Type Municipal

Grayslake Golf Course is a sporty par-3, nine-hole layout that has appeal for golfers of all skill levels. It's a great place for beginners or juniors who want to get some practice but it's also a quick, affordable round for more seasoned golfers. No matter what skill level, you'll get plenty of practice with your short game. The golf course is only 1,200 yards in length but you can still expect strategically placed bunkers and berms along the subtly undulating greens. The holes range from 100 to 165 yards in length. Grayslake Golf Course weaves through protected wetlands. The water is deftly incorporated into the design. The mounding is also a defining feature of the course. Not only do they add interest to each putt but they can also defect slightly errant shots back toward the target.

Grayslake Golf Course

Golf Season Year round. Weather permitting.
Architect Greg Martin (2000)

Carts No

Good short game course!

I'm a local resident so I play about 4 times per week going around the course twice. Still challenging every time I play. Right now conditions are not as good as they could be because no rain but they're doing a good job working with what they can do to keep the course from drying out too much. Love practicing my short game here! :)

Deceptive course requires finesse...

Great course to work out your short game irons and putting, and for me, sometimes requires the next longer club than expected. The course is a gem, generally in great shape but soggy after heavy rains. It is a wetlands area course! The wind can change the whole course. Greens are challenging and kept up quite well. Being such a short course with a wide variety of skills and lost balls, pace of play can be challenging when full. Off days/hours works best. Very friendly and accommodating staff.

This course is good to practice irons

All 9 holes are par 3, which can only play irons (6 to 9) and putter. It has no chance to use driver, 3 wood or 5 hybrid because of short distances.

Commented on 11/02/2020

Hi, Mike! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Grayslake Golf Course!

Good Par 3 course

Great beginner course, also good course to work on your short game.

Nice Par 3 Course

It's a challenging Par 3 course. You have multiple shot opportunities over water or reeds. I went with my 8 year old grandson who is new to the game and he was thrilled to clear one of the two ponds that he tried. We used the drop area for him on a couple of holes that were impossible for him to carry.
While we had no problem with pace of play on a weekday at 11:00, it's obvious that par 3 courses attract beginners and I wouldn't be surprised if that is an issue at times (as we left the ninth green, I saw a young girl on the first tee miss the ball three times in a row, for example)
The course is very well maintained and the greens were in very good shape.

Great course if have less than 2 hours

This course is very short. About 1200 yards from Back tees. However this is a fantastic course to work on your short game. There are hazards on 7 out of 9 holes. The course is well maintained and extremely reasonably priced. 12 dollars for a Senior. The staff is great. I have played here 6 times this summer and will be going back. It has taken me about 1-1.5 hours to play nine holes. This course is a hidden gem in Lake County.

Great value for the money

In general it is fun to play and staff is friendly. It will better to have signs showing location of next tee.

This course is for everyone

A great way to work on your short game. I will definitely be coming back to play again soon

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Grayslake Golf Course.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 07/08/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Grayslake Golf Course.

Fun, friendly, fast experience!

I picked up the game of golf last fall, and have been coming to Grayslake Golf Course at least once a week since then! This is the perfect course for both beginners and seasoned vets, as each hole presents it's own unique challenge - water, hills, bunkers, etc. I play here so much that I've gotten pretty decent with my irons!

The best part about this course is the staff. They all know me by name and are genuinely excited to see me when I check in. As a small business manager, I recognize that customer service is vital at a small facility such as this one.

My only gripe is that sometimes you will get stuck behind a large group who will not keep a decent pace. I'd imagine that because of the size of the facility and the price of a round, there is a wide variety of people who attend the course. I understand this isn't the course's fault, just the nature of this particular business. This happens to me at least once a month, but at the end of the day, my longest round only lasts about 90 minutes. I'm usually out in 1 hour-1 hour 15 minutes otherwise.

Grayslake Golf Course is the best place for a quick yet challenging round!

Always fun and challenging

A well maintained par 27 nine hole course that’s challenging, but quick to play! Great staff too!

Fun course!

This is a fun course for beginners to moderate skill level players. The holes are short - ~150 yds at the longest - but interesting. A water hazard on almost every hole. There had been heavy rain recently and fairways had minimal bogginess except for water in the bunkers. Unfortunately no snacks or beverages due to COVID restrictions. Nice staff though. Definitely will play here again. A nice 90 minutes.

Great value

Small course but very well maintained and very friendly staff. Excellent value!

Terrible course

Not fun at all. Not worth more that a dollar to play that course. Staff treated me like I want a customer and I felt abused. The greens were horrible and there was too much wildlife for me to handle. Also they did not specify that it was a par 3 course to me and made me pay and would not refund me. Overall horrible experience!!!

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hi, Max. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Grayslake Golf Course. We hope to earn your business again soon!

Round Lake, Illinois
3.1983
Wadsworth, Illinois
4.2016470588
Grayslake, Illinois
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.