Schalamar Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1986
Greens Winter Grass
Architect Ron Garl (1986)

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Commented on 12/06/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Jim2348361! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Schalamar Creek Golf Club!

Commented on 12/06/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Clair8975540! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Schalamar Creek Golf Club!

Commented on 12/06/2021

Hi, Jim2348361. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Schalamar Creek Golf Club.

Rain

Unfortunately it was raining all throughout the front nine course was wet and muddy. Nice layout and definitely will come back.

Commented on 11/29/2021

Hello, Jim2348361. Thank you for visiting us at Schalamar Creek Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 11/29/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Imbgmk! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Schalamar Creek Golf Club!

Great course for working on your game.

The front nine on this course is open and very scenic. Wide fairways and fairly short. While the back nine is tighter and not as forgiving, with homes lining the fairways. Course was wet from recent rain, but in pretty good shape. Greens are soft and slow. Very nice value for the cost.

Commented on 11/22/2021

Hello, snlwright. Thank you for visiting us at Schalamar Creek Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 11/22/2021

Hello, u057678843. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Schalamar Creek Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Disappointed

Pace of play was not good. Course was wet. Tee boxes to high.

Commented on 11/01/2021

Hi, Donald7422200! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Schalamar Creek Golf Club!

Commented on 10/18/2021

Hi, sreese56. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Schalamar Creek Golf Club.

Schalamar review

Staff is friendly and knowledgeable., the course was in fantastic shape, and made for a fun round.

Commented on 10/18/2021

Thank you for your review, gatorfact. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Schalamar Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

I WILL BE BACK

Look at you second shot, in a lot of cases I found I should have played less of a club not go for the distance of the tee, and take advantage of my second shot.
I WILL BE BACK, Burgers where very good but, took way too long to get. they need to fix that.

Commented on 11/01/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us, u314162291127. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Schalamar Creek Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 10/18/2021

Hi, abradley386. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Schalamar Creek Golf Club.

Pretty, but...

The course runs through a forested wetland and there are lots of birds on and around the course (and I even shot a couple). I was playing on a Hot Deal and had a membership credit so, the round only cost me $16.

It started quickly when I got to my ball in the first fairway and realized two things...the fairway was about an inch long, and, it was so wet that it was going to be a lift, clean and place round. I don't mind lift clean and place if there had been a place to wet a towel (I found an air hose outside the pro shop but no water). On the course there were a number of stands for water coolers all empty (that could be a result of the Covid outbreak).

Several holes were cartpath only (and to be fair that may have something to do with the length of the fairway, since they wouldn't be able to mow without tearing them up). Bunkers had both standing water, and clumps of weeds in several cases (although I also played out of one that was nice fluffy sand ). My playing partner had a high ball flight and was plugged on four or five occasions. Greens had a lot of weeds or dead areas.

Pace of play was excellent...I started as a single (no starter, and the group that arrived at the tee while I was waiting for the other person who I was paired with according to the pro shop was for the tee time after mine). Caught up with a threesome on the fourth and joined them. In the next couple of holes two members of the threesome stopped playing, so, we were a twosome in three carts and finished in 3 hours.

Food after the round was inexpensive, but (and other than a couple of drink orders from the pool we were the only business), they got the order wrong and there was hair in my sandwich...so, I would stick with a beer and call it good.

The course runs through a large 55+ community, and, in September they may not have a lot of folks in residence. It's short (5800 from the white tees...but with no roll that was plenty), tight, and well bunkered (maybe converting some of those to waste areas would allow them to use existing staff to take care of greens and such). It could be a fun track, and, for the same price I might go back during the dry season to see if things are any better.

Commented on 09/27/2021

Hi, gghalv! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Schalamar Creek Golf Club!

Wet

The weeds have taken over the fairways on all holes. A lot of Greens had bad spots all over them.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Hi, u160933792! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Schalamar Creek Golf Club.

It is with a Heavy Heart

Recently purchased in the community. Heard good things. Played for the first time recently, Layout was nice, but have to say I have never played a course in worse conditions, weeds everywhere. not recently cut, No effort to trim detail. Rotten patchy weedy greens with multiple kill areas., Weed filled bunkers . Fairways were weedy, long and uncut, and undefineable vs rough, and play like long rough not fairways. Playing partners felt the same. Shameful cow patch. Hope the new pro can make necessary changes to bring it up to municipal standards at minimum, As is, wouldn.t bring a friend to play it.

Commented on 09/28/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve and are working diligently to improve the course. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Don't bother

They should pay you to play! Greens in the worst shape. Total weed patch. They could at lest spray! Fairways were like playing out of the rough. Not going back.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Hello puckster30, thank you for taking the time to review us, we're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Hi, u314161140876. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Schalamar Creek Golf Club.

Pleasant

I have to say that this course can be very challenging if the greens were maintained more. Other than that I enjoyed playing there today. Staff and community homeowners were very friendly.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Hello, u000008054816. Thank you for visiting us at Schalamar Creek Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Greens horrible

Played this course alot till last year. I moved to far away to play alot agian but took a friend there bragging on how nice the course was. Man was I embarrassed. I never played on greens that bad. And won't be playing there agian until they replace the greens. There is no repair that is gonna correct it. They got to be redone. Shame on you guys

Commented on 08/30/2021

Auburndale, Florida
Lakeland, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Bella Collina Country Club, Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club and The Country Club of Winterhaven.
ORLANDO, FL | Play 3 rounds of golf at Providence Golf Club, Red Tail Golf Club and Northshore Golf Club.
KISSIMMEE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Reunion Resort and 3 days of unlimited golf at Reunion Golf Club – The Nicklaus, The Palmer and The Watson courses.