golf

Course was in excellent shape given the time of year. Course was cleaned off and ready for play no leaves around on greens or fairways. Great recovery or signs of fall maintenance either. As always great experience at the course

Commented on 11/23/2022

Thank you for your review, Andrew7155302. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Shale Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 10/31/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Shale Creek Golf Club!

Commented on 10/25/2022

One of my favorotes

This is one of my favorotes in this area. It's a great.coirse. Go play it and enjoy the experience!

Not worth the money

Greens are the only thing that makes this course hard. Once you play it a few times you will know the greens. However, there were many bare patches on the fairway and pock marks on the green., Many better places to play for a lot less in that areea.

Commented on 10/12/2022

Hi, Golfnutoh! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Shale Creek Golf Club!

Commented on 10/11/2022

Terrible Condition

Shale Creek has gone down hill significantly. It is a great layout but is horribly maintained. The edges of the greens and fringes are dying so instead of fixing them they reduce the size of the green. The fairways have numerous bare spots. The bunkers either have no sand or too much sand. The edges of the bunkers are not properly maintained so they are collapsing. The drainage is the bunkers is not good either, the fairway bunker on #9 is a pond for several days after it rains. The green fees are way too much for the poor course conditions. The GM will tell you it’s not a country club which is proof he doesn’t care about the poor conditions. Given the prices they charge, you should expect country club conditions. The restaurant kitchen is rarity open due to the “so called” employee shortage. It helps to look for employees. The owner could careless, the course and clubhouse became write off to him once his father passed away. The home owners around the course will continue to be the ones to suffer especially if the course goes under like Blue Heron. It will become an expensive walking path!

Great day, as a single got paired with three friendly guys. All aspects of course were great except the greens were quite beat up with spike marks and ball marks. Seemed as though greens were slightly excessively watered. Fairways were impeccable, bunkers appropriately filled with quality sand

Commented on 09/20/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, u000004366526! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Shale Creek Golf Club.

Ohio Advisor

Shale is Always Fun Round

Course is in great shape, just need fellow golfers to repair ball marks on greens .,....and a few scuff marks made us glad steel spikes are no longer. It's nice the range is included with the round, and I joined another 2some for enjoyable afternoon. I scored well, could have really been good, but 40-putts (no excuses of greens, just my poor jab-stroke) accounted for half my strokes. At any rate, Thanx to GN for the Hot Deals .....and I will be back.

Commented on 09/20/2022

Hi, DAB4par. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Shale Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/16/2022

Hi, balbli. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Shale Creek Golf Club!

Commented on 09/07/2022

Hi, AnthonyPoisal. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Shale Creek Golf Club.

Commented on 08/31/2022

Hi, JJH1234. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Shale Creek Golf Club!

Shale Creek Traps 8/15/2022

Course was in good shape especially tees, fairways, and greens. Traps on back nine were in very poor condition.
Traps had a hard crust and many traps needed to be raked out to make them playable.See hole #12.

One of my favorites

Always enjoy Shale Creek, couldn’t beat the price on the GolfNow hot deal.
The course is always in great shape…
Although this round I was disappointed in the sand traps, they were more like hard dirt, unfortunately this seems to be a trend with most public courses, if public courses do not want the added cost to maintain and add sand to the bunkers then they should just do-away with them and seed them and make them grass traps I guess.
I used to play with a traveling league and most of the time we would just take a free drop no closer to the hole rather than play from the hard inconsistency of the bunkers.
Please order a truckload or two of good sand for your bunkers.
Other wise I really enjoy the track.

Commented on 08/17/2022

Hi, Duane5512625. Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Shale Creek Golf Club, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Conditions were amazing. Haven’t been here in a few years but wasn’t disappointed. Pace of play has to be improved. My group has two, and we sat on the tee box, before any of the 4 teed off. Some hit more than 1 ball, then they proceeded to sit there and talk while we are sitting there after they fell a hole behind

Commented on 08/09/2022

Hello, hoops5579. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Shale Creek Golf Club!

Commented on 08/01/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Dstrine! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Shale Creek Golf Club!

Valley City, Ohio
Brunswick, Ohio
Hinckley, Ohio
Columbia Station, Ohio
Columbia Station, Ohio
WHEELING | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Oglebay Resort’s Wilson Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Oglebay Resort – Palmer & Jones Courses.
HOT SPRINGS | Experience the ultimate Buddy Golf Captains getaway at the iconic Omni Homestead Resort, September 30 - October 2.