Annandale Golf and Country Club
|Yellow (W)||71||5370 yards||71.0||120|
|Blue M: 68.0/119||415||450||366||400||355||350||380||520||185||3421||370||225||466||195||350||125||300||285||363||2679||6100|
|White M: 67.0/115||410||450||361||330||350||340||375||490||155||3261||360||210||450||190||340||120||290||280||358||2598||5859|
|Yellow W: 70.5/119||350||400||355||320||345||332||370||470||150||3092||355||175||433||185||260||105||280||275||353||2421||5513|
Not Bad For Beginners + First Timers
People give this course a pretty bad rep. but as a fairly near golfer and first time on this course specifically, I was happy with the lack of gimmicks on most holes with some mild challenges on others.
I can see how certain elements aren't desirable to the experienced but I would come back
great layout for the price
played a round this morning, all of the old reviews don't reflect the condition now. The fairways were nice and the greens were pretty well kept, definitely will be back!
Annandale was never a top course, even when it was at its best.
Now it reflects a course that will soon be overtaken by development - empty pro shop, no food or drink, and only the basics in terms of course maintenance.
That said, it is inexpensive, easy to get and booking, and challenging.
Book it for what it is, and enjoy.
Good value for money
Overall good value for money if you want to hit your driver and irons. Many of the putting greens are in rough shape. It is better than what some of the reviews led me to believe.
What a shame!
Must have been a great track once upon a time but has not been looked after for a very long time. Waste of a beautiful landscape.
Here are some pictures to show the conditions of the course and how the reviews are inaccurate at this time. The cart paths are being worked on and there are some greens with past winter damage although now, many greens are looking and playing much better. This is not a course to practice your putter.
The fairways are in excellent condition so you can work on your iron play. The course plays long and
the layout, will allow you to use every club in your bag .
This is not an easy course, you have to be very accurate with your shots.
Enjoy your round as we will keep working on this beautiful golf course. Remember that everyday golfing is a great day.
More pictures to come.
- the balls they use for the range would explode very often. Maybe 1 every 6 range balls.
- the course was just awful. Fairways were more like the rough.
- there were two greens that were literally on the fairway and completely unkept. Can’t stress this enough. There was no green.
- a hole had a tee box that had a concert mat to hit the ball from.
- don’t waste your money.
Missing Greens was a big damper
The course started of well for the first 5 or 6 holes, then at the 7th hole it was a strange and completely blind drive from atop a hill and a vicious dogleg right. Then when we drove further to the green, we noticed there was none. They placed the pin about 25 yards before the green and the green was roped off. And the same thing happened at another hole on the back 9. On the 17th hole it was another strange hole where the pin was place way atop a hill. So no mater what, you needed to drive to the plateau and use a pitching wedge or sandwedge and pitch the ball as high as you could to make it to the top of the very steep hill. The greens on several of the holes were also very dirty, probably due to heavy rain the day before. We did not expect to have two greens roped off. Disappointed to say the least..
Don’t Waste Your Time
- Carts are very old, and staff actually offered a bungee cord to keep passenger-side bag on back of cart, as was no clip to connect strap to; saw 3 carts “stranded” throughout course, from apparently breaking done during use and not towed back
- Cart provided was obviously not fully cleaned by staff prior to being available for next use, as were wrappers/garbage in a few spots left over from previous user
- Cart paths are in TERRIBLE shape and are actually dangerous in a number of places, due to unrepaired large ruts and holes on hills;
- 6 of us actually had to assist one golfer get her cart out of the bush as she had crashed into the trees as lost control coming down the cart path on a curving 2-way narrow hilly cart path which had deep ruts in it
- Greens are not in good shape at all and a few holes have “temporary” greens which are just cut out of fairway and can’t even be played
- Women’s bathroom was filthy and in terrible shape of repair; regardless if owners are not providing proper budget for proper upkeep, there is no excuse for not keeping it clean, especially in the present COVID era . . . and is actually unsanitary to a point of being unsafe.
- Layout of course is confusing in places and signage is insufficient, not maintained and in some places, just embarrassing (hand painted, dripping down from letters - perhaps appropriate for Halloween theme)
- Pace of play was fine for us as minimal people playing, despite being an absolutely gorgeous Sunday afternoon, which was good, as no Marshall seen at all; noticed 6 people playing in group behind us so not sure if affected groups behind them
The few good points of this course are totally overshadowed by all the negatives.
Will never play again, and don’t recommend anybody else does, regardless of price.
please cancel sept golfnow mastercard billing, i went to course without phone and had to pay again, as i did not use golfnow, please cancel billing, t
could not use golnow booking
did not have smart phone
so paid course
paid course directly,
please cancel golfnow billing
how to contact golfnow directly to ensure cancel billing?
is this the only way?