A sunny day view from One&Only Palmilla Golf Club.

Overlooking the Sea of Cortez, the One&Only Palmilla Golf Club offers a stunning 27-hole course designed by Jack Nicklaus. The course is divided into three nines that are named after the defining features of their landscape. They are played in three different 18-hole combination, providing golfers with a different experience on the front and back nines. The Arroyo/Mountain Course has the most dramatic elevation changes of the three golf courses and also some of the best views. The seventh hole on the front nine proves "Arroyo" to be an apt name for the course. This 560-yard hole plays alongside one that is deep and intimidating. The back nine, the Mountain Course, is a diverse layout with holes of varying lengths as well as plenty of sand and water.

Palmilla Golf Club

Year Built 1992
Architect Jack Nicklaus (1992)

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Beautiful views. But a bit pricey

27 holes of great views and tees accommodate all handicap levels

Cabo golf

Beautiful course, excellent practice facilities; wish the ocean course were open.

Another beautiful course in Cabo

I’ve played PLC and Campestre. Pamilla is all Nicklaus. Supposedly, Arroyo was the first course in Baja Peninsula. Most fairways can be on in two, so fun! Most first bunkers are too far to reach off the tees. Bunkers around the green are sometimes the saving grace that I sometimes need. Really enjoyable course. Booked another tee time in a couple of days. I’m a 28 handicap and shot a 100 today. If you need a more challenging course, this course may be the one your bring your non-golfing friend that appreciates the huge variety of desert plants, mountains and spectacular ocean views!

Older Course

It was OK no great shakes but it is one of the first courses in Cabo by Jack.

No Bad Days

Given the weather in Cabo--dry, sunny and warm--it would be hard to have a bad day on the golf course (although it certainly can be windy). Palmilla is an excellent, challenging layout, with great views. Staff were friendly and helpful. My only complaint was a crabby couple playing as a twosome behind us, with a caddy, who called the pro shop to complain about our pace of play--we were literally waiting for the group in front of us to clear each green except for one hole where we had two lost balls to look for; and our group and the one in front of us took 3.5 hours to finish. The golf shop should have told the group behind us to stuff it. A little pricey, but apparently in line with other Cabo courses. I would not hesitate to recommend to friends going to Cabo.

Marshal pushed too much.

We were right on time but the Marshall kept insisting we were going too slow. That made it almost impossible to enjoy the round.

Course needs maintenance

Great design of a course but my oh my it could do with some maintenance - practice facility is barren, fairways are patchy at best, greens are okay but bumpy at times , bunkers gravelly and inconsistent sand - not worth the fees that they charge - probably the worst course I have played here and I have been coming here for 20 years - that said , we are in Covid times and am sure that things are tight and course condition is reflective of these times.
Once things return to normal , I will come back and play - the layout is fun with some great holes

Course in poor condition

Played this course two years ago and it was in beautiful condition and a great course. Was excited to come back and was greatly disappointed. We heard after the fact that no maintenance had been performed during the course's covid closure earlier this year, resulting in dry/burnt grass, and poor teebox and green conditions. For $250 there are many other options in Cabo than this current version of the Pamilla course.

Palmilla quality in decline

My wife and I played this course twice several years ago (ocean/arroyo and arroyo/mountain) and thought the courses were immaculate. During this round, unfortunately the ocean course was closed to under maintenance, therefore I had to play arroyo/mountain. The tee boxes and fairways were very brown (not to be expected during their Winter months) and green overly sanded. Bunkers were not freshly graded. Overall not the quality I remember. Staff very friendly and course layout remains a site to see. Mountain course is most challenging.

Good challenge

Very well set up course. Arroyos make the difference with several holes that cross over the sandy beds. Greens were sandy and a bit fast. Ocean nine holes were closed.

Not to Shabby

Played the arroyo-mountain. Fun course with some strategy involved. Irons need to be pretty dialed in to score well. Some forced carries sprinkled through out but all in all a good round of golf. Course was a little dry but hey, that’s just how it is sometimes, if you are in Cabo, you need to play this course.

Pretty course

Course is in great shape with pretty views and lots of undulations. Only negative we’re the golf carts - looked old and worn but they were at least clean on the inside. Staff very nice and friendly.

Do not book

First of all I booked this course on golf now app and they said they would hold 102.67 to book t-time, when I got to the course they said I would not be charged for that, however I was, now no one will take my phone call. Save your money and play country club, same price but it’s not an executive course. 200 to play a course that took us 2 1/2 hours to play, absolute trash.

Commented on 08/30/2020

Your're an idiot. One of the best courses in the country. Stay in San Diego and you won't have to rent clubs either. Great course, great staff.

Always good

We have been coming to Cabo for 24 years and play here almost every time; never disappoints. Friendly staff, great course. Only issue this time was that my husband picked up a shirt from the sale table and wanted to buy it. He was told that it was there by mistake, so he would have to pay full price; poor customer service.

Missouri Advisor

Overpriced.

Played a lot of courses all over everywhere and this course was average for the $235 price. The greens were pretty sandy otherwise the course was in good condition. Only one ocean hole was a little disappointing for most of the Cabo courses I have played. It was a little too "resort style" for my liking as well. Not a bad course by any means but would steer someone toward a different course in the Cabo area.

Los Cabos, Baja California