Style Parkland

Formerly known as Southfield Golf Club.

Oxford Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1873
Architect H. S. Colt (1922) James Braid

Course Great - Beware of Members

We played this course whilst on our holiday this week. The staff were excellent and the course was really enjoyable and a very fair test of golf. The greens had been holotined and sanded so weren’t particularly quick, but always ran true and there are some very tricky reads to enjoy! Sadly, 3 female members ruined it slightly for us. After meeting 3 gentleman on the 10th tee after letting them play through, they were very friendly and engaged in conversation about our experience. We kept up with these up to the 12th hole despite being a 4-ball. On the 12th, we had been caught by 3 female members behind. We finished the hole and sat (in view of the 12th tee where they were) by the 13th tee to allow them to play through. However, they decided to wait longer and engage in conversation whilst we waited so we decided to hit our tee shots and let them know we would let them through on the next hole. One female in the group came over demanding to be let through, and I explained why we had carried on and that we would wait on the next hole for them. She was quite rude in her response and failed to acknowledge that we were about to let them through but then they delayed things further. What made this worse was whilst we were stood on the 13th fairway in view and very much in range of the tee, these 3 members decided to hit their shots and narrowly missed one of my playing partners. We signalled for them to stop whilst our last player finished his second shot but they then hit another ball at which point (after again narrowly missing a partner) one of us did shout back to please wait - yet the 3rd member continued to tee off and nearly hit us a third time. We weren’t particularly slow, and we had told them we would let them through on the next hole, which we did and they were again very rude. Disappointing as the course and the round before and after this point was very enjoyable. I would definitely play this course again for the course, but wouldn’t be happy with these people following us again.

Nice course with a friendly atmosphere

This was our 1st time playing here.
The whole course was in good condition with a challenging but fun layout.
We will definitely try and play here more often

Great conditions

Course was in superb condition. Greens were very quick. Really great afternoon of golf!!

Great Layout - Exceeded expectations

Played early morning round as had a morning to kill whilst in the area. Paid £33 for the round which turned out to be a very fair price. Course layout is great especially the start of the back 9. Greens were well maintained and ran well. Spoke to a few of the members who were welcoming and said I could have joined them had not already got a four ball. Would definitely pay a visit again.

Early morning solo ball

Having no major expectations, I was fairly impressed with course. The course layout isn’t anything spectacular or different, but certainly far from dull and enough there to make you think about club selection.
I thought the tee boxes, fairways and greens were on the whole, good condition. It had rained heavily before my round and there was no standing water anywhere. The greens were soft, ran fairly fast and true despite the wet. There was the odd worn patches at the fringes of green, and a handful of greens have had drains installed (better than having puddles) which are the only negatives to otherwise good greens.
Hard to get too excited, but certainly far from disappointed. It’s never going to be at the top of my list, but I would happily play here again.

Amazing greens

Lovely parkland golf course in the heart of the city, has some lovely undulations and challenging holes. The greens are immaculate, true and potentially very quick, though the wet conditions have slowed them down at the moment. Some testing par 3 s with tiered greens and some awkward lies to be found if not arrow straight. Overall a fantastic course and friendly staff, well worth a visit for any golfer regardless of handicap.

Course in top condition

Great afternoon. Friendly club. Perfect etiquette on the course.

Great day

Wet under foot but the day was awesome, lots of leaves that seem to hide the balls but only expected this time of year, great that they supplied bunker mini rakes wonderful idea and the greens were first class.

First time playing course

Service in the pro shop excellent. The course was in great condition with the greens playing fast and true. Each hole had its own character and no two holes were the same. Lots of challenging holes but a course I could play over and over. Staff both in the pro shop and clubhouse very friendly and welcoming. Would definitely play the course again if I was in the area.

First time playing course

Booked course through golf now and played with husband and another golfer. Staff very friendly in the bar and pro shop. Course was a great test and every hole different. Some elevated tees with interesting drives. Greens were in great condition and very slick although I was told in the pro shop they're usually a little faster! Would definitely play the course again if I was in the area.

Lovely Greens

Oxford as normal played very well. The course was wet as to be expected but very little areas of concern. The greens were up to the usual professional standard and receptive, true, fast and undulating. Play was for once at a good speed until the 15 then it slowed up a little. All in all a great place to play golf where you can be assured the facilities are going to be top notch and the course to match.

Oxford City Golf Course

The green were the best in the county, even though the course was busy we still got around in less than 4 hrs.

Excellent.

Very slow round

Great course. Really don’t know what the time problem was, had to wait on every tee from the third hole sometimes two groups waiting on par 3 holes

Good course, excellent greens.

Didn’t know this course was there having lived near Oxford ages- a hidden gem!

Very interesting holes- demanding good shotmaking throughout the bag. Greens excellent- fast too. And some big slopes/ tiers which were quite tricky. Course was quite hilly too, and very good fun to play.

Enjoyed - will go back.

Resort/Semi-Private
Boarstall, Aylesbury Vale
Resort/Semi-Private
Abingdon, Vale of White Horse
LONDON, ENGLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Berystede Hotel in Ascot and 5 rounds of golf at Sunningdale New Course, Walton Heath, Sunningdale Old Course, St. Georges Hill, and Swinley Forest.
WALES | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Y-Branwen in Harlech and Coldra Court in Celtic Manor and 5 rounds of golf at Aberdovey, Royal St. Davids, Pennard, Royal Porthcawl, and Celtic Manor 2010.
NORTHERN IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Bayview Hotel in Bushmills and Burrendale Hotel in Newcastle and 5 rounds of golf at Portmarnock, Portstewart, Royal County Down, Ardglass, and Royal Portrush.
SOUTHPORT | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Vincent Hotel in Southport and 5 rounds of golf at Hillside, Royal Liverpool, Formby, Royal Lytham & St. Annes, and Royal Birkdale.
DUBLIN, IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Green Hotel in Dublin City and 5 rounds of golf at County Louth, The Island, Portmarnock, Royal Dublin, and K Club (Palmer North).