Type Public/Municipal
Cleveland Heights Golf Course

Year Built 1925
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect William S. Flynn (1925)

Clubs No

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Discover

Bar, Snacks, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Dinner 13

A little bit wet but okay over all

We have had a lot of rain. Being old we didn't appreicate the 'cart path only' on about half the holes but we managed. Still one of our favorite courses. Great fun, good value. Keep it up!

I love this course... when it's dry.

All three of these courses are generally great. Today, after much rain, many fairways were soaked and we couldn't take the carts to the other side of the cart path which made a good day of exercise... and wet feet. A couple of times I saw a splash and thought my ball landed in some of the many water hazards only to find them sitting in a good-sized puddle. One literally disappeared. When it rains, it pours.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Thank you for your positive feedback, we appreciate it. We are glad that you had a good golf experience at CHGC. We hope to see you back soon. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Commented on 09/01/2021

Thank you for your positive feedback pacman220, we really appreciate it. We are glad that you had a good golf experience at CHGC. We hope to see you back soon! Brock Witmyer (GM)

Thursday golf

The A course was in good shape just slow green. The C course wasn’t as nice. Grass in the fairways wasn’t always good. All in all not real bad.

Commented on 08/28/2021

Thank you for your feedback as we appreciate it. We are glad that you had a good golf experience at CHGC. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Commented on 08/28/2021

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad that you had a good golf experience at CHGC. We hope to see you back soon. Brock Witmyer (GM)

This is a great municipal course that I play often. The fairways and greens are in very good shape especially for this time of the rainy season. The pro shop staff guys are always welcoming and friendly, some of the starters seem to be on the grumpy side for whatever reason. I highly recommend this course.

Commented on 08/28/2021

Thank you for your positive feedback, we appreciate it. We are glad that you had a good golf experience at CHGC. We are glad that you enjoy playing CHGC often. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Commented on 08/15/2021

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you back in the near future. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Commented on 08/10/2021

Thank you for your positive feedback as we appreciate it. It is nice that you came over from Orlando to play "The Heights". We are glad that you had an excellent golf experience at CHGC. Hope to see you back soon. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Nice land, challenging layout

This course kicks my behind, but I keep coming back, because it's a beautiful place to be. Cleveland Heights sits on a great piece of land, and there are some very picturesque holes. The elevated greens, many of them heavily guarded by steep bunkers, put a premium on accuracy — so when I'm not on my game, a round can make for a long day.

In my experience, the starter has always been helpful and friendly. He's absolutely essential, as three first tees on the 27-hole layout can be confusing. In Lakeland, I'm just happy to see a starter in the first place. There are very few affordable courses in town with a full-time starter.

Pro shop people are the usual surly sort, but I guess that's par for the course (yeah, I wrote that). What I don't get is why the one TV in the pro shop is tuned to Fox News. A golf pro shop TV should be showing the Golf Channel or other sports (maybe the Olympics at this time of year) — no news channels whether they lean left or right — nothing that takes away from the feeling of getting away from it all, which is what golf should be.

The restaurant upstairs is a fantastic place to spend time. The food is great, the beer is ice cold, the staff is first-class, and you can sit out on the expansive patio and get a great view of the golf course from above.

Overall, highly recommended.

Commented on 08/06/2021

Thank you for your positive feedback as we appreciate it. We are glad that you had a good golf experience at CHGC. We have a great team and our food & beverage partner (1916 Irish Pub) does a great job. We hope to see you back soon. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Rained Out

This is a great course. I book for a foursome 2 times a week and Cleveland Heights is quite often our 1st choice. Unfortunately, we got rained out today, but we will rebook.

Commented on 08/06/2021

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We are glad that you had an excellent golf experience at CHGC. We hope to stay your first choice. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Commented on 08/06/2021

Thank you for the positive feedback Sutton we appreciate it. We are glad that you had a good golf experience at CHGC and hope to see you back soon. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Commented on 08/01/2021

Thank you for the positive feedback we appreciate it. We are glad that you had a good golf experience at CHGC and look forward to seeing you back soon. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Good shape

Pace of play wasn’t terrible. Greens are rolling ok, few little imperfections but all in all not bad. Fairways are very good and tee boxes are ok. Getting tons of play and rightfully so, all 3 nines back open. Everyone was very nice and courteous as usual. We like coming out here.

Commented on 07/27/2021

Thank you Nomie for the positive feedback. We are doing aerifications on greens and tees last week and over the next two weeks. We are glad that you had a good golf experience at CHGC and hope to see you back soon. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Good people manage and play here!

While some in my circle of golf buddies negate this course due to the close proximity of fairways, I found it a very nice course. I have played a Sandpiper, Huntington Hills, Sandlan and all of the Zephyrhills courses. I found it adequately challenging and well maintained. I lost my new super golf sunglasses around the 3rd hole. I checked at the Starters when I switched holes and none turned in. At the end of my second 9, they were turned in. Good people play here!
They also have decent summer rates. $$ :)

Commented on 07/24/2021

Thank you for your positive feedback as we appreciate it. I am glad that you got your sunglasses back. We do have so many great folks that play here and work here. We are glad that you had a good golf experience at CHGC and hope to see you back soon. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Cleveland Heights

Always a great place to play , staff are great and helpful . Have has a lot of rain lately and the field of play was well taken care of !

Commented on 07/22/2021

JP, thank you for your positive feedback as we appreciate it. We are glad that you had a good golf experience at CHGC and hope to see you back soon. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Pleasantly surprised

The course was in great shape considering all the rain that we've had in the last week or so. The greens were a bit slow but they were fair. I will play there again.

Commented on 07/05/2021

Thanks Jim we appreciate your positive feedback. We are glad that you had a good golf experience at CHGC and hope to see you back soon. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Commented on 07/01/2021

Thanks Jim for the positive feedback. We appreciate you traveling from Wesley Chapel to play "The Heights". We are glad you had a good golf experience and hope to see you back soon. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Commented on 07/01/2021

Tobias, thank you for your positive feedback, very much appreciated. We are glad that you had an excellent golf experience at CHGC. We hope to see you back soon. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Commented on 07/01/2021

Thank you for your positive feedback as we appreciate it. We are glad that you had a good golf experience at CHGC. We hope to see you back soon. Brock Witmyer (GM)

Mulberry, Florida
Mulberry, Florida
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, Palm Golf Course and Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodation at The Fountains Resort Championsgate and 6 rounds of golf at Orange County Panther Lake, Orange County Crooked Cat, Omni International, Omni National, Celebration Golf Club and Falcons Fire Golf Club.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at Tuscana Resort Orlando and 3 rounds of golf at Bella Collina Country Club, Southern Dunes Golf and Country Club and The Country Club of Winterhaven.
ORLANDO, FL | Play 3 rounds of golf at Providence Golf Club, Red Tail Golf Club and Northshore Golf Club.
KISSIMMEE, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Reunion Resort and 3 days of unlimited golf at Reunion Golf Club – The Nicklaus, The Palmer and The Watson courses.