Waikele Country Club

Year Built 1993
Greens Seashore Paspalum
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1993)

Teaching Pro No

Single Allowed No

Clubhouse, Locker Rooms

First time ever, after playing golf for almost 50 years, that I had a course staff member come out to tell our group of four that we had to “finish out the hole” and “bring it in”. We were told that we were taking to long to play our round and the course was supposed to close at 5pm. It was 5:15 or so at the time we were on our 16th hole and in spite of there still being almost an hour yet for sunset it was time to go! I’ve played at plenty of places where the pro shop closed and when you finish you park your cart and you put the keys in the box or slot. So beware if you have a later tee time!!

Waikele Dec 5

Golf is always fun! Pace of play could have been better. Also, bringing the carts in at 5pm I think is a little too early. I noticed that the groups in front were playing rather slow but as soon as the “carts need to be returned by 5pm” box popped up in the tablet, the pace got a little quicker. The marshall was a cool guy but it would’ve been nice if he had told the groups in front to pick up the pace. Everyone in back of us was getting log jammed because of the slow play. Otherwise, it was fun and great! Thank you!!

Arrogant and verbally abusive staff

Waikele country club is a very nice course .
Kept very well .
And plays fantastic .
The issue is that the people running it are making a terrible job at keeping this course experience as enjoyable one .
From stacking the tee sheet all the way to verbally abusing and cursing seniors , this current team of managers and starters are very disrespectful and the operation manager instead of offering compensation and understanding to the costumers , goes above and beyond behind to find reasons why the course isn’t to blame for having stacked up tee sheets and it’s not only that if you scroll and read through other reviews it’s a repetitive behavior from marshals with big ego who rushes you when there is no one in front of you or back all the way to slow pace due to too short of a distance between starting groups .
This experience of making the turn and getting stock behind 5 groups after playing 9 holes at normal pace with no one 2 hols in front of us is something that obviously happened more then once.
When my playing partner decided to go the the front desk and explain that this isn’t the way things are done and the turn can’t be stacked up with players until the front finish the round he received cursing and shouting like I never heard before on a golf course , the starter a mid age gentleman literally came close to blows ,
My playing partner is 82 years old , it’s absurd that the starter or any personal who works the course could talk that way to paying client let alone a senior !
When we asked for the manager they just told us to call Korea and talk to the owner , are you kidding me ? Who does this type of things , if the owner at Korea heard and witness the practice that workers uses with clients I’m sure he wouldn’t be happy at all !
We had to leave the course mid round very frustrated and the front desk did little to none in assisting or mediate between the party’s .
Not worth ruining a golf outing I would strongly recommend calling and asking if they are busy and do they start both Tee boxes at once ,
For us it was mid week not even weekend so we really got caught by surprise .
Too bad that they have so little aloha in this place .

Very frustrating and condescending attitude from staff .

Waikele country club is a very nice course .
Kept very well .
And plays fantastic .
For us it was mid week not even weekend so we really got caught by surprise .
Too bad that they have so little aloha in this place .

The waiting time is very long

The social distances were not kept, each hole 20 minutes waited Only 9 holes 3 hour’s took . Front of grop takes pictures, talking talking never play on times
That kind of behavior itself is seriously very rude!

Scenery

Nice course, with some challenging holes. Very beautiful acerbity as well.

Come Expecting A Challenge

Awesome Father's Day on the course. Lot's of rolling hills and undulations throughout the course. Not for the faint of heart or golfer that wants an easy round. The only flat area would be the tee box. Even the putting greens were a challenge. Bring your 'A' game cause you're gonna need it..

COVID-19 Play

Course was prepared for play under COVID-19 condition from check-in, time to show up at starter, and golf cart. Had to get used to on green when holing out since hole was above ground. Was impressed with condition of the course during stay at home order. Management pre-planned when golf course was to reopen so kept it in shape.

Beautiful scenery, friendly staff

Thoroughly enjoyed playing this scenic and well maintained golf course. Especially with the GN hot deal. Greens were in excellent shape, they were tough, but ran true. Fairways were damp in some places, but not bad. Beautiful scenes of Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, and Diamond Head. Will definitely play here again.

Great condition

Great work by Marshall to monitor pace of play and directed us around a group of beginners we encountered midway through our round.

I booked this on GolfNow a few days before I was to play. Course was in great shape and plenty of challenges. Played from championship tees and scored about an average for the course difficulty. I would honestly not even think about playing anywhere else on Oahu. I drove by Ko olina and this seems like a better layout and about same quality. Greens rolled well and rest of the course was well maintained.

All good. Going back again.

All divets were filled. No ball marks on greens. Public course? Cleaner than some private courses.

Wiakele

A very well maintained golf course. The greens were reasonably quick. We played from the gold tees which had been moved to the red boxes which made the course a little short for me but was ok for my playing partner. The white tees were back so they were not an option. Overall a good experience.

Fun golf course

Weikele is a beautiful course, challenging but not tricked up or impossible. Men’s tees are about 6200 yds- 5800 from the Srs. Nice GPS system on the carts is a big help. Nice clubhouse and pro shop give the course the feel of a club.

Beautiful course with well maintained fairway

The course was beautiful and the green and the fairway was well maintained.
The staffs were very kind.

not really happy

just not that satisfying of an experience. too crowded and rushed along.

Love to play Waikele Golf Club

I enjoy playing Waikele. It's a big course. The course has a nice layout. People who work in the shop and outside, are great. Bad news was condition required cart path only, a little bit of walking.

Slow pace of play

Had 2 groups of 4 in front of us and not once did we see the course Marshall driving around to keep pace of play moving along.

Waipahu, Hawaii